• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
minky

spring snow goose hunts

2thepointsetters

The guide was supposedly legit. He follows the geese from Missouri to North Dakota. Almost all the birds left our area the first morning. We sat in an empty field for 2.5 days.

walleye18

Sorry to hear that....glad you made the best of it.

2thepointsetters

Sorry to hear that....glad you made the best of it.

We still had fun out there and I learned a lot by watching all the birds. I can't wait to try it on my own. I should have listened when everybody said to not use a guide.

CANOPY SAM

Wow that last pic of all the birds on the move is really something! Sorry to hear that your guides didn't pan out, but it does sound like some of it may have been out of their hands, what with most of the birds pulling out.

Certainly no guarantees in this game. Glad to hear you made the best of it, and learned some valuable info for your next run at it! wink

That northern migration is truly epic! If they would only fly just a little bit lower!!!! smile

jpallen

What guide service were you using 2thepointsetters?

Bryce

full-283-44560-2014_04_1419.51.53.jpg

Trap set. More birds around than I expected. As long as the weatherman is correct, just need to stubble up the blind for me and the hound and launch the flyers. Big scramble or even bust if no wind shift. Hailed out field stuffed full of corn with 2 smallish rooosts within a mile. Both loaded with dirty birds.

Bryce

Down to 17. Crystal clear sky. Wouldn't be surprised to see single digits at wake up in a few hours. Drove through spotty very heavy snow on the way here. Weird weather this spring.

Bryce

Anyone looking to build a spread should have contacted me 2 hours ago. Could have had gps coordinates to a real cheap starter set. Juvies disappeared and the surprising number of adults in the area did to me what adults do. Limp is barely noticeable. 25 in the blind this morning. Contemplated breaking out the speedo since that was the warmest morning of the trip but resisted.

Not sure how the wife is going to react to receiving decoys for birthday, aniversary, christmas, and any other occasion that I can think of. More decoys has got to be the answer, right? Until it comes time to pick them up next spring.

chub

Sell em off and buy fullbodies. They always decoy into fullbodies!

Bryce

I could disguise 2 dozen sillos as roses. Not so much with full bodies.

Todd Caswell

Bryce,

All in all how were the bird numbers, not just the white birds but Ducks and darks as well? Heading out that way this weekend to pick up a new dog box and planning on spending a couple days shooting photo's.

Bryce

Most of the darks have pushed through. Just the local pairs and a few specks left. Ducks everywhere.

Bryce

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• KidMoe
      Looks like a great time and some big smiles! You’re gonna have the kiddos rousing early you every weekend for more time on the water!
    • KidMoe
      With that detail Borch I could spend all summer trying the different suggestions and combos! Very well done sir!    I might have to venture away from Pool 4 to try out some clearer water for night time eyes!
    • smalliehunter
      couple good ones from last couple weeks.  Top pic is my pb 10¾"  Bottom photo is a ten incherfinally got a ruler with white lines that will show up in a photo
    • Djsnej123456
      Just meaning trout  waters that have natural population of trout that are born and grow in the water their entire life.  Green pumpkin, browns, watermelons, black, silver/ blue, some orange. Colors those fish are used too. Insects, Minnows, crawdads etc. 
    • Djsnej123456
      Great pic
    • DLS1988
      I was up last weekend(Memorial Day weekend) at the cabin on Birch Point. Where my electronics reading right that water was 64-66 degrees? Also tried up in the shallows in the pencil reads and sandy rocky bottoms of big bay, the side of the point our cabin is on, hoping to find crappies on beds, but nothing. Seems like the perfect area and water temp for all other lakes I’ve fished and there was nothin. Not a sight of beds or fish. Maybe there just isn’t good crappie numbers there? Anyone will to share some shallows for sight fishing on beds? And info on that water temp or what it currently is. and if that was right, is that still not warm enough for vermillion? Gonna be up the weekend of 6/5 to try again, and hoping to not miss it this week. Thank you
    • Mr. 5 pounder
      Thanks for the input, Patches and good to hear you did well in the area.   Johnson lake is a memorable one for me. I fished there for the first time about two years ago around the last week of June and as soon as we drove past Frontier my pin clip for the boat trailer fell off. Never found out why and never happened again, but I noticed it gone at the launch. I was with a buddy of mine and my father, and I told them to just troll near the launch while I went back to look for the clip. After about 15 more minutes I found it in the middle of road, right outside Pine Cone Cafe.   By the way, it was overcast with the occasional sprinkle, but the sun would spill out as well. When i got back to the launch I noticed my two fisherman pals where not eager to come pick me up. In about 20 minutes they caught 3 walleye trolling spinners in about the 10-12 foot weed line outside of the launch.  We kept one feeling we were deserving giving the circumstance, but as soon as I got in the boat luck failed us again. We trolled the whole lake and only caught one more on the east side. The weather kept getting better which was probably the reason, but it seems like Johnson is like most likes in the area... where if there is a hot walleye bite its not going to last too long.    My Dad went out on Burrows the other day and got nothing too exciting besides northern while fishing the same tactic.  Thats one of our "go tos," but Im currenty not in the area, but getting there soon. Hopefully i bring better reports come as well.   Good Luck    
    • CigarGuy
      There's one on Craigslist in the free section. It's in rough shape, but the floats look good. Brooklyn Park.
    • gunner55
    • chucker1101
      Smallmouth should be on beds spawning. Good time to fish smallmouth. Fishing off shallow water off rocky islands on East side of Vermilion should be in play. Troll and throw spinners to shore.  Look for line where big rocks end and small rocks/gravel starts. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.