• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

It's on now. Glad I didn't miss much in first 8 minutes. I don't get why they blackout local games but can't switch to regional coverage like football does.

The Wild need a big 2nd period.

Lots of scoring chances so far but no goal yet.

Gee, no Buck for 3 days.

Penalty box?

Stoner is just pounding anyone he can line up, Should be a good third period if we stop going down a man.

Well Wild and Crawford had an amazing 2nd period and we still don't score. I don't think we can take any more penalties this series, they are killing us right now. Wonder if the wild have a huge 3rd in them?

skating wise it seems pretty even but I missed part of the first.

HIT THE NET!!!

OMG have we missed a ton of shots. Bryz has been fine, can't complain about either goal on his part. Pommer can't hit the net and we've got a couple of posts. Bummer we out shoot the Hawks 17-3 in the second but lose 1-0 in goals.

And how smooth is Kane. He does it against everyone but the guy is in a class by himself when it comes to stick handling.

Heater looks pretty slow again. Gotta finish the PK and get one by Crawford. Start with 1!!!

Where is Moulson??? He's supposed to be a goal scorer, where are the goals!!!

The Wild need a big 2nd period.

Lots of scoring chances so far but no goal yet.

Gee, no Buck for 3 days.

Penalty box?

Nope, just lots of work. I got to watch the first two periods, then came home and we have mediacom. Apparently that is one of the 5 channels out of 800 that we dont get.

I hate it when the games arent done by the local guys. It makes them seem quite boring. Matvik(sp?) and Greenboog made the other series fun to watch.

No way they can win with Bryzgoalie.

Well, it was a good game until about 5mins left. Lets get a days rest, reset, refocus, figure out what they can do better and take game 2. Lets go back to MN 1-1!

I disagree. Kane's second goal should have been stopped. Bryz should have been fully hugging the post and keeping his right pad blocking the bottom of the net. It's much tougher for Kane to go against the grain for a goal than to backhand one into the 1'X1' hole above his left shoulder.

Either way, it's water under the bridge. If we want to win this, we need a goalie who can steal a few goals and we need to HIT THE NET!

So....are we going to see 2011 vintage Brodziak now? Any chance we can see 2005 vintage Heatley? grin

First thing Wild need to do is hit the net but that has been a problem all season long.. I think it will be a good series and the Wild may just surprise a few people..

Pretty sold effort tonight, we just got Kaned and we don't have an answer for that. Team was good, Bryz was actually fine, can't fault him for the PP goals, the Kane goals and of course the empty netter. I think Bryz had the post it just got over his shoulder in the only place it could have snuck in, this was Kane and he is both clutch and skilled beyond anything we have, sometimes you just have to say wow.

Man I have to image we were all feeling it when the Wild tied it up but that is just how good the Hawks are. Next game should be interesting, Wild seem to pause/get a little rattled when things don't go well so we will see what they can bring the next game, if its like the Avs game 2 we are in trouble.

Man I have to image we were all feeling it when the Wild tied it up but that is just how good the Hawks are.

Yep, goodbye easy comebacks.

I thought Bryz dropped his glove on Kane's second goal and left a lot of room. Otherwise it was a solid game from the Wild.

I thought Bryz dropped his glove on Kane's second goal and left a lot of room. Otherwise it was a solid game from the Wild.

As a goalie myself who has played against current and past nhlers (including, current Blackhawks) bryz blew it on that play. He'll be the fist to admit that. Look for better line assignments and better defensive play in game 2.

Max I don't want to call you out but did you play in the nhl or college hockey or you just played against guys who did when they were young because a lot of us played against great players in our day when we were young. Split second NHL playoffs are a little different animal, that Kane goal will see a lot of highlight reels over its time, most nhl guys can't do that at speed and most NHL goalies aren't going to stop a backhand like that placed in about the perfect spot.

Max I don't want to call you out but did you play in the nhl or college hockey or you just played against guys who did when they were young because a lot of us played against great players in our day when we were young. Split second NHL playoffs are a little different animal, that Kane goal will see a lot of highlight reels over its time, most nhl guys can't do that at speed and most NHL goalies aren't going to stop a backhand like that placed in about the perfect spot.

Well put, just as sweet as Kaner's backhand.

Yes, overall, the Wild played a pretty solid game.

I said toi my wife last night, if the Wild go to the box like they did in the Ab series, they won't get away with it like they did with the Av.

Just too many PP goals and it's hard to cacth up giving away to many freebie's. Going to have to be a bit more careful on the penalties where they really did not have to take one. Yes, there are times when a penality is ok but the first 3 last night were really not needed.

esp the 4 minute one.

