• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

World Jr's 2014

Bear55

Little late on this, for that that don't know this is a best of best under 20 tournament. Pretty much all the future NHL talent plays in this tournament.

USA vs Canada today at 10:30 - should be a good one.

US is 3-0 and looking good, Canada is 2-0-1 SOL and has looked a little sloppy, its anyones game.

Favs are Sweden, Russia, Canada and USA. Fins, Slovaks, Czechs, Swiss are a step behind the top teams. We have been good recently winning in 2010 and 2013 and a few medals in between. Canada use to dominate this thing but it has been a while since they have taken gold and I think the rest of the world is loving it!

2-1 Canada, scored on another power play. Team USA cannot continue to send guys to the box if they are going to have any chance to win.

3-1 Canada, another penality and another pp goal. Just about out of reach now unless they reall start to play better and no more guys to the box.

They have to stay out of the box or they have zero chance bear. Canada is to skilled of a team to go down 3-1 on pp goals.

Fun game, now onto the real stuff, win or go home time. 2nd seed will get a little harder draw but there are not a lot of easy games these days, have to beat the best to win it all.

Yep sounds like we took too many penalties. Didn't see the game but it sound like Russia (and this is common) got a little cocky at the end and did some taunting. On the empty net goal the Russian scorer skated by the US bench tooting his own horn and promptly took a stick to the face by one of the US players. Don't usually condone that kind of stuff but since its Russia and all I think I won't shed any tears over that one as it was just a love tap.

Despite the US losing this tournament ended really well, Canada and Russia lost in the semis and Finland came out of no where and beat a favored Sweden team on their home ice.

I wish I had seen some of the games, were any televised other than the streaming? I completely blew it and didnt look it up. Would have been fun to watch the Russia game, I heard it was brisk LOL

NHL.com was streaming the US games, they will probably continue to do that in the future. Canada dedicates about 3 networks to cover it up there so the NHL does their best to cover the US team.