• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HS Football

DrJuice1980

Is there anybody outside EP or an EP alum that wants to see this team win? I hope Rosemount just takes it to them with disciplined fundamental football. EP is a joke, Mike Grant is the biggest D-B out there, plays so many mind games with the refs and opposition. I remember playing them back in the day and he sent the refs into our locker room before kick off to measure our cleats to make sure they were legal length. Nobody was wearing any but it was just a mind game. This guy is a gutless turd. That school is like a college campus, they have got to have the highest enrollment of all state high schools and have refused to split up. I hope they get a heavy dose of dive and power. Go Irish!

That's interesting.

I'm going to the dome to watch Hutchinson play today. I would like to stay and watch E.P. play but I know there is no way my wife will stay for another game.

I could care less about EP as far as I'm concerned they are a private school with their "recruits".

My alma mater will be going for a repeat. Hopefully Andy has the kids playing like his old man Grady did.

What a blowhard that big Dave is day after day.

That game was over before holy angels got out of their limos.

Watch Grant just work over the officials, and they just suck into his game. What a fat bass-turd. Can I see #9's birth certificate?

What a blowhard that big Dave is day after day.

That game was over before holy angels got out of their limos.

What?????

I thought you were a Hutchinson fan? I'm pretty sure I just gave your football conference a compliment. I know Glencoe is in that conference and so is Waconia and Holy Family. I think it is the toughest conference in the state, I guess you don't agree??????

A compliment from big Dave is equal to a four leaf clover neither come around very often.

Belle plaine is certainly a hotbed for football right? All they can hang their hat on is some kid who left at a young age to become a supercross star.21 appearances in the state tournament and 18 in the prep bowl, I'm quite sure Hutchinson has nothing to prove in high school football.

A compliment from big Dave is equal to a four leaf clover neither come around very often.

Belle plaine is certainly a hotbed for football right? All they can hang their hat on is some kid who left at a young age to become a supercross star.21 appearances in the state tournament and 18 in the prep bowl, I'm quite sure Hutchinson has nothing to prove in high school football.

You sir, are a first class Richard.

Wow two compliments in one night? Are you feeling OK? To ever think someone would take you seriously ever is a bigger surprise than some back handed compliment you could ever pay.

6 classes plus 9-man is a bit much. It seems to be the same teams most years too. There should be 3 plus 9-man. Too much politics for that though. I get it that these kids work really hard and all but isn't that what playing any sport is about anyways? Hutch in 4A is pretty rediculous. Can you really feel that great if you've won your last 2 titles by like 90 points? Doesn't seem too fair if you ask me.

What difference does it make how many points you win byin regards to what class they are in? Hutch was on tthe opposite end of a few games like that over the years too namely totino. Its by size of their school and obviously a school the size of Caledonia isnt going to compete against the likes of eden prairie. Its all about the programs. When I was in HS everyone played football in hutch. Its like hockey to Roseau or Warroad. We have had players lining sideline to sideline from the 50 yard line and on every 10 yards through the end zone for warmups. Hutch couldn't compete against eden prairie or other big schools. The entire defensive line was under 200 pounds with the nose tackle being only 147#. Yet it took two guys most of the time to slow him down.

They certainly could do all games in one day. That's his they always used to do it.

Hutch in 4A is pretty rediculous.

Just curious, why do you think Hutchinson should not be in 4A?

Hutch and Owatonna have always had really strong football programs dating back to at least the mid-80's...congrats to them both.

Why should they not be in 4A? Umm maybe because they won their last 2 state titles by a combined total of like 90 points. You shouldn't need to look that deep into it, it is what is it. Sorry but Hutch is no tiny town either, it like 15k or right around there. Should be 5A for sure. Yeah they're a good team, they should want to play tougher competition, I guess winning is more important than who you beat though.

Go ahead Captain, sure be happy with the win, isn't a title game suppose to be some what of a challenge though? Hoisting up that plaque and trophy is like me going to a trout stocking pond and posting some pics here and then giving a report on how much I had them biting.

Complete joke if you ask me.

Juice it isn't the size of the town its the class size in the high school. Hutch is an "old" community in that the population is dominated by older folks.

So just because they have a good team now and handily beat teams they need to go play in 5A? Get real. I assure you this run will end soon. Becker almost beat them earlier this year.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard.

For the record I could really care less if hutch won. I have no ties to the team or the town anymore.

Drjuice. Winning is more important than anything else. Thats the way all sports work now. It'll never change.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard.

Is it really? Is it more rediculous than winning back to back state titles, 68-7 and 49-7? Get real man, they are in control of what class they want to be in, just like your Roseau hockey comment. Roseau is AA. Why? Because they except the challenge, same with GR. And just to inform you, Brainerds pop. Is about the same as Hutch and could also be considered an "older" community as well. I think Hutch could take them and Owatonna would be a great match up. Instead they want to beat a team by 7+ TDs, pathetic. Step up to the challenge, that coach sure seems like he thinks he's the deal, show it then. He has no class by the way, who racks up the score like that, let alone in a title game? What a db.

Your argument looks pretty rediculous now.

Drjuice. Winning is more important than anything else. Thats the way all sports work now. It'll never change.

That's an idea created by a coach (high school level) with limited values. Building character, building confidence, being rewarded for hard work, trust, honor, class, those are all things that should come with sports at this level not winning is everything. Winning will come with all of those things, even if you don't "win it all." Stopping a team 49-7 and 68-7 continuing to play starters well into the 4th quarter just proved you're a classless chode who only cares about winning. If the highlight of your life is winning a state title in class 4A football then you got things wrong and it starts at the top. I'm not taking anything away from the hard work these boys put in, congrats, it obviously paid off and good for you. Not your fault you weren't matched up against a worthy opponent. It seemed as easy as playing a 4yr old in chess though.

Brainerd hs enrollment - 2200

Hutchinson hs enrollment - 900

Edina HS: 2400

Roseau: 370

mmmm, I don't think size matters all that much. Bottom line, look in the mirror at who you are and who you should be playing and what you stand for. Roseau does it right, Hutch does it wrong.

Max preps has them ranked #260 nationally and #2 in the state. Yup, they're a 4A team. But wait, their nose weighed in at a Buck 40 and their line weighed no more than 200 so they're a 4A team. Got any more evidence Captain?

Clearly drjuice you have lots of passion on this issue. I agree there are many issues in sport. Not sure why you have it out for hutchinson so much. Hutch has good sports programs, schools and public support. Hutch technologies and 3m bring a lot of money there and it shows in there schools and programs. I can't find much fault there.

If your going to go after anyone, go after apple valley wrestling, edin prarie football or private schools.