I thought Bryz was actually pretty solid. Go on to youtube and search "Patrick Kand backhand goal". He's done that same move to a few goalies.

I'd get Heatley off the ice and plug in Fontaine. Need more speed against 3rd and 4th lines of Chicago.

Just have to hit the net. Shot way too many pucks wide. Can't go in if they aren't on net and there usually isn't a rebound.

No way you can put the blame in bryz on that goal. How bout the 3 guys he skated around to get to the front of the net. We've gotta get physical with him, swiping our sticks at the puck isn't gonna work.

They played well enough to win, they hit 3 posts and missed the net on numerous other chances.

How about Stoner's game. Typically if you don't hear his name its a good game, and if you do hear it he's playing terrible. He was out for blood last night. He absolutely ran over a few guys, got in Seabrook's head some, and managed to score himself a goal. It was nice to see us setting the physical tone of the game instead of getting run over.

Agreed on Stoner. I didn't think the Wild were as physical last night as they were in the Ave's series. Be physical but stay out of the box. Kane is awfully quick but I'd like to see him get hit a little more. Reg season and last night Chicago is 27% on the PP against us.

I also thought Haula had a good game, heard his name a lot when he was out there. Pommer/Parise/Granlund were getting chances but all of them had some good opportunities shot wide.

Nice claw back in the third but to out shoot a team 17-3 in the second and come out one more goal down really hurt. Gotta capitalize against these guys.

Any other teams left in the playoffs using their #4 tender? Wild need to figure this situation out for next year. I don't feel comfortable with any of them. Bacstrom has always been a headcase and it sounds like their stuck with his contract next season. Too bad with Harding and his illness but hope he doesn't get a sympathy contract. Bryz can be a backup but not for the price he's at now. Was high on Kuemper until this injury. That really wasn't much of a hit. Just have a hunch that might be the story of his carreer.

Like to see Haula shadow Kane this game. Gotta put a body on him.

Bryce, probably part of the off-season topic but you have some good points.

If Harding isn't ready next year I will bet he retires. Don't quote me on this but I think he can retire for medical reasons, get his contract paid and it doesn't count against the cap for the Wild.

Bryz, he was rental player brought in for the right price. Unless the Wild makes a big run his contract is up.

Backstrom - I know he was playing with an injury but to be honest he was VERY shaky this year. Can't be bought out because of the injury so he will be back and hopefully can return to the old form at least in a backup role.

Kuemper - Far too early to make a call on him. Not many Patrick Roy's led their team to the Stanley Cup their first year. For instance Dominik Hasek's first 2 years that he played over 20 games his save % was in the .890's. In his next 6 seasons he was only under .930 once and that was .920.

Wild played pretty decent. The score didn't do the game justice. Kane was insane.

I thought Brodin was terrible, again. (not the first time he's been bad this playoffs) And Pominville has been the biggest playoff disappointment on the whole team. He seems to be fighting the puck way too much. He's been bad IMO

Is it just me or does it seem like the wild are playing like there short handed against the Hawks. Doesn't seem to matter where the puck is Chicago has an extra skater on the attack.

Is it just me or does it seem like the wild are playing like there short handed against the Hawks. Doesn't seem to matter where the puck is Chicago has an extra skater on the attack.

Agree....looks like Varsity is playing the JV...take the puck away and go the other way at will. Our legs look shot or is Chi just that much bigger/faster/ better????...kind of surprising to me.

First period dominated by the Blackhawks...... Koivu looked like Heatley on the back check on the first goal.

Bryz not spectacular but good enough to win.

Pommer should have had 2 pretty easy goals but can't score. Lack of scoring from Pommer/Moulson killing the Wild.

Nino has been solid today but Haula has been the Wild's best player today IMO.

Officiating has been fine but I didn't like the hooking call on Fontaine. Kane likes to dangle and the Wild finally caught him but the refs bail him out.

Not looking good for this series, Chicago is a much better and balanced team than the avs. When our big lines can't even generate a shot inside the dots it's going to be hard to compete. It's going to be good to be on home ice but it's still going to be tuff.

Chicago does give you a lot less room for error. Blocked Shots were 25-11 in favor of Chicago.

Wild have to find a way to score in the FIRST 2 periods. Bryz hasn't been the problem, although I wouldn't mind seeing Harding in net for a spark.

I think the Wild have showed they can play with Chicago. However there is a big difference between playing with and beating a team like that in the playoffs. Games have been close or tied in the 3rd period, then the Hawks turn up a notch. We've had issues scoring goals all year, that will likely be our downfall. Hopefully we an make this series more interesting on home ice.