• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

timberwolf inn in grand rapids...

tennman123

I haven't stayed there, but I did stay at the sawmill and I can't image a hotel with more uncomfortable beds then that place. Felt like I slept on a sheet of plywood when I woke up.

I have had relatives stay there and thought it was real nice. However Timberwolf Inn is north of Marcell, 35 miles north of Grand Rapids

I have stayed there many nights and I recommend it. They have a bar and restaurant with some fairly decent food. The rooms are nice and clean. If you want something cheaper there is a place called Richie's Marcell Inn; located in Marcell. Not as nice but cheaper. Richie's is also a bar/restaurant.

To respond to your earlier questions: This is the area where I grouse hunt, Chippewa National Forest plenty of land to hunt around there. I would suggest obtaining a Chippewa National Forest Map or getting a Minnesota Gazetteer Map Book. Head off on dirt roads from Hwy 38 or 6 and you'll find more than enough to hunt; although times like MEA weekend can get busy or if there is a Ruff Grouse Society meeting in Grand Rapids it can get a bit busy. If you like to camp there are plenty of camp spots that are free, first come first serve. That is what I typically do until the weather turns. Then its the Timberwolf Inn or Richie's.

average joe, it seems to me you are the man to talk to about grouse hunting around Effie. I would appreciate more infor if you can let me know anything please feel free to lay it on me. I am 65 yrs. old so I wont be stealing your favorite hunting spots, I and 2 of my old friends are wanting to head that way, and we need a little help. holler back at me if you can tell me anything.

I stayed at the Timberwolf at Marcell last year for two nights. Had a great time. Clean big rooms and the bar and food there were very nice too. Also very nice people. AND no I don't know them or have any connections with them.