• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl Photos

A few bad picture from this year. One being an opening day wood duck, the other being my first ever Canvasback.

full-1003-3653-1stcaninnd.jpg

full-1003-3654-opener2010.jpg

Here's a few of my pics from the season, I don't get out as much as I used to but still had a decent season, mostly in ND, but killed a dozen or so ducks in MN and a bunch of geese. I'm not in any of the pics as I'm the cameraman at the end of every hunt.

Early season pasture hunt, funny story behid this one, got to hunt with some pretty good guys.

159.jpg

Nov. 13 Central MN goldeneyes. Pickings were slim up that way on our lakes but these 3 cooperated nicely in the wind and snow.

NikonCameranew1420.jpg

Few pics from ND Nov. 19 and 20. Shot a 4 man limit of 18 mallards, 5 drake GWT, one widgeon and 12 geese on the 19th during the middle of the day in a corn field. Pulled out by 1:30pm and let it rest. Set up in the same field the next am in 8deg temps, the roost froze and we only saw a handful of ducks and killed one honker. Snow shut down scouting but we found a big bunch of honkers right by the road, set up for one last go of it and killed three more.

NikonCameranew1500.jpg

NikonCameranew1501.jpg

NikonCameranew1516.jpg

NikonCameranew1477.jpg

NikonCameranew1537.jpg

Pair of thanksgiving metro river mallards. Waders were a bit stiff after this hunt.

208.jpg

210.jpg

Couple of MEA weekend central MN ringers. These two piled right into the dekes on saturday am and the old browning cleaned them right up. They were the only ducks that even gave us a sniff hunting all day saturday and sunday am. Was a pretty slow year in MN for numbers of ducks seen.

DSC04298.jpg

Got out for one last hunt on 11/30 and snagged a few more late season mallards with some good hunting partners. Got 5, one had the wad do a little cosmetic work on the top of his mind so he didn't get to show his pretty green face. He was one of a pair of drakes that came in CLOSE today. Sad to see the season go. Looks like a lot of guys on here had great seasons and worked hard for their birds. I will miss the ducks until next season, but I won't miss the 3am wakeups. I'll be itching to do it agin by next fall though.

250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Got out for one last hunt on 11/30 and snagged a few more late season mallards with some good hunting partners. Got 5, one had the wad do a little cosmetic work on the top of his mind so he didn't get to show his pretty green face. He was one of a pair of drakes that came in CLOSE today. Sad to see the season go. Looks like a lot of guys on here had great seasons and worked hard for their birds. I will miss the ducks until next season, but I won't miss the 3am wakeups. I'll be itching to do it agin by next fall though.

WOW...That is great. How did you shoot those ducks tomorrow? I wish that i knew what i was going to shot to know if i should go out or not...jk:) Great looking greenies.

JP

WOW...That is great. How did you shoot those ducks tomorrow? I wish that i knew what i was going to shot to know if i should go out or not...jk:) Great looking greenies.

JP

Marty McFly is a big time duck hunter. laugh

You guys don't have duck hunting crystal balls???? Mine tells me how many four pound double reward banded neck collared septuple curl mallards I will get before I even put on my longjons. I got it in a combo pack with a mega super delux stealth layout blind that has a profile 86.437% lower than any other blind made and is endorsed by Fred Zink, buddah and ghandi; a power honker hen gander clucker carnage grinder meat shooter short reed double call; a super solar nova ultra heater camo skull cap, and it was all stuffed inside a black hoodie!

That should read 11/28, oops. Sad to see the season go today.

LOL. Just had to razz ya' a bit johnsd. Nice drake photos. I'm bummed about the season coming to a close as well. The past 4 weeks really started getting good. I'd much rather sit in the duck blind a few more weeks than trudging through cattails and corn.

NoDak mornings like these

IMG_0643.jpg

Combined with the other groups bag + some roosters make a wall full

IMG_0610.jpg

Put a hole in my boat. Final birds of the season just before Thanksgiving

DSCN1179.jpg

Until these decided to join in todays Rochester fun

DSCN1185.jpg

Still going to try and get in one more goose hunt before the season ends. Was supposed to join a group in southern Kansas but will have to put off that mallard hunt to have puppies. Will be waiting for the snows in SoDak on their return trip.

