• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearfishing - Where are you now?

MJ1657

You guys should have seen the size of the bees that took after my shack!!! They chewed a hole right through the aluminum siding!!! Perfectly round too...

Not only that, but they did it in both sides of the shack in almost the same spot!!!

1D8B5023-3D79-460A-BEDA-B39DD55C79C9.jpg

So I stuffed a vent cap into it.

1BE9630C-F2C1-42C3-B64B-BB68ECF1867B.jpg

Is it time to fish yet???

I just finished up knurling a spear handle for a guy from Illinois. After I do a little clean up work and a bit of polishing I will post a few pics of it.

Spent the weekend working at the hunting shack & fishing Farm Island, found enough hammer handles to keep us busy. Nothing big though, couple walleyes here and there but nothing too exciting. The bass also eluded me. Amazing to see the trees change this weekend. Every morning the colors seemed to change.

Took a load with the big truck to Idaho Falls, ID this week. Got to drive thru the west side of Yellowstone which is always fun. Sitting in northern Wyoming now waiting to get loaded so I can run home.

full-32630-49435-img_20140923_102403_121

Neighbor Guy,

Those bees are amazingly accurate. I to used those same plugs to stop them from colonizing the shack. I also plugged one down low near the heater. THe bee's really make Oxygen exchange a top priority. LMAO At least I never feel dry eyes or get headaches in the shack.

Mwal

I put those vents in my houses. I don't like how much light they let in so I put one on the inside as well that the vents face up.

My spear shack I started over 2 years ago should hopefully be done next week haha my buddy is finishing it up for me by putting some siding on it. After the winter we had last year I don't even know if I want it now laugh. Also just placed an order for a couple new dekes.

full-32630-49563-img_20140927_183503_951

Trying to finish up a deer stand. Need to get glue for the rubber roofing and for Mollie to get done with church so we can get it done.

Well I went to pick up what I thought was a Fatfish 949I this am for a sweet deal but when I went to pick it up it was just the normal 949 even after asking to double check it was the insulated version because he pictures were poor, gotta love the old list

Well I went to pick up what I thought was a Fatfish 949I this am for a sweet deal but when I went to pick it up it was just the normal 949 even after asking to double check it was the insulated version because he pictures were poor, gotta love the old list

That stinks.

That reminds me to get mine out and have a canvas place to make a new bag for it. They are a nightmare to get in the bag when its real cold out.

I was not a happy person wasted 2 hours of driving, on a positive side I sold my quickfish and my auger today so I get to go shopping and buy new stuff.

full-32630-49577-img_20140928_180653_861

full-32630-49578-img_20140928_180635_256

Everything was going good today until I found out the piece of rubber roofing I have is 2" to short. I'll have to buy a new roll.

Looks nice MJ and I think I would cut two inches off the roof rather than buy more roofing but that's just me wink

I thought about that. I'm thinking about building a small light one person shack for early season spearing one of these days. I would need some for that anyway I guess. I was just disappointed I didn't get the deer stand done yesterday.

ended up finding another fatfish on the list today got a sweet deal on it, bring on the ice

You're going to like it. My only real complaint is I wish the window covers sealed tighter to keep more light out. Windows are velcroed in so I'm going to take them out and have some made out of black material.

I bet bowhunt could sew you some nice windows I hear hes a pretty good at sewing laugh

He'd have it sealed up so tight I'd pass out and fall in the hole......

Got the new floor built tonight had a bunch of scrap lumber laying around so I was able to make this one for about $10. Picked up some PVC going to try hanging my decoy lines off of that this year instead of the ceiling, should also be able to mount my GoPro on there also. Looks like I'm not the only one who is ready for spearing full-17060-49967-img_0441.jpg

Sorry MJ, no sewing this year...I am working on remodeling our main bathroom. I am planning on getting a FatFish sooner or later, so when that happens I might have to pull out the sewing machine again.

We need the weather to turn a little colder so I can get spearing thoughts going through my head.

I've been doing a little goose hunting and lots of deer stand building. Calling a canvas guy next week to see about getting a bag made for my Fatfish. I'm tired of trying to force it in the bag it came in.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working a lot!!! Early start times and long days getting a couple new guys trained in to take the swing and second shifts. Then dealing with construction issues on the weekends. Hard to shoot ducks with the phone in your hand, but it starts ringing about 5am and goes until a little after 10pm 7days/week.

I am ready for the ICE!!! There is no better way to relax than looking down the hole at 8-12' of clear water and fish looking at the decoys wink

• The title was changed to Spearfishing - Where are you now?