• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kluwe: Vikings assistant is a “bigot,” Frazier and Spielman “cowards”

PurpleFloyd

Sorry to ruin your day hawgchaser grin but he didn't play in 2013. grin What does 2015 have to do with anything?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Canon Guy

• CaptainMusky

• fishersofmen

• FISHINGURU

if these allegations are true, I think as a decent human being he's obligated to speak up.

obligated over a year later, when he admits he has no chance to get back into the NFL, with a much harder road to hoe in regards to proving any of this as being true... If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... chances are it's a duck. He should have been obligated as a decent human to step up and put an end to it immediately when/if it happened. Much easier to prove it then, and if it did, the right course of action could be taken.

Good Luck!

Ken

I am not sure if any of you have played football, but it isnt a white collar office atmosphere, there are a bunch of tough guys, with high testosterone, and egos pumping each other up, pounding chests, smacking each other on the butts, punching each other in the chests, it isnt really a place for pansies, or thin skinned folks.

I am not saying it should be an everything goes type thing, but it wont ever be a bunch of guys talking about family, and how their evenings went at home. I dont think anyone should be picked on, but things are said, that arent to be taken personally.

Did he say stuff? I wouldnt doubt it, was it said to insult someone? I doubt it. Then again, with Kluwe not being a team favorite player, I wouldnt have my doubts if people said things just to get to him.

obligated over a year later, when he admits he has no chance to get back into the NFL, with a much harder road to hoe in regards to proving any of this as being true... If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... chances are it's a duck. He should have been obligated as a decent human to step up and put an end to it immediately when/if it happened. Much easier to prove it then, and if it did, the right course of action could be taken.

Good Luck!

Ken

Why would it be harder to prove now? A subpoena to the witnesses now is just as useful as one when it happened. And given the fact that he can't go back in time and change his decisions to align with your approved course of action, are you advocating that because he didn't bring this up at what you deem to be the optimal time that it should never see the light of day?

I am not sure if any of you have played football, but it isnt a white collar office atmosphere, there are a bunch of tough guys, with high testosterone, and egos pumping each other up, pounding chests, smacking each other on the butts, punching each other in the chests, it isnt really a place for pansies, or thin skinned folks.

I am not saying it should be an everything goes type thing, but it wont ever be a bunch of guys talking about family, and how their evenings went at home. I dont think anyone should be picked on, but things are said, that arent to be taken personally.

Did he say stuff? I wouldnt doubt it, was it said to insult someone? I doubt it. Then again, with Kluwe not being a team favorite player, I wouldnt have my doubts if people said things just to get to him.

Advocating genocide is not acceptable, ever, locker room or otherwise. If we can't all agree on that I'm going to have bow out of this thread.

I understand why he kept quiet at the time. At that time he was still hopeful of keeping a job in the NFL. In the NFL speaking out against a coach gets you blacklisted for good. Doesn't matter what the coach did you can't challenge that authority. How many of you will give up your career and profession in order to speak out against your boss? Would you risk it all to speak out or would you wait for better timing that would present less risk to you and your career?

If what he said is true it won't be hard to prove now or a year ago. Should have been heard by enough people and a simple subpoena should bring out the truth. But like I said before, its up to Priefer if he wants to bring this to court to seek damages. Which will never happen if he actually said this stuff.

Im sure if Priefer had the power to place all the gays in the world on an island and nuke em he wouldnt make that choice. I dont think you can throw out the comment of being an "advocate to genocide." Dont be so sensitive. Have you never over exaggerated to get shock value?

Hey Kluwe, why should having an opinion cost you your job, right?

In Summary:

Lost his job because we could get somebody cheaper to do the job he was doing, if not better. Same with Longwell.

However in Kluwe's eyes:

Kluwe: Pro same sex marriage. Says he was let go because of that.

Priefer: Obviously not Pro same sex marriage. Per Kluwe, he shouldnt be an NFL coach.

This wreaks of "look at how good of a person I am," "ME ME ME" and "spotlight, never leave, please"

If anybody is a fan of this guy I feel sorry for you.

If he wants to stand for a cause then he's doing it the wrong way.

Im sure if Priefer had the power to place all the gays in the world on an island and nuke em he wouldnt make that choice. I dont think you can throw out the comment of being an "advocate to genocide." Dont be so sensitive. Have you never over exaggerated to get shock value?

Please tell us how you know what all sides of this issue, think, mean and would or wouldn't do given the opportunity. How did you come by all of this first hand information? It's really quite incredible.

This is simply a he said, she said point now. I will reserve judgement until more (if any) facts come out on this. I do think, that if this is not a media driven bus crash that it won't be going anywhere.

Without anybody backing his allegations, this is going nowhere.

