• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

From everything I've heard, the crowd on Tuesday was the best ever at a Wild game. Hopefully that kind of energy carries over to the regular seasons in the future. It can get pretty quiet in there.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

Well another must win game for us to have any chance to extend this series, don't like our chances down 3-1 playing in Chicago. Hopefully the boys bring their A games because Chicago will be coming at us hard the next game. Time to hit the road for the opener, hopefully we are alive for game 6 when I get back on Tuesday, Go Wild!

Should be another fun one tonight. Looks like Chicago shuffled their lines a little, which is kind of interesting. Will be nice to have Cooke back - guy is just so solid defensively and on the PK. Moulson out, and apparently has been playing hurt. Almost glad to hear that just because it explains why he's been so ineffective. I'm liking the Nino-Koivu-Colye top line. Those are some big boys (6'2" - 6'3" - 6'3") that can play a pretty heavy game down low. Like to seem them getting in on the forecheck and leaning on Chicago's D all game.

How fun has it been watching some of the Wild's young players develop this post-season... Nino, Coyle, Granlund, Haula, Scandella... I've thought Scandella was our best D-man some games. Haula is looking like a ridiculous steal as a 7th rounder, and Nino is looking like the first round pick he was before the Islanders Islandered him. Coyle is just a horse down low, and Granlund is learning to take it to the net hard...

Major steps forward for the organization...

Regardless of where this series ends up (and I think Chicago wins it eventually) what a great development experience for a lot of young players.

RK as usual you are dead on. The young guys have been so much fun to watch this season and into the post season. Remember last year how we had Zucker out there and he would have one good game, then multiple bad ones? A huge OT winner, but otherwise lost out there?

This year these young guys have been playing great. Haula has been amazing, Nino stellar, Coyle a beast, Granlund has icewater in his veins. The only one of the young guys I have wished for more from is Brodin. He hasnt been the same since the injury.

Regardless of what happens in this series I am so pumped to be able to watch them for years to come. I only hope we can get this goaltending thing figured out.

Come on Bryzwallov huge game tonight!!!

I couldn't agree more on the young guys.

We are so used to older guys underachieving in Minnesota sports. Its nice to see the younger guys overachieve. Mix them in with our good vets we have, add Vanek and we could get better and better in the next few years.

Thank you mediacom and NHL.

I dont get to watch the game again tonight. Why cant it just be on FSN. The local guys make the game so much better to watch anyways.

Local guys are the WORST announcers in All of professional sports. Canned repetitive non entertaining dump they spew game after game. Thank goodness for national televised games.

It Is goals like Chicago's first goal that will make it hard for us to win this series.

Very poor goal tending in my opinion. In my day, I could of hit that 5 hole.

We dominate the period and end up giving up a goal like that with 30 seconds left, that hurts. Seemed like bryz was more worried about the guy streaking down the other side rather than sharp with the puck. Regardless we cannot afford to give those type of goals up especially that late in the period.

Must be an exciting game looking at the score. I bet there is gonna be a couple fellas up north chumming for walleyes out of the boat tomorrow morning.

Bryzgalov gave up a couple soft goals, but he also came up huge a few times late to make up for them. Great game, the crowd was unbelievable, i've never seen a crowd like that standing for nearly a complete period.

Thank you mediacom and NHL.

I dont get to watch the game again tonight. Why cant it just be on FSN. The local guys make the game so much better to watch anyways.

Not even sure you would want to watch a team you think is so poor.

Wild are playing very well right now, hope the goalie can keep the cheap ones out as one cheap goal could cost the Wild the series.

Have to say, the Cinderalla team is doing very well tied with the Hawks.

Awesome game. We need to skate fast like that in Chicago and keep the pressure on Crawford. Crowd was unbelievable I could feel the energy through the tv.

Crawford! Crawford! Crawford! grin

Anybody know what channel the game is on tonight?

Directv guide doesn't show it anywhere.

Thanks man. Just got in recorded 4 episodes of American greed according to the guide

but hey the game is there so thanks!!

It seems that whenever brodin gets a penalty it leads to a ppg. Gotta stay out of the box!

Overall it wasn't a bad game it was ours for the taking but let it slip away. Need more production from that top line. Haula is sure impressive for a rookie and that 3rd line is constantly on the move. Pomminville and koivu need to produce here on Tuesday and hopefully a game 7.

Haula took it coast to coast! I'd like to see more of that and let our skill guys skate with the puck a little more. We need Moulson back too, Our 4th line with Heatley is a disaster.

Moulson has been playing hurt. I wonder if that was the puck he blocked several games back. He was clearly struggling in this series but I agree I would like him back in there if healthy because he has some scoring ability and much faster than heatley.

Would like to see Ballard come back - he was playing real well the last couple games. That a cheap shot laying him out on the boards with a dangerous checking from behind hit, those are scary.

Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out, lucky enough to do it 2 series in a row?

Suter kind of took a beating on kfan today. Anyone got stats on how many minutes he's logging during the playoffs? Haven't really paid attention but if he's out there as much as the regular season, he's either gassed or coasting too much.

He looked flat out lazy on that one goal where he batted down the puck and kind of bumped into the guy who scored. When I saw it I thought what the heck is he doing, then I heard the same stuff on kfan with many folks talking about the same play.

Suter has looked real lazy out there. Don't know if he's getting wore out or what, but he seems to just be coasting around with one hand on his stick.

He's logging far too many minutes IMO. He's played a whole extra season compared to some of these guys.

Rumor is that he and Pommer are playing hurt.

We stopped hitting last night. We started giving the puck away even with no pressure. We gave the Hawks too much space. This all lead to the loss. Really, it could have been worse. That was not a good game by the Wild.

Hopefully the spark of the X brings them back to life and we get a shot at this series in Chicago on Thursday.

What is funny is how Yeo went from being a strategic genius to a complete fool with one loss. Some hockey forums are going nuts over him putting out basically the third line for the final minute. He pulled the goalie with 2min left. The top guys were out for a whole minute without real zone control so they ended up skating quite a bit. They were tired, Yeo needed fresh legs, so he put the freshest guys out there. It was a risk. It didn't pan out. If it did we'd all be back in Yeo-The-Genius mode. That wasn't what lost the game. The play after the first period did.

You certainly have go shake your head at some of the experts out there. Yeah put Parise koivu etc out there who are gassed and give up an open net goal guaranteed.