• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

Yeo used his timeout too early imo. He needed that to rest his top line instead of having to put a 3rd/4th line out there. When I noticed that I lost all hope.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

Had my own game on Sunday. Watched the first and thought things were going well for the Wild. Come out of the locker room just in time to see the Hawks second goal, what a bummer.

Hoping to see a game 7. Will be interesting tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if both Pommer and Suter are playing hurt. But it is the playoffs.

I never remember Haula being a speed threat in college. Good improvement on the wheels. Second half of this pariod scares me being on the long change.

Sounds like I have some people wanting to challenge me on the ice?? smile

Crawford has been outstanding (and lucky) If the Wild lose can't say this shouldn't have went 7 games!!!

Gotta hand it to the Hawks. They out played us plain and simple.

We made a darn good run at it though! smile

Separated at birth??

Hans Klopek from the movie THE BURBS, and Patrick Kane from the Blackhawks??

full-40170-45717-hans.png

full-40170-45718-kane.jpg

Heck of a second period, very good period to take into summer. Some entertaining hockey and it has been awhile since you could listen to a MN hockey game while fishing on some ice free water...

Sucks to lose on a play like that. The Wild had so many chances to bury the game winning goal, but couldn't get it done. Blackhawks got a LUCKY bounce in ot.

Quote:
Gotta hand it to the Hawks. They out played us plain and simple.

Thats the tough part No they did not outplay us in anyway shape or form.

Wow do I hate to lose like that!!! A bounce off of 4 legs and into the net has more justice than that. I had a feeling it was over when I saw the puck jump out in front of the net. Time for the off season thread.

Yeah disappointing end. Crawford definitely stepped up in this game.

They had a good run and played extremely well for the most part. Lots of good experience for the kids.

Bad end to a fun series and season. Mid-way through the second period when the Wild just could not get any puck luck at all I told my buddy that this was starting to feel like a game that ends with the Wild feeling like they deserved better.... Hate it when I'm right.

Have to hand it to Crawford though - he stole that game for them, and good goalies can do that for you. No shame in losing to a good team, and Chicago's good. I feel a lot better as a Wild fan this morning than I would if I were a Penguins fan that's for sure.

What a fun season though. Hopefully as an organization they're finally past the 'just happy to be here' attitude about the post-season. I don't think they've ever been there as a franchise, but this post-season just felt different somehow.

I will say BB was right and we were a lot closer to being a cup contender then I thought at the present time.

We litterly were a couple of bounces away from being in the conference finals.

That hurts!

Despite the loss the we hung with the Hawks and then some. We certainly deserved that game last night but if you can't burry them after so many chances you are really playing with fire (or Kane).

Heck of a season Wild! The kids really impressed me this year and I have some fairly serious expectations going into next season.

IMO, Crawford was no better than Bryz in that whole series. It would be nice to have the guy back next year, but I kinda doubt it unless we somehow dump Backs' and Harding's contracts.

The year ended better than I expected. Now I have even higher expectations for next year laugh

Yeah im not buying into the theory that we have won this series with an elite goalie.

You have to score more than 1 goal to win and we didnt lose this series because of anything bryz or keump did or didnt do.

Not saying we dont need a tender, we do in order to get home ice next season and contend for a cup. But to blame the goaltending for this series loss is crazy imo.

I'd only argue that as a team you can be more aggressive if you have more faith in your goalie, but more goals are needed.

No doubt and really it was the team defense that made it relitively easy for our tenders... but like you said you pack in and it hurts offensive production.

Still totally bummed.

Quote:
Koivu he proved he is one of the best second line centers i

Glad you brought that up. Obviously hes a few millon per over paid. But hes one of the better all around players imo.

Being one of best face off guys in the league is an invaluable asset.

And despite having ankle surgery which obviously curtailed his play he did a fantastic job on Toews in Hawks series for the most part.

I think he will have a big year next season.

With Boston out and another home team losing game 7 we were extremely close to actually winning the cup this year.

It hurts still lol.

I'll just say this about goaltending, ours was fine but sometimes to finish off the top teams you need some next level goaltending. Crawford was better than Bryz in game 6, hard to tell if it was all Crawford or our inability to put the Hawks away but he stole that game. Bryz was great and stopped everything he should have and then some but we needed a little more to beat the Hawks. Just look at what Price did to Boston the last two games.

Just look at what Price did to Boston the last two games.
Or what Lundqvuist did against the Penguins. The trouble I have with a marquee goalie is the price. I would rather put that money toward a scorer considering how well we play defensively.

We had 3 goalies this year that had the best stats in the league for various portions of the season (save %, GAA), but you put them on pretty much any other team and I am quite confident they wouldnt have been nearly as good.

Look at what St Louis did to bring in Miller. Honestly I would have thought they were a shoein for the Cup, but they imploded. Not entirely his fault, but there were games where he looked below average.

I will say BB was right and we were a lot closer to being a cup contender then I thought at the present time.

We litterly were a couple of bounces away from being in the conference finals.

That hurts!

Most hockey pundits had the Bruins to win it, look what Montreal has done. There was no team in the top 8 who was overwhelmingly better than the others IMO and the Wild player for player could have done it, a good bounce here, a great save there, finishing on a great opportunity, and who knows. I am very disappointed because I had higher hopes than most with the overall talent this team had. Next year is a big question mark but one has to be optimistic going in....but we shall see what unfolds. Go Wild!

The trouble I have with a marquee goalie is the price.

I don't think we need a high end goalie, just one that can get hot and steal a game from time to time. Without MS Harding was looking like that guy, now that is up in the air and Kuemper could be that guy, Bryz might have been that guy at one point but I'm not sure any more despite him being a quality goalie. Backs is probably done unless he can get healthy and even then he is getting old fast.

Wild exceeded my expectations this year a bit but they turned out about where I thought we would, good but not good enough, you have to burry teams when you outplay them that bad and we don't seem to have "it" yet. After what I saw this year I think we will be right up there with the best of them. Sky is the limit if the kids keep improving.

I don't think we need a high end goalie,

What drives me crazy is that we rely too much on pure hustle and hoping we get a lucky bounce thus we were absolutely gassed and beat up by the end IMO. You need to be able to compete, score on your share of opportunities, capitalize more on the PowerPlay, and have plenty in the tank to keep going, we need a guy or two that are pure scorers..we have none.

If we don't make a huge improvement in goal regardless the cost then we will need to either change our system of trying to "out-hustle" and "locking down" .... putting it on the goalies shoulders....or we will need a guy or two like Vanek allowing us to win 4-3, 3-2, 2-1 games....we are fine on D with what is here and what is in the stable IMO.