• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HS Football

DrJuice1980

Juice you do understand that maxpreps is only as accurate as the coaches reporting results right? Dig around there a little bit and you will see that many schools, most of which are outstate have no results reported or if they do its from games where they matched up against a team that did report them.

So Hutch has had a run the last couple seasons I can assure you that after next year it will be slim pickings. Its not like they have been destroying the competition for 15 years. Man get over it you act like someone just kicked your dam dog.

My use of Roseau was to instill a point that football is important in hutch and it starts at a young age which you clearly took out of context since there are only two classes in hockey not 6 like football. The school where my kids go to school couldn't pass out water bottles to the players from hutch or brainerd or Eden prairie.

Obviously you're the one that sports the sunflower seed shell as a nutcup being you got off on how sweat your alma mater was beating a team 49-7. Victories like that over an under matched opponent hide what's really under those BVD's. What did I take out of context again? Your point was the football in Hutch is like hockey in Roseau right? Well Roseau took the high road and plays AA, what about Hutch? So max preps has it wrong? The scores that are posted are inaccurate? I don't think so and go ahead and take out the national ranking, still #2 in state and play in 4A when there's 6 classes. Pretty sad. Go ahead though and get your jolly's off on that one bud, don't take much to excite you now does it?

Jumbo, I hear you on those other programs but we're talking about Hutch football thinking how great they are beating lesser opponents by an average of 4+ TD's. It's time to step up to the next class obviously.

Hopefully I provided more insight then justifying their class rank by the weight of a nose tackle. Ha! Booya boiy!

Since when are schools allowed to "play-up" in football? Hutch is playing in the class their enrollment slots them in.

Since when are schools allowed to "play-up" in football? Hutch is playing in the class their enrollment slots them in.

Since juice said they should. I don't know of 1 school that plays up a class.

Wow, I feel completely ashamed for sharing similar insights with this juice character as it relates to vikings issues. He may have some idea there but completely lacks reality when it comes to HS football.

Could they play or beat 5A teams? Probably. So, juice oh wise one where does it end? So "Hutch" plays 5A this year and knows they have a crappy team next year then what? They have had two great years in a row that's it. Are you from Glencoe or something? Lol

If the nose tackle is below 150 then they're 4A, right? When does it stop? When schools like Hutch stop pressuring the mshsl to make more classes so their schools can win more. Did you know that class A and AA are split and there's no difference in regards to enrollment? If Roseau can choose to play up in hockey then I am sure the same can go for other sports. And to your question of having a crappy team? Well that just the attitude I'd expect from a program that doesn't teach core values and the only thing that matters is a "W". 67-7, 49-7 enough said. And those aren't the only 2 titles or the only state appearances. Come on man, what are you trying to hang onto here, demolishing lesser opponents?

Since juice said they should. I don't know of 1 school that plays up a class.

Totino Grace moved up it was there choice also

Juice, I know how many titles they have and how many state appearances (21). They only have 2 championshios in the last 20 plus years. You act like they have been winning it every year. Good lord do you look like a fool.

In hockey you can "opt up" to AA but there is definitely a difference. Warroad plays A why not get all up in their jock about playing there?

You are confusing my "culture" as in kids choosing to play hockey in those towns (hutch its football) as some correlation to this argument of bumping up in class in football which it doesn't.

The fact of the matter is football is a way of life in hutch much like hockey is in warroad or Roseau. The coaching staff is involved in youth programs and that is what makes the difference.

Go back to getting all up in eden prairie's jock and you might get more support.

And yes, the nose tackle weighs 147#. Outweighed by 220# by the center on holy angels. It isn't about size its technique and execution. If hutch had 300# kids at their disposal they could beat the vikings lol

Guys, relax. Good on Hutch for winning. It's been almost a decade since Lydon Murtha and Nate Swift had Hutch in a prep bowl then headed off for Nebraska. It's not as if they were cleaning everyone's clocks for a decade. This wasn't UCLA basketball under Wooden. Eden Prairie just got a 3 peat, Hutch repeated. Let's see if they do it again - it's not so easy. Hutch plays in a brutally tough Wright County Conference. Very difficult to beat Delano, Holy Family, Glencoe-Silver Lake, New London-Spicer. Those four teams have racked up a lot of titles in the last 20 years.

Guys, relax. Good on Hutch for winning. It's been almost a decade since Lydon Murtha and Nate Swift had Hutch in a prep bowl then headed off for Nebraska.

exactly and those teams (arguably better than the last two years) were destroyed in the prep bowl.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

From the Brainerd Dispatch:

The top-ranked Owatonna Huskies’ defense was as good as advertised Saturday night in the state championship game at the Metrodome. The unbeaten Huskies restricted Brainerd to 186 total yards and captured the 5A State Championship with a 24-0 victory over the Warriors.

Congratulations Owatonna Huskies smile

From the Brainerd Dispatch:

The top-ranked Owatonna Huskies’ defense was as good as advertised Saturday night in the state championship game at the Metrodome. The unbeaten Huskies restricted Brainerd to 186 total yards and captured the 5A State Championship with a 24-0 victory over the Warriors.

Congratulations Owatonna Huskies smile

Sounds like it was no contest for Owatonna, maybe they should move up to 6A. Right, Juice? Obviously any team that wins their 1 championship game convincingly should move up a class. crazy

Mrklean, Is that for football or just hockey?

I meant football.

Football they have lost to Eden Prairie the past two years in the semis

Big Dave, 24-0 is a whole heck of a lot different than 68-7 and 49-7. Owatonna did play with the big boys not too long ago. And Da_chise, that conference is a true 4A class, give me a break. Were they really tough wins when they came by an average of around 20-30 points? you're correct, they hadn't won it as many times as UCLA but 5A was put in 2 years ago and look what's happened since. Why can't any of you guys see this?