Kluwe is just mad about losing his NFL career, many times people have lost their job over what they have said, when Frazier told him to be quiet quit saying stuff it's like dad telling you to shut up, nothing wrong with that putting a loud mouth in their place for once, just shut up and play football and go fishing. When you speak at times in the spur of the moment or whatever you get what you get, we know free speech isn't free speech and he did to, move to Colorado now Gooey, your uhaul will run out of gas if you don't.

Good Luck!

Ken

+1

So apparently he is finding that World of Warcraft,Guitar hero and Tripping Icharus don't pay as well as the NFL. grin

In college I had a roommate who was half brothers with a NFL player who also played in the Big Ten. I haven't spoken to him about this incident. However talking with him over the years this is more of the G rated stuff that is said in the locker rooms compared to what is said and what he has heard.

Kluwe's story would hold a lot more water if every other team in the league didn't obviously think he sucks too.

Lol Big D I liked that no doubt, how would you like to be stuck on Gilligan's Island with sloughfoot Kluwe ? Remember the head hunters, after a day and a half with Kluwe I'd gladly place my head on a stump begging the head hunters to hack away heck I might find a shark bone and just start hacking myself by myself, the head hunters would be stunned......then they'd turn to Kluwe and after 5 minutes and 50 thousand words later they'd do the Gilligan, run as fast as they can, jump into the lagoon and swim away at warp speed, then again if Ginger and MaryAnn were there might want to bring those 2 with and the headhunters would grunt, why ears so red ? From holding our ears Kluwe never shuts up ! Then the final scene would have Kluwe punting coconuts or bananas clustered together with palm leaves holding them together and he'd still be yacking. Wish he was related to my squadron of uncles, they'd beat him like a rented mule.

So is this what this world is coming to? Your immediate superior (Preifer) says something you do not like and then you (Kluwe) blab it all over your bully pulpet social media versus saying something to your superior (Preifer), marching down to HR to talking to HIS superior (Frazier) and having a chat about it?

Consider the Vikings a private business. If something like this happened at your place of work, how would/should it have been handled? How would it look if an EX employee made accusations MONTHS after being dismissed about a conversation that supposedly happened months leading up to that dismissal?

I dont blame Kluwe for standing up for something he believes in. I have a significant problem with how he "announced" it. Why did he not say something to Preifer? Why did he not say something to Frazier/Spielman? Heck Ziggy? He obviously had a conversation with Ziggy where he seemed to support him.

The guy has a big mouth and is not afraid to speak his mind. What is puzzling to me is that in this instance he DID NOT speak his mind when it was the time to do so.

He is doing this now as retribution and a way to get publicity. Why else do you think he changed the footer on all his tweets to reference his band shortly after the Deadspin article? I heard he has added 20,000 new followers since yesterday. Hmmm.

You can drive drunk, have weed shipped to your house, choke a girlfriend, hang out with thugs that kill somebody(ray lewis), fight and kill dogs and still get a job in the NFL. Try that in the real world. Wait until Herandez gets off.

Kluwe is all about Kluwe. He loves attention. He's no different than RGIII or Peterson on the sidelines for the bowl games.

I honestly don't know who is right. I know that many of the players think Priefer is a stand up guy and a good coach. In reality, he might be just what Kluwe said and he probably should get blacklisted. However, if Kluwe is not telling the truth, he just tried ruining the livelihood of someone that was otherwise respected. After listening to the interview on KFAN and reading the article. I find myself questioning his mental stability. I certainly question his credibility and motive. For what it's worth, I don't hold a position on the argument, I am not for against any of it. I really don't care one way or another and don't have a dog in the fight so to speak.

As a side note: I never cared for Ben Leber as a player but after listening to the interview and how he conducts himself on KFAN, I have become a fan.

As a side note: I never cared for Ben Leber as a player but after listening to the interview and how he conducts himself on KFAN, I have become a fan.
Agreed!!! There are FEW people that have ever heard able to mince words with Kluwe. Though I only heard a short snippet of the interview Leber had him to the ropes and Kluwe's only quip was "who collected a paycheck from the NFL last year, you or me?" What a little punk!

and egos pumping each other up, pounding chests, smacking each other on the butts, punching each other in the chests

That sounds so.........fabulous.

and egos pumping each other up, pounding chests, smacking each other on the butts, punching each other in the chests

Quote:
Mauer: I Was Moved to First Base Because of My Stance on Milk

"I don't like skim milk. It's watery."

Controversy erupted in Twins Territory on Thursday, as Joe Mauer claimed he was moved from catcher to first base not due to concussions, but rather because of his long-standing public support of 2% milk as the "best milk" and skim milk as "the worst milk."

"I was a major league catcher until I was moved to first base by two cowards and an anti-2% milk bigot."

The All Star says the cowards are Ron Gardenhire and Terry Ryan, and the bigot is Scott Ullger.

