• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

Pretty obvious Wild cannot continue to get the puck too deep cycle low and try to constantly Jam it past Varlamov. Need to work the puck higher, get him moving side to side, deek, or get a tip or total screen on a D slapper.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

One thing I cannot stand on the pp is when Parise gets it at the side of the net and tries to push it through the pads of the goalie. I don't get it you can't put it through the goalie and it just give the D an easy clear.

Anyone else think the Avs are embellishing this injury a bit? I mean, I want to see an official report stating this injury (I know I wont see one), but come on. When was the last time you heard during the game and after the game specific details about an injury AND include the length of time he would be out? NEVER.

Its always "lower body injury"... this time its "an MCL, out 4 to 6 weeks". Seems fishy. I have my doubts he is as injured as claimed.

Terrible officiating last night. I was at the game club level center ice, and every time their box opened for something, they found a reason to send one of our guys to even it up.

That icing call was complete dump.

AS much as i hope Cooke doesn't get a long suspension, I deep down hoped that we were going to see some of the Matt Cooke of Old. Less some of the really cheap stuff. We need some gritty on our team to keep the Avs honest, and Cooke provided that last night.

Great atmosphere at the X last night, hopefully Thursday is the same.

Yeo's line combinations we terrific. Nino jumped up on the second line for Moulson on a few shifts, the 4th line was used the right amount, and they didn't hurt us. Heater seemed to have left his anchor at the marina.

Poor Kessel, probably better to not say anything vs getting eaten alive by leafs fans. I really wonder why people are on Twitter, all it does is cause trouble.

Phil Kessel, 6th in the league in scoring, tied for 5th in goals. He was ferocious in the Olympics for USA. I would say he DID his job this season. MAYBE the Canadian players ought to look within to find out why all the Canadian born players on their team underachieved for Toronto.

Heater actually back-checked once,

Yep, He11 has officially frozen over!!! smile

On Cooke, I wasn't real happy when the Wild signed him but he has cleaned up his game a ton. Assuming he is suspended I think it will hurt tremendously. IMO he was the biggest spark plug last night in the game for the Wild. He led and the others followed.

Supposedly he is not a repeat offender (since it has been over 18 months since his last incident). If that is the case if he gets more than Seabrook got for the hit on Backes then in my mind the NHL is a complete joke.

Poor Kessel, probably better to not say anything vs getting eaten alive by leafs fans. I really wonder why people are on Twitter, all it does is cause trouble.

Pro athletes just shouldn't be on it. Too bad Leafs fans are giving him flac on this, considering he was the only thing giving them a shot at the playoffs.

Looks like the beer had fingers.

grin

Pretty sure got a call from boss an agent.

He is an odd kid, big money lots of time an fishen abeer...fingers do the talking.

I find it funny but Canada fans go off when seeing this stuff with morning oatmeal, bacon an beer.

laugh

I go to London Ontario three times a month from Nov to March an know they live it, breath it an if your not doing as expected...HASH!

Twitter ?

I don't get it.

I love intent to read an facetard to share photos an mess with friends but twiter is odd.

Plus I'm the woody woodpecker in everyones life an they who know...well dig it ~ get it, & ME.

There is a reason I be 26 years sober of everything good back before I was 33 and a very different Tommy.

LOL x 1000000000000000

confusedcrazy

============

Cooke might be done for this year.

that was not easy to see last night.

I figured Wild would win one at home an big chance game #3 as 11 Avs are rooks an it was their very 1st Road game.

Wild thru everything they had at them an only get by in OT 1-0 on a great individual effort by the G man.

Win is a win an that was fun.

Varly the net'r was on fire an got lucky also.

Looks like Avs figured Kemper out as he can be beat fast an high...see if they make it go.

Last 5 minutes of 3rd was great.

Wild almost got a big 2 min sin bin visit with two many men at 19:30 of Ot.

WOW!

Parise needs to earn his keep, but I saw Capt. K hit a few guys...surprise.

