• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The NFC North Champion Green Bay Packers

snoozebutton

Actually the game went exactly how it was supposed to San Fran was favored by two and a half to three and a half points and they won by 3.

I was a little surprised how san fran dominated the game and thought the 13th man "officials" would impact the out come more than they tried to do

If the game was called like the rest of the season, its 14 rip after 2 posessions and its over. But not gonna be called that way, its green bay.

I agree... Taking the Super Bowl runner up to the last play of the game is nicely done! I think they did better than anyone expected.... including myself.

Good luck!

Ken

So as Vikings fans we should be proud of this as well? I mean, we took the Falcons to OT, lost by a FG, they lost to Denver in the Superbowl. Lose to the eventual Superbowl runner up Giants 41-0 (granted not down the the last play, but we had a chance lol). Essentially had our shot at the end against the Saints and they won the Superbowl.

I guess I have been looking at this all wrong. At least, the packer fans have been telling me that all along, but now a Packer Backer is a glass half full type?

Oh the humanity. LOL

A 3-5 record at home the last decade has them grasping at straws just like the purple fans...

It was great to see a mobile QB take the game and use the conditions in his favor. Maybe the broken collarbone has #12 gunshy now??? He used to be able to break a play with his legs now and again.

So as Vikings fans we should be proud of this as well?

If you're a Vikings fan you should be proud of whatever you can grab on to:

Vikings lead the league in 4th quarter touchdowns during bath time...SKOLL!!!

Vikings lead the league in least points allowed during the first 48 seconds of play...SKOLL!!! (this is kind of fun-anyone else care to add to Vikings pride)

A loss to a Packer fan is a temporary setback that will be corrected.

A loss to a Vikings fan is a chronic/terminal condition; there may be remission, but there is no cure

Nice spin cap'n Muskie... Too bad I was talking about last years SB runner up... Who is still a contender this year. Not the last decade's worth of SB teams

But as a Vikings fan you can also add to your ridiculous list, that you tied the Packers this year. They too won the super bowl in that time frame, if it works into your thinking and makes this season all the more successful for your team. But I'm sure the only thrill a MN fan has to gloat about the loss of the Packers in the playoffs... God only knows you will never have anything to actually root for. Have fun... I am a realist. Never felt the Packers would go far... I see their deficiencies... I will come on here and rip them for not addressing them...

I rarely rip on the Vikings or their fans... As a buddy of mine said, it's like picking on the 6 year old neighbor girl! laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

That's the difference an elite QB makes on a team, it would of been a blood bath without A Rodge.

An "L" is an "L" no matter how you look at it. Its the D that lost it and won it. GB needed a LB to contain Kaepernick. Look what happened without it...

Colin-Kaepernick-San-Francisco-49ers.jpg

Looks like an Erin Henderson type effort...

Nice spin cap'n Muskie... Too bad I was talking about last years SB runner up... Who is still a contender this year. Not the last decade's worth of SB teams

But as a Vikings fan you can also add to your ridiculous list, that you tied the Packers this year. They too won the super bowl in that time frame, if it works into your thinking and makes this season all the more successful for your team. But I'm sure the only thrill a MN fan has to gloat about the loss of the Packers in the playoffs... God only knows you will never have anything to actually root for. Have fun... I am a realist. Never felt the Packers would go far... I see their deficiencies... I will come on here and rip them for not addressing them...

I rarely rip on the Vikings or their fans... As a buddy of mine said, it's like picking on the 6 year old neighbor girl! laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

No no no. You are taking it too far. All of those comparisons were from the same year, not historical, so they apply quite directly because they lost to either the Superbowl Champ OR runner up in those NFC playoff matchups, unlike YOUR comparison when you are talking about what a team did LAST year. San Fran hasnt done anything YET. Though, they just might.

Actually the game went exactly how it was supposed to San Fran was favored by two and a half to three and a half points and they won by 3.

I was a little surprised how san fran dominated the game and thought the 13th man "officials" would impact the out come more than they tried to do

No doubt. It was clear they tried to hand them the game on a silver platter but the fudge just couldn't take it.

