• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Greenhornet84

Why so quiet?

Greenhornet84

What's going on up there this used to be one of the most active forums on this site. No one ever even gave a walk out report. Lots of guys fishing in western mn with up to 15 inches of ice. Can't wait to get back up to the big pond and do some fishing. From the sounds of it you won't have to work too hard to get away from the crowds!

Ryan_V

Sounds like pretty tough conditions up there. The resorts are working hard to make things better so they can pull houses, get their rentals out and make it easier to travel. Still early yet. Give them time, they'll make it happen!

sportfish

I said the same thing last year , no one wants to talk on here . A good ice condition post would be nice . We don't need ur gps location Lol

GSP4ME

usually means one of two things either really good or really bad. I am passing by and heading on up to LOW

maros91

I tried booking a perch trip with Roach last March and got no answer. I also haven't seen a report from Hawthorne but see he's at URL. I guess fishing must be too good at other places to try Mille Lacs.

fish_hunt_guy

Ya its been real quiet all the snow really messed things up on Mille Lacs. Havent seen hardly anyone out there. I dont mind it though the less competition the better espically being that Mille usually get fished pretty hard in the winter.

Stick in Mud

I don't think many people are fishing it. There are dangerously variable amounts of ice in some places, and there's a ton of snow and slush everywhere, so if you want to head out, you need a snowmobile.

And for those who are getting out, I've heard that the bite has been pretty slow (or maybe "normal" after the insane last few years we've had out there). The (small) perch are back, the 'eyes are super fat...It might be one of those years.

Oh yeah, and it's been insanely cold.

fatfinger

I hear some places are staging some hooses, eh. 10" of ice in the bays on south end.at least the cold weather is helping. A couple buddies did well with some pike on tip ups out of isle bay yesterday.I didn't get any details. We're in rough shape up here around Duluth. Hope to be out there new years.

leech~~

I tried booking a perch trip with Roach last March and got no answer. I also haven't seen a report from Hawthorne but see he's at URL. I guess fishing must be too good at other places to try Mille Lacs.

To bad you weren't at the BP Fleet Farm today. You could have talked to Roach your self as he was there selling ice gear! wink

willyfahey

What's going on up there this used to be one of the most active forums on this site. No one ever even gave a walk out report. Lots of guys fishing in western mn with up to 15 inches of ice. Can't wait to get back up to the big pond and do some fishing. From the sounds of it you won't have to work too hard to get away from the crowds!

SHHHH. You don't want to wake the beast.

I am going up today for the weekend and I'll report what I find. It sounds like things have improved with the ice conditions.

TRZ II

Heavy snow, bad ice, cold temps, No perch, small slot, can't keep perfect eaters 14"-17". What else can I say.....I will be on the pond alot once it is ready but I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully this class of small perch will survive once these hogs leave the system and this good class of walleye can make it through the nets. 2c

kgpcr4

YUP poor perch fishing. Small slot. Makes its so its just not worth it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Muskyhunter73
      Found the walleyes during the afternoon today. Wind blown rock reef. 8 feet of water. Bobber and leech. All the walleyes had perch minnows in their bellies. We caught 11 and kept our 8. The one pictured was 23 inches.
    • smurfy
      Just got back from another 5 days. Fishing was ok. Little more warm as and humid then I like but survived. Skeeters weren't real bad but the deerflies are getting to be real annoying.
    • Kettle
      Selling my Vexilar FL-12, new ice ducer two years ago and new battery two years ago. Has battery indicator as well as quick connect charger although I've charged with gator clips. $225.00. Works as it should, finally finished school so upgrading. PM me if intrested
    • rayguy
      Well here is my two cents.  Have done a lot of fishing and not much catching.  Been very windy and now feels like a oven so its a hard bite. Walleyes we have caught have been fairly shallow.  Most on live bait but a couple on shad raps.  No real pattern ,  one here and one there. Bass are more active.  Morning has been good for them.  The past weekend I think its the most pontoons and wake boats I have ever seen on Whitefish.  Big fishfly hatch the last few days. This weekend you better get up early cause the armada forms about 10:00 am.  One strange thing is we still have sunnies on nests around our dock.  Very late for that.  So guys keep your eyes open as there are some crazies out there buzzing around.  Happy fourth!
    • Rick
      Awesome report. Thanks!
    • Joe
      The Leech Lake walleyes are on the move and our guides have been chasing them! With a recent fly hatch and some heat moving in this week has been a grind but we are still finding limits. A few keys to putting fish in the boat have been the location, the presentation and the wind.   Most of our fish have been on Sucker bay and the main lake. Duck point, Ottertail point and Stoney point have all been good and putting out fish. We have been focusing on the 11-14 feet of water and covering ground has been important. Both Duck and Ottertail points have nice break lines that top out around 8 and bottom at 20, which, is what we have been focusing on. Try to run your boat along the break line and make note of where the fish tend to be. If they are on the top of the break fish there and likewise for the deeper water.   Our presentation of choice, when the wind allows it, has been bottom bouncers with spinners. Gold, pink and white, and green have all been getting the Leech Lake walleye guide fish in the boat. Try to run these at 1.3-1.8 mph with just enough line out to “bounce off the bottom.”   The wind has been a nice advantage the past few days. Use the wind to push your boat along the desired path for a nice easy drift. As stated above the places we have been focusing on are actually in the same area but with different layouts. this allows you to make sure you are fishing in the waves and not in flat calm water. As you may know, leech is very clear so on a flat calm and sunny day it can be tough. Find the waves and find the action.   We do still have some openings for July yet. Give us a call to see what we have open. https://leechlakeguideservice.com Dennis Carlson with his Biggest walleye 27 inches. Caught on a green spinner rig
    • DonBo
      There are sturgeon in all parts of the river, but Stillwater to Bayport is really gonna be your best shot at catching one.  Especially right around the Excell Energy plant.  Good luck.
    • gimruis
      I used to fish right below the Grays Bay dam on Lake Minnetonka when I was kid.  We caught all kinds of fish there.  I often wondered if a guy could start there and float further down on Minnehaha Creek in a kayak.  It sounds like its quite possible, especially after a good rain like we just received.  Might be worth a try.
    • Muskyhunter73
      I mostly fished muskies today. Had two hit this morning. Finally saw a fish on the rocks tonight. Heard of one 51 incher caught tonight. 
    • Muskies
      Thought I would go for a cast after supper...able to fish around reef point area for an hour using pop-r’s(by request from smalljaw)...lots of active smallies...here is a sample...all put back to their beds....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.