• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
minky

spring snow goose hunts

minky

That is one ugly beaver!

Good luck if you make it out hunting!

Bryce

Quite a few reports that sodak is receiving a big push of birds today. Have seen one report as far as I-90. Think I'll tinker with the new ecaller a bit.

creepworm

Saw a couple small flocks west of the Brookings area around 11:00 this morning.

Finlander

Wonder ifiz Hotspotoutdoors will have a the Snow Goose Migration Map again this spring?

creepworm

Wonder ifiz Hotspotoutdoors will have a the Snow Goose Migration Map again this spring?

It would be a little late now, seeing the big push will be in ND by the end of the week.

Mallethead

Heading to Mound City Missouri on Friday hoping to make it rain!

Scott M

Good luck. Was headed to Grand Pass, Mo. Group is now detouring to SoDak on Wednesday. I think its going to be a steady push north with the lack of snow in the Dakotas.

carpshooterdeluxe

Good luck. Was headed to Grand Pass, Mo. Group is now detouring to SoDak on Wednesday. I think its going to be a steady push north with the lack of snow in the Dakotas.

I would still go to missouri or nebraska. If you hunt SD you'll want to get your stakes in the ground thursday and you probably won't get to re set the spread the rest of the weekend unless your using fullbodies with ring bases.

Hunted all day yesterday in south central SD. snows started flying around 10am and pretty much quit by 2 pm. Never had a bird cut altitude to give us a look. More birds came up through the SE part of the state. Had buddies fishing up by webster and they saw a few flocks of snows around 4 pm yesterday. Looking forward to the migration stringing out. Juvies will stay with the water, they could care less about the snowline.

jpallen

Lots of snows east and northeast of Redfeild, SD last night. Couple feeds of 5-10k.

If the ground is too frozen for stakes put them in the corn stocks, we do it all the time and works fine.

Scott M

Might settle in north of Squaw Creek some place. Wheels are rolling in Mizzou, I'm headed southwest to some degree tomorrow night.

Bryce

1.2 million reported on Squaw and reports of guides headed to sodak. The spectacle is happening.

Bryce

Well that happened fast. Guess I could have had a green beer at The Angry Beaver. Got a photo last night of migrants entering nodak. Would sure be a sight to see today I bet. 60+ and stiff south wind. Training all next week protects some of my hair from dealing with adults and frozen fields. Probably head out for a couple weeks starting the 24th-ish or so depending on when the weatherman says there will be a stretch of south wind days. With any luck, the fields will be driveable by then.

fishuhalik

Making the commute to Williston right now. I usually cut north at Fargo to GF, but I'm gonna take 94 to Bismarck this time & see if there's any salt & pepper as far north as 94. This is one of those times of the year i love working outdoors in Nodak. My buddies always give me dump for gawking at the massive flocks flying overhead lol

fishuhalik

First salt & pepper sighting of the year. 50 miles east of Fargo. 5 small flocks less than 20 birds. 3 flying high headed north 2 flying se flying low

fishuhalik

Line of birds about a mile long dumping into a feed. Off 94, 2 miles east of exit 281 (sanbourne) south side of 94

758D6F4A-6062-4819-8B09-79FC6E8C6BE3_zps

123fish

Snows and blues were rolling real good through the far southwest corner of the state right now (4:30) when I came home from work. Saw at least six bunches with 150-200 birds in them.

minky

Are hunters taking some birds?

I always wonder if we will ever get the snow geese numbers down low enough to protect their nesting areas.

Bryce

The spring hunt has done nothing to curb the population growth. Surprised it hasn't been shut down actually. We hunters have powerful allies in the tourism and gear manufacturing industries.

fishuhalik

Ditto Bryce. Spring snows have turned into a multi-million dollar industry. It's not touching the total numbers

But I see no reason to shut it down

A few scout flocks after that huge group but nothing much. However, the number of honkers between Bismarck & Minot on 83 is jaw dropping. I probably look like a drunk driver, swerving all over the roads, gawking at all the birds. I love it out here

Proskier2038

Just saw a good flock of snows just south of Mankato feeding in the corn- if anybody in that area is itching to get out pm me for details- it's been a long time since I've seen them in that are- I'm headed to Colorado so it should be fun watching the sky's -

Just wish I had my shotgun along!

Scott M

Hunted by Squaw. Lots of birds. 88 for 7 guns in 3 days. Not a lot of birds decoying relative to what we saw, but didn't shoot many juvies either. Wonderful weather and a very nice farmer that gave us permission. Lots of hunters in the area but based on conversations overheard and the long faces at the motel, I'd say we did pretty good.

Reading reports here and elsewhere, it sounds like things are really spread out north to south. I'm done for the year but the rest of the guys are heading to SoDak potentially the next two weekends.

tracker x-2

Got any photos Scott? I'm heading out there this weekend hoping to get in on some good action!

minky

Any updates?

I really enjoy hearing how everyone is doing!

fishuhalik

Put on 200 miles in nw NoDak. Zero snows. A few honkers & a pair of mallards was it. Saw 4 moose though!

Finlander

No water = no geese! Friends of mine are still hunting them in southeast Nebraska! Too cold!

hillbilly...

hey you need to delet some messages your full

tracker x-2

t minus 3 hours till i head west

banana_smiley_45.gif

fishuhalik

You trying to send me a message hillbilly? I only have a couple in there

Scott M

Got any photos Scott? I'm heading out there this weekend hoping to get in on some good action!

Good luck! The refuge is still reporting lots of birds!

full-6416-43595-missouribigshoot.jpg

full-6416-43596-missouriviewfromtheblind

full-6416-43597-missouriadultandeaglehea

full-6416-43598-missouriross.jpg

Bryce

Sure would like to be out there today. Weekend doesn't sound so good though. Everythings ready to be packed. Just need to put the mag extension on and throw in a few cases of shells. full-283-43606-2014_03_2012.14.41.jpg

Added another ecaller this spring. Works fine as is but need to figure how to wire in the remote. Less than $100 into this one.

full-283-43607-2014_03_2012.14.12.jpg