• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Cool Cats 2014***Cancelled***

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We usually get on fish if the weather isn't totally brutal. Someone is always out looking and once you get on them it's pretty good. If they're not where you think they are they are somewhere else. wink We had a few folks getting ready to move on and we had them relocate and it was game on. Not everyone moved and chose to wait them out. Sometime waiting pays off and sometimes it doesn't. Personally I don't like waiting. wink

Tom S and Tom H were both trading blows with the big cat last year. Mr Sawyer ended up with the big one though. Was a lot of fun watching one just a little bit bigger coming in shortly after a nice one was weighed in.

The usual early morning flurry just didn't materialize but a nice steady bite was there all day if you were on fish.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• Rick G

• harvey lee

• Horseshoe_Don

If I remember correctly there was a two way tie for largest cat going at 2.5 lbs. or so, until I brought the 5.5 or so pounder up for the win.

What is the prize list looking like for this year?

Well the blows were being traded up until then. smile

i will be there i'll be bring fish most likely. can't wait best event all year. just got back for duck and goose hunting in KS for 2 weeks time to do some ice fishing this weekend.

I am coming up on Friday afternoon and spending the weekend. If anyone else is around Friday, I will have my white ext cab chev and a black wheelhouse.

We could always have a little apple pie in the evening. The kind one drinks, not eats and it's a darn good home brew.

I have something that has been on the calendar for Feb 1 for a long time frown.... But I will lie, cheat or steal to make it at some point, hopefully before noon. This is always a great chance to see some old friends and make lots of new ones smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

might just have to pop by there Harvey. Apple pie is good ! wink

I have something that has been on the calendar for Feb 1 for a long time frown.... But I will lie, cheat or steal to make it at some point, hopefully before noon. This is always a great chance to see some old friends and make lots of new ones smile

I hope you can make it Rick. If it helps I'll write you a note. wink

might just have to pop by there Harvey. Apple pie is good ! wink

I will be there and will have plenty of that nectar of the God's.

This is one fo the highlight event's for me every ice season.

I hope you can make it Rick. If it helps I'll write you a note. wink

I will be there at some point smile A note from DR Borch couldn't hurt wink

i have a question. i have a fishing contest i go to every year with my family a tradition if you will. the soonest i could be there would be 4:00 in the afternoon is every one gone by then or should i just stay home thanks

I will be there at some point smile A note from DR Borch couldn't hurt wink

I'll get out my prescription pad and get you set up then. wink

As long as I get a note I can do the whole day, sun up-sun down grin

Under two weeks away, ice is in great shape smile and as long as we don't get anymore snow the road to the meth hole should be well packed down.

Lets hope for some nice warm weather and cooperative cats for Feb 1 grin

Don't look real good frown Someone tried to plow the access, but ended up plowing it shut, and not just a little... There is a pile about up to my chest blocking the bottom of the hill off 22, need a HUGE plow truck or an army of people with shovels and axes to break it open wink

If you could get onto the lake, I think you could make it to the Meth Hole, but would need a 4wd to do so. That nasty wind we had blew a whole mess of snow all over the South facing shorelines.

Sounds like the wheel house we will be staying home. Hope it gets better for the trucks too.

Geez, if the guy does not know how to plow, he should not have even tried. Fool's.

Maybe if everyone was willing , we could all throw in $5 and have someone plow it out if possible.

I wonder if we called the DNR or fisheries office for that area if they would clean the landing out, I do not know if they even do this but it maybe a option. If someone knows the CO's name for this area or the fisheries number, I would be willing to contact them.

It's not looking good at all guys. Stay tuned as I'll be making a decision by tomorrow with the input of those who are on the lake all the time.

It's possible we may need to reschedule cool cats.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

maybe go to pelican and call it coolnorskies... wink

Well now that the access is blocked, is there a resort owner with a plow that could make a go of it? Or Saturday morning I think everyone will have a shovel in their truck anyway, the party could start at the access.

As of last night the access is plowed open again, reported by Rick G., but lake travel remains tough. He advises 4x4 only with shovels and strong backs.

Guess I would have to stay home, bit short on the strong back dept. Now if someone could plow a road to the meth hole, than we could be good to go.

Lol, you guys are funny grin We would need a plow truck, like the ones that go down the Highway eek

Or..... a train! Note -- you only need to watch the first 30 seconds to get the idea here -- but my son and I might have watched the whole thing just because trains with plows seem to be pretty awesome.