• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I spent a week with a friend during the middle of January last year and I was interested in fishing these lakes. I noticed there were no houses on the lake and did not see tire tracks from the public access. Is there issues with these lakes that make vehicle traffic dangerous on these lakes? I am planning on being up there again this winter and would appreciate any cautions on areas that might be a problem driving a truck on the lakes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm around there in the summer(Sand) & I would recommend calling Jessie View Resort.They are on Co. road 35 on the north end of the lake.They used to post here once in a while but I haven't seen a post from them in some time.I seen a recent post about Bowstring & it said 1 of the resort owners on Co. road 35 said there was nobody fishing because it was so difficult to travel.

Big Jesse ice is basically the same over the lake,don't know about this year with the snow condtitions.Its access on the south end of the lake is plowed all season by persons with houses in front of the access. Little Jessie access is not plow anymore unless there is someone fishing it that puts a house out and of course has a plow. Little Jessie is a deeper lake with springs. I have always treated it with respect,used 4 wheeler at time and drove truck around north end mainly by access with right ice conditions, but this year with snow conditons would be different story.

Thank you for the posts. Last year in January I did not see a house on either lake and saw no tires going out from the landing. I will use caution this January using guide lines posted on this thread. Hoping to be up there mid January

I can tell you my experience from the weekend of dec 15th. we where on a small lake about 5 miles north of Jessie. NOW I cant speak of Jessie but I can tell you that the amount of snow and water on top of the ice is terrible. I would venture a safe bet there will be no vehicle traffic on the lakes up there this ice season. your only means of travel in mu opinion is a snowmobile and if you get hung up in that slush your going to be in for some real fun trying to get out. I have no desire unfortunately to head up there again until things improve.

This seems to be happening in this area almost every year. Two years ago was the same thing. Sink in the snow then find slush. I was planning on doing my normal mid January trip but will re consider. Might head up to LOTW or just stay here in the cities. We have almost 20 inches of good ice.

Was on Jessie last weekend, 14" of ice but only about 8" of clear ice, the rest looks to be frozen slush. Didn't see a single vehicle on the ice, saw some sleds and an atv with trax. Slush towards shore, a lot of snow around in the woods. I didn't move around much so I'm only giving out lake conditions for a small area. I scanned the lake and probably saw close to a dozen portables out with a few spear shacks as well.

At the time the local bait shop was advising against driving vehicles out on the area lakes just yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on the ice conditions up here? Planning on making a trip in 2 weeks from today and trying to figure out which lake to hit for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

We fished on Big Jessie Feb. 3rd & 4th. Loons Landing Resort on the East side has a plowed road and 2 rental houses. No slush but off road travel would be tough with a vehicle. Maybe with 2 rigs like we used to do on Red. Fishing was just fair. Really cold. It looked like some may be going on at the public access? Stan C.