• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
masterpuppet

The red door

masterpuppet

Good morning all, I hope everyone is ready for the holidays becuase I am not!!!!! I just wanted to see what info you can give us about the The red door resort. We have a trip planned soon. We have rented from the south side of the lake with very mixed results so we are trying the north. What are you thoughts on the notrh vs the south part of the lake. I know Red Lake is a better fishery but the guys wanted to be closer to home. Thanks for the input and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

The Griz

Have stayed at the red door a few times, nice houses, run a good operation. First time I stayed we did really well in their house and didn't even go mobile, second time, very slow. Like every where else, if you want to get some fish, don't limit yourself to the house all day.

FLAG!!

I agree with the Griz 100%. I've been up there twice as well and have stayed in a really nice, spacious, comfortable shack both times (#13). First time we wacked em, second time was a lot slower. As far as accommodations and price go, it's a great choice. We're going again in a few weeks.

bassinboy3

How is the ice on that end of the lake?

Ryan_V

Ice on any end isn't good! I'm going with the warmth, things will settle, then the cold snap right after will lock things up!