• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dozer

Wheel house access

Dozer

Any resorts have a road for trucks with a wheel house yet?

Mike Dumas

I think Dundees has a road out to half moon. I'm not sure as to what they are allowing out but there plows are trucks so I'd assume they are. Give sandy a call and check it out

Ryan_V

From what I've seen, you can't get a truck and wheelhouse out yet. There are roads, but the problem is that you can't get off the road to set up, took much slush. Resorts will want you 100' off their road do you don't flood the roads

Mike Dumas

I'm going to imagine that it won't be long tho with this cold snap! And Sunday... Low of -23!! That oughta get a move on the freeze

river rat316

I think Lybacks had trucks with wheelhouses going out, I was watching the cam on Sunday and saw a couple going out, I would check with them or Hunters, they both had roads out

Ryan_V

Lybac says no to trucks with wheel houses yet, unless they can get off road. Check his blog. He also said that there isn't very much new ice under the snow yet, even with the cold. Mother nature is being a pain for the resort's this year, that's for sure!

river rat316

ok I lied, I just checked their website and it said no wheel houses yet, I am not understanding why they don't just flood the way, a trash pump auger and snowmobile and you could flood a road anywhere you want, flood the snow with water and it loses its insulation value and freezes almost immediately when it is this cold out, I watched them build an ice road across a river in canada doing this, they had the bridge open with 24" of ice when the surrounding river had 8-12" on it

elkrivermn

Feel free to fish Saskatchewan as there are a few roads they are letting trucks with wheel houses on.

Stick in Mud

I'm going to imagine that it won't be long tho with this cold snap! And Sunday... Low of -23!! That oughta get a move on the freeze

I bet you'd be surprised how *little* ice is being made, even with these cold conditions. frown

RiverChuckNorris

Barnacles

Crow Hunter

Are you sure about Barnacle's? As of two days ago the ice report on their website was that they only had a road to the rockpile and they were only letting wheelers and snowmobiles out.

river rat316

Brandts said they are letting 1/2 tons and wheel houses out but you have to pay extra to get a spot plowed out, they have to plow alot of snow off the ice so there is not a problem with flooding when you drill your holes. They are also only out to mile and a 1/4 right now

expl

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]