• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ladies and Gentleman... you got him!

LABS4ME

Nobodies drooling over Turner...not at all. I think the excitement lies in the fact it's NOT Musgrave.

But, it says alot about his talent as a coordinator that Zimmer would reach out to him so fast. Who would know better then a long term DC who to hire and target as your OC? Turner isn't even hired yet, is he?

I love Zimmers confidence and presence...can't wait to see how our team starts to shake out once FA starts!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• BuckSutherland

• zepman

• fishersofmen

I love Zimmers confidence and presence...can't wait to see how our team starts to shake out once FA starts!!

I am guessing he will be smart enough to can that loser we have at DE.

Rivers is legit. I'd take him in a heartbeat, love the attitude.

What was the relationship like between Rivers and Turner? I'm curious if Rivers would play for Turner again, although I doubt we'll ever know while both are still in the league.

I like Rivers too but feel like SD was held back from going further into the playoffs, or even making the playoffs for that matter, because of Turner. He may be a decent O-Coach but his game management as a HC was lacking considerably. They always seemed like they had what it took to make some noise in the playoffs but couldn't get over the hump, with the hump being Turner.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Freeman was dismissed cause he is a locker room cancer.

Get a clue guru.

And you were part of that locker room and know this for a fact or are you just a parrot repeating what you've heard from another who has heard?

Originally Posted By: DrJuice1980
+1

And you were part of that locker room and know this for a fact or are you just a parrot repeating what you've heard from another who has heard?

Freeman is a well-documented loser, not a team player. If I cant take the word of TB players, coaches, GM and NFL insiders who can I listen too?? Were they just making up that he was missing meetings and practice?? He did it on purpose so he could get cut and PAID! GET A CLUE lil RICKEY! And did u ever hear a Vikings player speak positively about him?? I sure didnt. But to please you Rick I wont comment on anything anymore unless I have been present to get a first hand account. I guess I wont be able to verify professor Trollseth's account of the Dust Bowl and Great Depression since I wasn't there. Everything I learned in school I better throw it out cause I wasn't there. Good Grief.

4 of 5 Mike Glennon's first games in the NFL were against:

Arizona (10-6) barely missed playoffs, lost by 3

Philly (10-6) made the playoffs

Carolina (12-4) made the playoffs

Seattle (13-3) hosting NFC champ, and TB lost to them in OT in Seattle

Then they WON 4 of the next 5 games. and they wrapped up the season against SF (12-4) in NFC championship, and NO (11-5) playoff team, while both were were struggling to make the playoffs.

That is one brutal schedule for a rookie QB.

Freeman was dismissed cause he is a locker room cancer. I would much rather roll with Ponder than him, and that's saying a lot. Schiano was a hard@$$ just like Zimmer, and look at the poutfest little pansy Freeman put on. Why in the world would it be any different here. Schiano was well respected just like Zimmer when he got his first job.

Get a clue guru.

From week 7 in 2011, - week 3 of 2013, Josh Freeman had a record of.........

wait for it......

4-25. LOL add in his stellar Vikings performance and he was 4-26. One of those wins came against the Vikings in 2012.

In 2012, his last full year he threw 17 INTS and had a QB rating of 81. That year he led his team just shy of the playoffs by 6 games with a 4-12 record.

Boy those are some blistering stats there.

I never said they were big winners. I said they won a couple games and at least became competitive and they did it against one of the hardest schedules in the league. Freeman is a tool, and if you think he is any good or worth having on the team you are too.

Actually you said "Funny how once Freeman was gone they started to win and be competitive with Mike Glennon."

Which wasn't true that's all.

For the record I was saying Freeman was a tool before any of you.

9/27/13-

I'd rather have Freeman then Blunder for a QB but Freeman is a tool.

Actually you said "Funny how once Freeman was gone they started to win and be competitive with Mike Glennon."

Which wasn't true that's all.

With Freeman teams won 4 of 30 games (13.3%)

With Glennon they won 4 or 13 games, a couple more they lost by a few points. ( 30.8%)

They were almost 2.5 times better with Glennon at QB. I dont know what is so hard to understand. Freeman is not a winner plain and simple. The franchise winning percentage went up dramatically once Freeman got booted.

In 2012, his last full year he threw 17 INTS and had a QB rating of 81. That year he led his team just shy of the playoffs by 6 games with a 4-12 record.

Boy those are some blistering stats there.

Ummmmm in 2012 Tampas record was 7-9, I like how you pick the stats you like but leave out the others lol. You forgot to mention Freeman broke the team record for TD's (27) and passing yards (4,065) that year.

I think Schiano is even a bigger tool. All of Freemans "problems" started when he came in. Whats their record since that guy took over?

I'm not even a Freeman fan but now you got me looking at him, he holds quite a bit of franchise records in his few years as a Buc.

