• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Deer Lure & X rated ad???

leechlake

Question

I don't know where to post this, but here goes. I was enjoying my new Minnesota Sportsman magazine last night, the March issue. After reading a few articles I browsed through the pages starting at the beginning. WHAT!!! There in the first ten pages was an add I couldn't believe. For those of you without the magazine here's what you'll see. Two page add, like a centerfold add, A huge buck mounting a doe, actually he's in the act from what I can see. The add copy reads, "she stands, he attempt to breed, we bottle it." It also says "the chase ends...when the doe stands."

No thanks, I'll pass on this "lure". Frankly, I can't even tell you what it is, I don't think it's from the buck, I think it's from the doe, I must be too naive to undertstand. Frankly, I think the add is too much for me to want to see in a sporting magazine, what do you think, especially if you've seen the ad? I'm no puritan but this one caught me off guard to say the least.

5 answers to this question

Leech,
I agree.
Sex sells....but I don't need it to sell hunting and I certainly didn't need to see that in my magazine.

are you kidding me?, what is this?. i guess i can't have an opinion. if you don't like the dang ad don't stare at it. by you getting in a bunch about it you just gave them lots more advertisment.......just the type of thing they wanted.

[This message has been edited by joshb (edited 02-18-2004).]

I saw it too. Dumb. Perhaps the people who buy this stuff like that sort of thing. Would it be unsportsmanlike to shoot that buck while he's "doing his business"? (that might be an idea for a T.V. commercial)