• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

I don't care if he is COY. Watch some of his Jr coaching videos and you'll see the similarities in his dirty coaching style.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

Yeo has done a great job of finding a way to negate their top line. Varlamov can still steal this series and I expect that Roy will break up the top line. The other lines really aren't generating anything. We've got to find a way to bang more of those rebounds home. Some of it is a little puck luck. I've seen quite a few where if the puck bounces the other way we have a player ready to bang it home.

Whatever happens I really like the way the Wild have responded.

Agree on Yeo 100%. Now that we are playing tight, not giving them room to move and "free-wheel" they seem totally lost. Roy had only one positive about his team in his press conference...the goaltending so we know he is confused with his O and I don't see them figuring it out and we will roll on.

Holding them to so low number of shots was good.

Lucky bounce to win still.

They missed a couple an Wild missed a couple but Wild did shut them down.

Refs did a good job from what I saw down close.

Last 3 minutes, pure panic on Yeo an wild players faces but they done good.

Varly Net'r is fun, he is a wild man.

Koivu, Brodsack an Heatly coasting an man the younger players on both teams make them look old school NHL SLOW, you should retire to Russian senior league.

smile

Good series, lots of action an that is what ya want for my bucks.

Should be fun night there rink #5 an back home for #6.

Be interesting to see more shots from Av's as they sure did not test Kemper ...throw 40 at him and lets see what he got Daddyo.

He sure likes to slow a game down.

Good an bad in that but he is good at stopping play for any little reason and might burn him on deep face offs.

Maybe not.

Parise still weak...Av's kids stop giving him any respect an he aint like'n it.

Low return on heavy pay out so far.....big time goals in Reg season but so far little to show this series.

Lots of whinging an diving an running to hide behind Stoner.

smile

Good player but com on boy, strap some on a have at it.

Mmmmmmmmm double cheese, fries an a coke fer breakfast.

Keep on rocken.

Tommy

Fun view.

Another solid game. The Avs are in tough shape right now with a myriad of key injuries.

Oh and I counted no less then 7 penaltys on the Wild that were not called, 3 by Parise alone....so I wouldnt be beaching too much on that topic.... grin

Now somebody devise a plan on how to score on Varl in Colorado.

Score early on them in Game 5. Like in the first 5 minutes. Have Moulson aim for the middle of the net and it will deflect off the inside of the post for a goal.

Most importantly, the third line has to crowd their first line just like they did in the last 2 games. It will be tougher if the crowd gets into it and feeds their energy.

It's going to be a lot tougher for Yeo going forward as he needs to find a way to win while not getting the matchups he wants. Heater and Brodz are going to start being a much larger liability when Roy can just throw out his young guns at every faceoff our 4th takes.

I'm not as annoyed at the number of penalties as I am at the ones being called. Just complete phantoms like Suter's and Brodin's hooking calls. Sometimes, it seems like the game is being guided to OT.

I bet Heatley is out for Saturday's game. I was pleased with Brodz and Heatley overall based on their current abilities. I didnt see them make glaring mistakes and I actually saw Heatley throw a few checks. I say bring up Veillux, sit Heatley. Keep Brodz.

Keep the third line in tact as it was last night. Benching Heatley and bringing in Veillux at least has some speed in the lineup in the event we get caught with the 4th line against the young phenoms from Colorado.

ya, I thought there was some good stuff in there too!

And why does everyone keep harping on Parise. Doesn't he have 5 assists? And he hustles his a** off and is more of a leader than Koivu.

You know it's going good when we have nothing else to b!tch about, so we b!tch about eachother wink

GO WILD!!!!

And why does everyone keep harping on Parise. Doesn't he have 5 assists? And he hustles his a** off and is more of a leader than Koivu.

Yup, 5 assists in 4 games, and leading the team in points.

Agree, Parise does a lot of the "dirty work" to keep them in it, team would not be near as good wo him. IMO CO is in a panic right now, not sure they have a game plan than can outdo our pure hard work.

I hate to keep looking back but that game 1 debacle is buggin the heck out of me.

Game 5 is now a must win imo versus it being the 1st of 3 series clinching games in a row..

I know I know its hockey and chit happens just get over it..

It's just going to be tough to win the last 2 if we lose Saturday. And if we lose this series some how, out playing them this badly..... :-(

One other thing yeah there were a couple odd calls but you cant tell me by looking at the Suter penalty live in fast motion that it didnt look like a penalty?

Yeah breaking it down slow mo you could tell it wasn't the stick hack that caused him to fall and it was the awesome clean check that actully sent him crashing.

Frustrating yes but thats going to be called a penalty everytime...imo.. grin

The suter penalty was a penalty IMO. Stick infractions are called almost always if the stick is horizontal to the ice and touching a player. The stick didnt cause him to fall, but the fact that it was there tipped off the ref for a call.

I agree with you 100% on the game 1 thing. It really burns now. For the lion's share of these games we have been dominating them yet we are tied?

46 shots and you muster 1 goal?

These things dont correlate well to me for winning the series. I say they need to win game 5 handily by 2 or 3 goals to have a shot at taking the series. The outcome has been too close considering the effort they have put forth game in and game out. They are bound for a collapse in one game.

Agreed. Parise is playing just fine. He's the last player on this team i would criticize. The wild WILL need him to score a goal or two yet to win this series though, i do believe....

Dallas sure does have ugly jerseys.

I'm not sure who I want to win, i don't like Dallas or Anaheim.

Its going to be a battle tonight and I suspect we see a different avs team. Agreed Pier looking back at that first game hurts but maybe a little adversity is what this team needed.

Parise and Koivu have been good, no goals yet but they are certainly setting up the kids. Need to see a little more from pommers and moulson. We are in this because we finally have some depth, Granlund has stepped it up this year, nino has been solid all year, and Coyle and Huala have been huge down the stretch and into the playoffs. I still wouldn't call us a cup contender but we are close. Scandella has looked pretty good all year, and while Spurgie and Brodin haven't been amazing they have been good. Brodin still have a ton of potential. Really like how this team is coming together and the kids have a lot of room to grow.

How in the flip does Kooky get a penalty. The NHL just wants the Ages to advance.

What a joke, Kouivu gets his stick held cross checked in the back and then punched in the back of the head and they even it up?

wild are owed a couple of PP in the 3rd after that clown like performance by the zebras. Coyle gets 2 and the GOON Mccleod gets nothing huh? Right....

Mcleod could have had 3 penalties in that sequence, but somehow Coyle ends up with the only 2? What a disgrace.

Side note Suter needs 2 hands on his stick...