Buccaneers franchise records

Highest quarterback rating in a single season - 95.9 (2010) (in 16 starts)

Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season- 5 (2010) (tied with Doug Williams)

Most game winning drives in a single season- 5 (2010) (tied with Brad Johnson)

Highest completion percentage in a single season - 62.8 (Min. 500 attempts) (2011)

Most touchdown passes thrown in consecutive games - 15 (2010-2011)

Fewest interceptions in a single season: 6 (2010) (in 16 starts)

Longest pass completion: 95 (vs New Orleans Saints) (2012)

Most pass completions in a career - 1,144 (2009-2013)

Most consecutive seasons, 3,000 yards passing - 3 (2010-2012) (tied with Brad Johnson)

Most seasons with 3,000+ passing yards - 3 (tied with Brad Johnson)

Most passing yards in a single season - 4,065 (2012)

Most passing touchdowns in a career - 80 (2009-2013)

Most passing touchdowns in a single season - 27 (2012)

Most passing touchdowns in a game - 5 (tied) (December 26, 2010 vs. Seattle Seahawks)

Must suck to be a buc fan.

Freeman can play ball...by all accounts he's a head-case right now...maybe??

Nobody knows what's going on with him...it's been earily silent on him since his last start. Frazier is the only one to go out on a limb for this guy and all reports coming from him have been positive. Spielman...nothing.

Zimmer and his OC will be the final word on the guy...I'm sure both have an opinion on him right now. I'm also sure there's a lot of questions being asked on this very subject behind closed doors.

Like I said in an earlier post...It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Not really sure on Freeman but to just grab random numbers when his team was bad and then say team was bad because of him is ridiculous.

That would be similar to saying Favre was awful qb because of his final season with vikes and it was his fault team was so bad that year.

Quote:

Vikings hired ex-Browns OC Norv Turner as offensive coordinator.

Turner is the second coordinator to leave the Browns this week after DC Ray Horton signed with the Titans. In Minnesota, he'll have complete control of the offense under defensive-minded HC Mike Zimmer and will be tasked with turning around one of the NFL's least effective units in 2013. The Vikings have major concerns at quarterback, but Turner's aggressive passing scheme should maximize the talents of Cordarrelle Patterson and Greg Jennings. He also figures to incorporate more of a run-first approach behind Adrian Peterson after ranking 27th in rushing offense with the Browns this past season.

I wonder what will happen with Jerome Simpson and John Carlson. It would be nice if we could get some type of option coming out of the backfield to catch passes. I think Toby will be gone, and I hope Chase Ford gets an honest run to make the team. One thing is certain. Turner will be a big upgrade over Bill Musgrave.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rivers isn't going anywhere until '16.

Rivers is a choke artist.

I'd take him over anything we have though.

He'll retire a Charger or just be an old washed up QB when someone else gets him.

Report: Scott Turner will be Vikings quarterbacks coach

The Vikings haven’t formally announced any changes to the coaching staff other than Mike Zimmer replacing Leslie Frazier as the head coach, but those changes are being made.

Bill Musgrave, still listed on the Vikings website as offensive coordinator, is headed to Philly to be the quarterbacks coach and the team has hired Norv Turner and George Edwards as their offensive and defensive coordinator respectively. And it seems that Norv won’t be the only member of the Turner family on the staff.

Master Tesfatsion of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Scott Turner has been handling the team’s meetings with quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl, which suggests that he’ll be the quarterbacks coach for the Vikings in 2014. Turner served as the wide receivers coach with the Browns last season while his father was the team’s offensive coordinator.

Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas and Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd both said they met with the younger Turner and that the meetings went well. The Vikings are expected to look long and hard at all the quarterbacks in this year’s draft while trying to find a better answer than the three-headed one they employed to little success last season.

Looks like the entire defensive coaching staff is gone from last year...Zimmer didn't retain a single one of them.

Looks like the entire defensive coaching staff is gone from last year...Zimmer didn't retain a single one of them.

Also heard that Mustpuke is gone to Philly as the QBs coach. How the hell are we going to learn 4 new plays for next year???

I don't know what Zimmer was thinking here. Look at the awesome job Mustpuke did with our QBs. We are gonna regret losing him for a long time.

what about the homogenocidal Mike Prifer?? Did we keep him?? I wouldnt want Kluewe to have to move cause we didnt retain any of the old regime.

Zimmer must want to stick around for awhile, didn't take him long to realize most of that staff was bunk. Last I seen we were keeping our WR coach.

Poor Foles was just getting good now he has to learn from MustPuke lol.

Philly will be drafting a punter! Or maybe contacting Klewe... I guess he already knows the 4th play in Muskrat's play card.

Good Luck!

Ken