• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bad Temp Gauge???

kjgmh

Question

I have a 2000 Carvelle Fish and Ski with a 4.3L I/O MercCruiser, and last year my Temp gauge stopped working. Most of the time it doesn't even move as the motor warms up, every once in a while it would move a little as the motor warms, once it even registered the correct operating temp. Could this be a problem with the gauge? Is there a sending unit of some type on the motor itself that could be the problem? Or Something else? I would like to fix it before hitting Pool 4 when the weather warms a little..

Thanks,

Muskieguy.....

2 answers to this question

I have a 2000 Carvelle Fish and Ski with a 4.3L I/O MercCruiser, and last year my Temp gauge stopped working. Most of the time it doesn't even move as the motor warms up, every once in a while it would move a little as the motor warms, once it even registered the correct operating temp. Could this be a problem with the gauge? Is there a sending unit of some type on the motor itself that could be the problem? Or Something else? I would like to fix it before hitting Pool 4 when the weather warms a little..

Thanks,

Muskieguy.....