NODAK 3 MAN MALLARD AND PINNY LIMIT

Nodak1-1.jpg

nodak3.jpg

nodak1.jpg

nodak2.jpg

pinny.jpg

Late Season Pelican Lake Mallard

pelicanmally1.jpg

Late Season West Metro Hunt

oxyoke1.jpg

Late Season South Metro/Southern Minnesota Field Hunts

mayylayout.jpg

Northfield1.jpg

rumriverrate dont fool these guys in thinking you were the man behind those hunts...ur stealing phils thunder and you know it!!!!!!

SeaDuckHunting006.jpg straight off of mille lacs grin

Here's my last duck of the season. The day before everything locked up solid I found this solo plumper hanging around...

full-1826-3911-greenhead.jpg

full-1826-3912-tail_foot.jpg

It was a good year for my group. I wish I would of taken more pictures beause we had some good hunts that no pitures were taken. Atleast we still have the memories of those hunts.

A couple early goose pics

Picture001-1.jpg

021pz1.jpg

Some pis from the regular season

solo morning

Picture004-1.jpg

field hunt for woodduks

Picture008-1.jpg

Flooded field mixed bag 4 man limit South Dakota

Picture010-1.jpg

corn field mallards 4 man limit of mallards South Dakota

006xwd1-1.jpg

002xct1.jpg

Another solo morning

Picture001-2.jpg

snow covered corn field mallards 2 man limit. This hunt was about 400 yards from a Wal Mart read signature.

Picture001-3.jpg

Sweet! anyone know who was hunting on Lake Carlos on the last day? Only thing open, drove by and saw all kinds of DUCKS between Carlos AND Darling+++ geese!!

full-23483-4192-pc110242.jpg

Opening day today in SW Virginia. Didn't think there'd be too many quackers flying around the Blue Ridge but we managed to find a few. Ones on the right are a pair of black ducks, a new species for the group. Fun times!

Finally got this up on Youtube. Here's some video from one of our October Hunts. Sorry it's not professionally done but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Well with 25 MPH winds and temps in the high teens, we debated going out this mornin in the little boat... glad we did! We both limited out on black duck, mallards, and threw in a couple bonus buffies and a hoodie for good measure

full-23483-4223-pc130250.jpg

full-23483-4224-pc130252.jpg

full-23483-4225-pc130253.jpg

full-23483-4226-pc130255.jpg

hopefully i'll have some good pics tomorrow... got done with final exams today, and tomo's forecast is calling for 3-5 inches of snow starting around midnight, and it was windy as heck yesterday and today. all the cattle ponds have frozen by now - gotta be pushin some more birds in

keep them coming Goblue and you might get a visitor over the New Years holiday as I didnt get enough hunting in this year smile

i'd take you up on it if i was here, but I'll be in minnesnowta over new years most likely smile

they just upped the forecast here to 5-9 inches of snow tomorrow, the spot we're hunting had hundreds of ducks on it today, so should be fun. i'm going to have trouble falling asleep tonight!

GoBlue, are your study sites in VA then? In other words, will you be there this summer?

Nice pics. Looks like a good time. Take advantage of those black ducks in the Atlantic flyway. I shot a black duck, possibly a black duck/mallard cross in Minnesota. Not likely to repeat that feat.

Looks like fun hunting. Nice to get the finals done and then have some down time.

yes, my study area is the entire length of the New River in Virginia. I'm stuck here year round smile

Well today was just one of those days. Thought we'd knock em dead, and there was (practically) nary a bird to be seen. Started off snowing real hard, we got the dekes out and 10 minutes later when shooting time came they were covered in snow. Had one lone mallard come in right away, then nothing for an hour. Then I stood up to pee, and was just taking my jacket off when a group came in out of the snow. Needless to say they saw me and peaced out. Fast forward 30 minutes, I try to start peeing again, and a group of Canadas come in, but my buddy's call was frozen and they drifted by just out of range. Picked up and moved to a new spot, greenhead comes in right away... pull up and line him up in the sights... and my trigger is frozen solid from the freezing rain. We ended up with a couple greenheads and a coupla black ducks and a very nice lookin hoodie. They were about the only thing flying, gonna try to do some home taxidermy oh him.full-23483-4329-pc160258.jpg

full-23483-4330-pc160259.jpg

full-23483-4331-pc160263.jpg

full-23483-4332-pc160266.jpg

today made up for the miserable day on thursday - musta pushed a lotta birds in. If we had Jeff Foiles with us we coulda shot 50 grin

I got my first triple on greenheads, what a day

full-23483-4368-pc170271.jpg

full-23483-4369-pc170281.jpg

Nice ! Was starting to wonder if you were sick or something when you did'nt post up on Friday !! How long does the season go ? Is it all split up ?

• The topic was unlocked