• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Auger Collar Bolt

walleyeking

Question

11 answers to this question

Any hardware store. If I am not mistaken, it is a socket head cap screw. They usually are a grade 8 hardened fastener.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The collar bolt is metric, not sure on the size.

My strikemaster's bolt is metric. I lost one on a lake in North Dakota a few years ago and drove it to a hardware store, where one of their standard metric bolt sizes fit perfectly. I still keep it in my kit as a backup, after I got a replacement bolt from a fishing tackle store.

The original and replacement bolts take an Allen wrench to tighten (not sure which size).

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-15-2004).]

I think that you can order them from Strikemaster, if that is what you have. You may want to give then a call at Big Lake.

When you put the collar bolt in use Loctite 242. It will hold the bolt tightly, but you can still loosen it with whatever wrench it takes, albeit with some effort.

Collar bolts are one of those things that depress the devil out of me. That, and the little rubber knob for ice-ducers. Not that people lose them, but that every day, I have to face the reality that so many guys are out there willing to get arrested because they come into your store and steal the stupid little things!
Amazing!

Oh, yeah, last year, it was gas-caps.

Ah hah! You never need a transducer stopper again. Just take a thick rubber band and break it. Then wrap it a few times around the ducer cable and tie it in a double knot (but not too tightly; just experiment). It rolls up and down the cable easily but holds the float in place just fine. Been using mine that way for two years. I could never get the factory stop to keep from sliding, anyway. What a blessing when I lost it. wink.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

Thanks guys..It's just to bad it had to happen on hte last day of the season..I didn't even get to fish..

One way to keep from loosong that bolt is to wrap a piece of electrical tape around the collar. Just make sure to take the tape off and check the bolt once in a while, then replace tape.