"2% milk is my favorite milk," exclaimed Mauer in a conference call with reporters. "Skim milk is my least favorite. I don't think some people liked to hear that." The Twins have had a long-standing corporate partnership with the Kemps dairy company, which sells many varieties of milk, including skim, throughout the upper midwest.

Mauer, who has long been public about his pro-2% milk enthusiasm, said he can't prove that this was the reason for his position switch, "but I'm pretty confident it was."

More: Joe Mauer's Milk Power Rankings

"Gardy pulled me into his office last summer and asked if I was going to keep talking about how I liked 2% milk better than other milks, and I was like, yes, sir. I like milk," said Mauer. "Gardy responded that, 'a ball guy once told me there are two things you don't talk about in this business, and that's politics and dairy preferences.' I told him that I wasn't going to stop speaking my mind, and he said, 'If that's what you feel you have to do.' He didn't add an extraneous 'y' to my name or tell me to go battle my tail off, so I knew there was some tension there."

Mauer noted that Twins owner Jim Pohlad came up to him the next day to talk about going to the milk booth at the Minnesota State Fair. "Jim said he had a tall, ice-cold glass of 2%, and it was about the best thing he'd ever tasted. I was like, 'Duh.' We both laughed and he encouraged me to keep spreading the word."

The trouble escalated in August and September, according to Mauer, when bench coach Scott Ullger repeatedly made derogatory remarks about 2% milk and that the only true milk was "lean, low-fat, easy-drinking skim milk."

"I FELT VERY UNCOMFORTABLE DURING THESE CONVERSATIONS, BECAUSE SKIM MILK IS GROSS. IT'S TOO WATERY."

"He said it in a semi-joking tone, and I responded in kind, saying 'Hey, now' and stuff," said Mauer. "I felt very uncomfortable during these conversations, because skim milk is gross. It's too watery."

Mauer says the breaking point was a pitchers and catchers meeting in mid-September, when Ullger came up to the group and said, "We should round up all the 2% milk, send it to an island, and pasteurize it until it glows."

"Who says things like that? It's insane," said Mauer. "If anything should go, it's skim milk first and then that raw milk junk. Don't get me started on that flavored holiday milk garbage, pardon my French. Snickerdoodle milk? Geez Louise."

After the season ended, Mauer claims he received a text from Terry Ryan, asking him to "please fly under the radar please." Mauer continued to publicly express his preference for a thick-but-not-too-thick milk like 2%, while allowing that some may prefer whole or 1% types. "Whole or 1% aren't for me, but who am I to tell you those are wrong? Those choices don't affect me. But skim milk is a bunch of hooey."

Then, on Monday, November 11th, the Twins announced that Mauer would be moved from catcher to first base, to lessen the chance for another concussion like the one that ended his season on August 19th. Mauer appeared to go along with the move, but now, he said he needs to speak up about the real reason for the switch.

"My catching numbers were in line with my career numbers last season. I know the move means a lot less wear and tear on me and no more foul tips off my noggin, but I also know that $23 million a year for a first baseman who isn't a typical power threat is a lot of money. They could replace me at the drop of a hat now and say milk had nothing to do with it. But I know better than that."

Mauer was reminded that MLB contracts are guaranteed, unlike some other professional sports, like the NFL.

"Oh, never mind, then. Skim milk is still really bad, though. Why wouldn't you just drink water? I don't get it."

I think if Priefer was asked how he felt and that was his reply then BIG DEAL!! All the fanooks of the world can go and say whatever they want about him and he should take it in stride as well. This country is filled with pansies and cry babies. Time to toughen the skin a little bit.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if thats how Priefer feels then good for him. If Clueless doesnt like it tough $##t. If some people dont like homos and minorities it shouldnt be shoved down their throat.

If he did it in a derogatory intentional manner then I can see reprimanding him, but if he is sharing HIS opinion I could care less. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone make fun of Polish people I would be a rich fella.

Does anyone think he called the meeting and just started going off on all the homos of the world?? Maybe Clueless baited him.... Maybe it didnt happen, or maybe it happened way different then reported. I could really care less about Priefer, gays, or Clueless. Lets move onto something important like getting rid of Henderson.

If some people dont like homos and minorities it shouldnt be shoved down their throat.

Lately it's celebrated on these forums.

I think most people could care less about skin color or sexuality, but it gets really old when it keeps getting crammed down your throat. I encourage everyone to do whatever floats their boat within the parameters of the law (except wolves) just as long as they leave me alone.

I think most people could care less about skin color or sexuality, but it gets really old when it keeps getting crammed down your throat. I encourage everyone to do whatever floats their boat within the parameters of the law (except wolves) just as long as they leave me alone.

Crammed down your throat? How?