• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darren Sharper arrested in L.A.

BuckSutherland

Quote:
Former NFL star defensive back Darren Sharper has been arrested on suspicion of rape and is being investigated in connection with three separate sexual assaults.

Sharper was arrested and booked Friday and released on $200,000 bail just before midnight, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. He faces a Feb. 14 court appearance.

LAPD says it is investigating Sharper in connection with two sexual assaults that occurred in the West Los Angeles area, one in October and another earlier this month.

New Orleans Police Department spokeswoman Remi Braden said Saturday in a statement that NOPD is also investigating an allegation of sexual assault filed against Sharper on Sept. 24.

A five-time Pro Bowler, Sharper has worked as an analyst for the NFL Network since retiring in 2010.

The NFL Network announced in a statement Saturday that Sharper has been suspended without pay, effective immediately.

"Darren has been suspended without pay until further notice, effective immediately," said Alex Riethmiller, a spokesman for NFL Network.

Sharper, 38, played 14 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints, recording 63 career interceptions. He was part of the NFL 2000's All-Decade

Team.

• 1 month later...

I have hated him with a passion ever since his cheap shots on Farve. Can you imagine being the father of one of these girls?? Like to see some picutres of the victims.

Quote:
Darren Sharper told witnesses that the sex he and a friend had with two women in New Orleans in September was not consensual, according to a report by a New Orleans police detective obtained by USA Today.

The former NFL safety is currently jailed in Los Angeles, having surrendered last week to police after a warrant was issued in connection with the alleged rapes in New Orleans.

An acquaintance of Sharper's, Erik Nunez, also is facing two charges of aggravated rape in the incident, which police in Louisiana said occurred at an apartment on Sept. 23, 2013. Nunez was booked on two counts of rape Friday morning in New Orleans.

The report states the two alleged victims were under the influence of an unknown substance and "do not recall the entirety of the sexual intercourse."

Both victims said they awoke from the stupor to find Sharper on top of them, "completely nude," according to the report, and both denied consenting to the sex.

An acquaintance later entered the apartment that night and found Sharper in his boxer shorts, according to the report. The person then saw Nunez exiting Sharper's room, also in just underwear.

"Through further investigation by the (detectives) it was learned that Nunez and Sharper admitted to other known witnesses that he and Sharper had ... sex with victims #1 and #2 without their knowledge or permission," the report states.

Sharper will appear in court Friday. His attorneys will argue that he should be released from a Los Angeles jail, where he has been held without bail because of the arrest warrant issued by Louisiana authorities.

Sharper's attorneys filed a motion Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, arguing that since Sharper has not been formally charged in Louisiana, he should be released on the terms of $1 million bail he previously posted in regards to charges in Los Angeles.

Sharper has been charged with seven felonies in Los Angeles related to cases in which he's accused of drugging and raping two women he met at nightclubs. He pleaded not guilty to those charges.

Sharper has submitted DNA samples to New Orleans police and had agreed to turn himself in if he was charged, and a judge already has indicated bail will be set if the athlete is formally charged, the motion states.

In addition, Sharper is under investigation in sexual assault cases in Florida, Nevada and Arizona.

If convicted in California, Sharper could face more than 30 years in state prison. If convicted of aggravated rape in Louisiana, both Sharper and Nunez, 26, would face life imprisonment.

Sharper, 38, was selected All-Pro six times and chosen for the Pro Bowl five times. He played in two Super Bowls, one with the Green Bay Packers as a rookie and a second with the New Orleans Saints. He retired after the 2010 season, having played 14 years in the NFL, and was an analyst for NFL Network, which fired him last week.

Find it odd that you want to see pics of the victims!?! But I hope he gets whats coming to him as by the sounds of it they have enough on him to lock him up possibly for the rest of his life!!!!

Find it odd that you want to see pics of the victims!?! But I hope he gets whats coming to him as by the sounds of it they have enough on him to lock him up possibly for the rest of his life!!!!

Yeah, I guess that does sound a lotta weird. I was meaning it more to find out if they were young girls like 18-21 or if they were more his age 35-40. I would be willing to bet he has some type of fetish for a certain type of girl and that made him force the issue. You wouldnt think an NFL player would have problems finding a willing partner. Trying to profile the scumbag out of curiosity.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty right?

Or should we just execute him now.

You people amaze me.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty right?

Or should we just execute him now.

You people amaze me.

He admitted it to detectives. Do you think they created a false police report?? Do you think that several women from different cities all over the country conspired to make up some story?? Gonna cost taxpayers maybe a million or more to prosecute him. I will save us all some coin and donate the bullet for free. Maybe if he was a catholic priest you would change your tune.

Innocent until proven guilty.

A simple concept yet so many rush to judgement.

Unless it is the POTUS, Right?

He admitted in a court of law that he DID in fact, have non-consenting sex with two women.

Not much to prove there...that's pretty much the definition of rape, isn't it?

Were any of you there?

The two victims were under the influence of an unknown substance.

How is their story reliable?

Also where does it say in the story that Sharper admitted this in court?

All it says is known witnesses said Sharper told them that the sex not consented to.

Also where does it say in the story that Sharper admitted this in court?

All it says is known witnesses said Sharper told them that the sex not consented to.

I was wondering the same thing...

These women may just be looking to get rich. It wouldn't be the first time.

Nice of you to give a rapist the benefit of doubt, but not the farmer. You always say almost every farmer breaks so many laws they should be put out of business, but no one to rush to judge this guy?

Why even listen to RRR? Sorry but his negative attitude has basically lost all credit for anything he puts in these forums!! He use to contribute a little to the threads back in the day...now just a negative attitude.

Kinda hard not to form an opinion looking at the "facts" that have come out on the issue. I mean really if you are being investigated in 5 differnt states for the same crime there just might be something there!!!!

Nice of you to give a rapist the benefit of doubt, but not the farmer. You always say almost every farmer breaks so many laws they should be put out of business, but no one to rush to judge this guy?

Nice red herring.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty must be a real hard concept for sone of you to understand.

Why even listen to RRR? Sorry but his negative attitude has basically lost all credit for anything he puts in these forums!! He use to contribute a little to the threads back in the day...now just a negative attitude.

Kinda hard not to form an opinion looking at the "facts" that have come out on the issue. I mean really if you are being investigated in 5 differnt states for the same crime there just might be something there!!!!

Or it could a bunch of money grubbing whores trying to ruin a mans reputation.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Or it could a bunch of money grubbing whores trying to ruin a mans reputation.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Yes 9 women in 5 states conspired to take him down. crazy

You dont seem to mind passing judgement on Obama. Remember, you have already convicted him of treason.