There were a lot of no calls both ways. Especially the pass interference no calls. The contact was way early on quite a few of those balls. Good to see them have to fight for it though.

I agree... Taking the Super Bowl runner up to the last play of the game is nicely done! I think they did better than anyone expected.... including myself.

Good luck!

Ken

well then, the vikes tied the team that took the superbowl runner up to the last play of the game. they must have been way better that i thought!!! smile

Priceless! The packers got to lose to last years runner up twice this year. What are the chances of that? That should be added to the trophy case.

Priceless! The packers got to lose to last years runner up twice this year. What are the chances of that? That should be added to the trophy case.

Naaaa. We'll just add the North Div Champ trophy. Again. As usual.

An "L" is an "L" no matter how you look at it. Its the D that lost it and won it. GB needed a LB to contain Kaepernick. Look what happened without it...

Yeah the Fudge defense has more holes then Swiss Cheese.

Clay Mathews would of helped alot getting after Kaepy but he had a boo boo on his finger.

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again]

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again]

Y'all be careful now. Kluwe might read this and tweet some nasty retort... wink

Though, I s'pose it's nice you said "swiss cheese" there instead of say... "Jenna Jameson" when referring to how many holes something has.

In all seriousness why didn't Mathews play? Those guys play all the time with a hard cast on the hand what happened there.....

I wondered then same thing. Much like Rodgers taking a 3 week injury and stretching it 7 weeks. Seems there are plenty of primadonnas on this club.

Matthews re-broke his thumb against the Steelers requiring surgery. He had a soft cast then. Don't think you can play with a hard cast on the arm/hand. As for Rodgers delay, I don't think I'd support risking his career. Why would Packer mgmt want to risk becoming the Vikings?

I wondered then same thing. Much like Rodgers taking a 3 week injury and stretching it 7 weeks. Seems there are plenty of primadonnas on this club.

Broken Collarbone is a 6-8 week injury........

CJH what did you say to get your post removed? I've been wondering about you and your Clay Matthews Fathead!!

Fabio could of easily played with his boo boo, broken thumb is a broken thumb either way it needs surgery, take a shot tape it up put a cast on and play. Not like he would hurt the team any by looking at how the backups have been playing.

CJH what did you say to get your post removed? I've been wondering about you and your Clay Matthews Fathead!!

If i remember from yesterday he basically retyped the same thing you typed in the post that was edited in my quote, then advised you to stay classy.

Kluwe is on to you.

w-watch yoself.

If i remember from yesterday he basically retyped the same thing you typed in the post that was edited in my quote, then advised you to stay classy.

They just don't make em like they used to, must win game in the playoffs and a thumb holds you out.

Would of had a better chance winning with him, he'd have a way better chance of putting pressure on and containing Kaepy then the other schmucks club or not.

I disagree... totally ineffective with the club last time he tried. Could not do any moves on pass rush, or push off o-linesman, couldn't tackle, just plain not effective. Looked like a lot of the Viking LBs. laugh HA! Best thing was to shut him down and not tear it up anymore. Losing him was big... losing everyone else on D was equally as big. When you are down to third string LBs and safeties, it probably will not end up well. They need A LOT of help on the D side of the ball. Did anyone here Raji's name called in a play during that game? He semed about as effective as Matthews!

Good Luck!

Ken

I seem to remember one of the commentators saying that the injury Matthews had was in a place that if he reinjured it there was a potential it may not be able to be repaired and could result in him losing it. That was before he reinjured it.

Being a Vikings fan I enjoy seeing GB lose as much as anyone but I dont want a player getting permanently injured just to play a game.

I also applaud the Packers for stepping up and winning the division even with all the injuries. I respect the fact that they didnt mail it in.

Perhaps the key to Vikings success is in how you look at it. There does seem to be a certain consistency to the winning cultures that surround the Vikes.

full-36938-41209-packers3.jpg

full-36938-41210-bison.jpg

full-36938-41211-vikings.jpg