• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
GravelBar

Ice Fishing Has Started

GravelBar

2:39pm a portable house and a 4 wheeler out of Chapmans Resort in Isle Bay.

mrklean

4 wheeler on the ice already?

GravelBar

3:20. Just pulled off the ice. No fun fishing when you are worrying about going down.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• TomWehler
      Guy drives up to the Marauder Boys n me on dock. Big new Ranger full up with toys.  “Yea hey...you live here?   Ya.  This is my place...my boyz...   ”Ya so just learning this rig an easy wondering if you Know where Northern or Pike Bay is”   We sure could....says me Musky T   After a minute “So you gonna tell me or what?”   Ohhhh ...you asked if I knew where that place is... an I do.   So guess you ment can I help YOU find it. You bet I can...   ”Well geeezz man no games here just where is it”   Well friend Yer In It sir.    North be that a way n sun sets in the West.   Keep on rocken!   Zoom.   They gone... 😎 Xena is always on guard n We Got This Corona Crap Under Control!!!   Enjoy they day n Tacos tonight!   T         
    • Fish Head
      It sounds like we're making progress. 
    • Grainbelt
      Fishing with Luiza, Fishing with Vicky Stark, Jackie Shea, Kelly young.  Come on guys get real.
    • Rick G
      Starting to see some slabs moving shallow
    • Rick G
      Well you have a few questions... lets get started😁 Rods... like bass or walleye or anything else that swims,  you may or may not be able to do it all with one pole,  more than one.  I use a couple different types, depending on what's working. I like a long one for fishing floats, to make those long casts. For this I chose a 7 1/2 ft, moderate action, light power.  For throwing those 1/32 -1/16oz jigs without a float I use a 6 1/2 ft ultra light, fast action... much like a light walleye rod.  A little later in the summer  and into fall, vertical jigging 4-5 mm tungsten jigs comes to life. I use a shorter rod, sometimes even an ice rod for this approach. Your line selection should match your jig size and rod type. Most of the time I will spool up with 4lb Trilene xl,  If I'm fishing water with a lot of pike, I will bump up to 6, but generally go as light as you can get by with, just like ice fishing. I find myself using plastics about 90% of the time now days. Some of favorites are Impulse 1in minnows and minnow fry, Gulp whiptails, and lil hustler 1inch tubes. Most of the time Im pairing these plastics with a 1/60 or 1/32 lead head jig. I like a little slower fall rate when fishing early  panfish... later in the season, when the fish move deeper, switching  to a little heavier weight jigs will do a better job.
    • lakesareaoutdoors
      Haha I knew putting in peeps in the video would set some people off! haha you love them our you hate them! Thanks for the views guys! 
    • tbetts1000
      I was just out on Daisy Bay and there is 9-10” of clear ice with 5-6” of very wet slush on top. Last week the same hole had 18” of ice with 6” of packed snow/slush. 
    • smalliehunter
      I've never chased panfish during the open water season.  I caught my first bluegill this winter, and have developed quite the crush on them.  What's your go to rod, length and action?  Plastics or bait?  Line type and lb?  Do you use a bobber?  Should I use same jigs as winter or plain hook? 
    • Rick
      I remember the 10 o'clock news having a banner that said "Do you know where your kids are?"
    • Kettle
      There is still a lot of ice up here, it's getting darker obviously and on some really small bodies of water pulling away from shore but I know they are still running 4 wheelers on larger lakes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.