• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearfishing - Where are you now?

MJ1657

Holy chandelier apparatus Batman!

That looks awesome, will it swim a spinner bait?

Hell it will swim an anchor. Merk built it remember!

Slow, slow, slow today. Seen 1 little one all day. We stood outside and cooked hot dogs and about froze. Good Times!

Pulled my house off of Green today and had to check twice to see if my ears were still attached as I thought they froze off.

Well im heading to waconia tommarow to but the house for rest of season..thinking of trying out on pilsbery or watever its calld lots of little sunnys and a weed line in 15 fow theres gota be some gators that come through out there

Slow?? We saw 11 pike yesterday. My wife speared a 10 and I speared a 7 and a 5. I left the spearhouse around 4 and proceeded to pound the walleyes half mile away on a midlake hump. Pretty good day!

Merk it says your not accepting PMs. My email is [email protected]. My brother in law and his wife are coming out that weekend, so I probably wont have room in my perm but if you guys bring all your own stuff it won't be a problem!

Slow, slow, slow today. Seen 1 little one all day. We stood outside and cooked hot dogs and about froze. Good Times!

That's one more fish than I saw. 8:30-3:30 = 1largemouth seen and a handful off small perch.

Very, very slow day...

Saw three today from 8 to noon, got a four pounder and a six pounder and would guess one about three pounds pull off on the way up

Merk it says your not accepting PMs. My email is [email protected]. My brother in law and his wife are coming out that weekend, so I probably wont have room in my perm but if you guys bring all your own stuff it won't be a problem!

We will bring all our stuff...

i am gonna bring the mule with tracks if there is too much snow up there...

my big question is how much ice you got up there?

-Merk

full-32630-42699-img_20140216_112058_540

Went out to my perm house this morning. Opened my decoy box and someone snuck this in it yesterday. Thanks Neighbor Guy!!

Hope it finds a spot in your collection. You guys seeing any fish over there? Been a little slow on this end of the weed line today. Took the dog along today, she's been better this time than she has in the past, no swimming today.

Thinking I'm going to pull my perm today in advance of the 6" snowfall they are predicting for tomorrow.

Was out on Peltier this afternoon with the wife and her tip-ups. If you catch the channel 5 news it is my darkhouse about 50 yards from where the Silverado and snowmobile trailer went through. The wife caught a couple of small ones and I got a 5 pounder. Saw ten other little ones. Family event next weekend so this was probably it for the season. Sigh.

My phone ended up on the bottom of the lake today. I was able to bring it back up with my magnet but as you can imagine its not working very well.

Oh well I guess it could have been worse I could have lost a nice decoy or something.

Well i fishing today witha pole up it ottertail county and and one point i lookd down my litle hole and had a northern swimming 2 foot under the ice man i wishing at that point i had my 24x48" hole. There were a couple shacks around but nobody around

Went out to the shack for a few hours today and it was slow. Mollie and Joe had the day off school so they came with. We were sitting there and all of a sudden they were hollering big fish! big fish! I've been seeing a couple carp lately that are probably in the 35 -40 pound range.

They cruised through on the bottom.

Took vacation this week, hoping to get out every day, I'll be out on big watab hoping for that tirty pounder. I was out today and saw several, a couple nice ones I watched. It was entertaining at any rate. There was about a 4 pounder that camein early, followed by a real tiny one right off the bottom. Later, pretty sure the same two, the big one smoked my fake decoy, swam off, and the little guy shot in right after it again, I think it was hoping for scraps or something, lol! It was pretty dark so no pics unfortunately. Cant wait for tomorrow

Me, Archery Sniper and Merk are headed to Deep Portage tomorrow. Were going to a BOW (Becoming an outdoor woman) event for the weekend. We're teaching a class on Dark house spearing on Saturday and Sunday. We did the same thing last year. You never seen so many people that were excited to saw ice. Where are these people the rest of the year??? eek

Good luck guys my season ended last Saturday busy this weekend and then add in the snow we got 2013-14 is in the books for me smile

Good Luck guys my season ended at the Get To Gator. Got home and found out Sunday morning that my Dad had heart attack. I have been in Duluth at St Mary's since then. We got him back to the cities yesterday just as the rain switched to snow then this afternoon I am taking him to the U of M heart clinic to schedule heart bypass or do it today do not know yet very nerve racking. I will post the venison marinade when I can. Glad my perm is off

Mwal

Hey Mwal I went thru all that same stuff with my dad in '91 when he had a serious heart attack at age 55.

He's 77 now and still enjoying life. Good luck to you and your family in the coming days.

Good Luck guys my season ended at the Get To Gator. Got home and found out Sunday morning that my Dad had heart attack. I have been in Duluth at St Mary's since then. We got him back to the cities yesterday just as the rain switched to snow then this afternoon I am taking him to the U of M heart clinic to schedule heart bypass or do it today do not know yet very nerve racking. I will post the venison marinade when I can. Glad my perm is off

Mwal

Prayers sent mwal, I hope all goes well with your dad.

I to have had the same type of stuff with my father in the past two years, so I know what your going thrugh.

• The title was changed to Spearfishing - Where are you now?