Heatley is tricky, good chice to see what he can offer.

Suter looked lost an tired couple times in the end...but he is game'r.

Love the hits.

Lets GO!

G man Granlan...He likes that move, boards to crease / slot.

Avs gave it to him three times last night.

He knew it an coaches saw it if I saw it for sure.

Whole series of passes in last 15 seconds was a fun.

grin

Hedja D man was gased, missed check on boards..."G" moved fast to net, D man followed coasting, not moving skates an swining stick...two others went for him but great effort made it be.

It was ment to be.

Enjoyed the game for sure.

Hope Wild players no go play on Twitter.

Stupid is as stupid does Phil me boy...put a cork in it..

smile

Fun view.

Leafs will figure it out some decade!

cry

T

Looks like the suspension details have been decided.

Ok here it's..

The U.S Supreme Court has Ruled that Matt Cooke should be tarred and feathered.

It was a 6-2 ruling with as expected Sotomayor and Ginsburg abstaining. They were thinking the penalty was too harsh. They thought the 2 players should just hug over a cup of natural green tea and discuss the situation.

grin

OK.

The NHL has asked Matt Cooke to participate in a sleepover in New York so they can observe his behavior.

Ruling tomorrow. #stillwaitin

I was expecting something this afternoon, what the heck is going on here. Maybe Cooke took everyone hostage?

Getting 7 games off is kind of weak for damage done.

Agree ruling that past should have nothing to do with present actions.

Can't really hold someone to blame for stuff done 2 years ago.

Like his play but hard to watch a knee on knee.

So play on!

smile

cool

I am the MacReady an Snake Pliskin of Vermilion!

"Hey, are you Snake Pliskin, I thought you were a lot taller man"

cool

T

Cooke is a goon. I have never liked him. Having said that, he has really helped us. Goons like him seam to hurt you the most when you need them.

Okay I wasn't happy when the Wild signed Cooke but he has cleaned up his game a bunch. And unless the NHL really wants to clean up their game then teams need to have players like him on the roster.

What I don't get is how does Cooke get 7 games and Seabrook only 3. The NHL is a complete joke!

I've ranted, I'll move forward now.

I agree with you on the punishment for Cooke. It is what it is, but defies logic IMO. A head injury has far more damaging affects than a knee, but whatever. Watch Barrie come back tonight or in Denver. Conspiracy theory.

Go Wild!

Play like they have played for 50 mins of game 1 or all of Game 3 and they have this one.

Cooke got extra games because of his name, I'm fine with that, 2nd longest kneeing suspension ever. Like Peir said lets move on and focus on this HUGE game. We win and this could go either way, we lose and we are likely out in 5 games. I expect a big improvement from the Avs this game, the extra day off should help because we are going to need every bit of effort both hold their big line in check and get a couple past Varlamov.

Hard to move on when the NHL's policy is so illogical. The Discipline Czars often base their decisions on result of the injury rather than the act itself.

Barrie is out 4-6 weeks with an MCL, oh, then Cooke should get 7 games. I really don't have a problem with the 7 games, knee on knee hits can end careers. But I have a problem with consistency. Hawk's Bickel knee on knee to Sobotka? No injury, so no suspension. Incidently, the head shot on Backes happend just a couple minutes later.

The logical thing to do is suspend players with consistency so they know what they can and can't get away with. If you hand down suspensions based on the incident result, the players just roll with it and assume they can get away with it in most cases.

Ok, sorry for ranting. Go Wild!! Can't wait for game time tonight.

I think we can all agree consistency is an issue.

Ok back to the game, sound like Nino Haula Fontaine on the 3rd. Essentially 3 rookies, will they be tasked with shutting down the Avs big line? Kind of scary to think about but it just might be crazy enough to work.

Bear, I agree it does sound crazy, BUT, you have to remember that big line from the Avs is young too. So, I think its definitely possible to slow them a bit.

If they keep that line in check we win IMO.