• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl Photos

a Grebe? Wow...

This morning's hunt 2 woodies, 7 ringnecks and a hooded merganser. Didn't see much flying.

CopyofIMG_1225.jpg

Quack, sister has a place near clearwater lake. coming up for mea next wed- sun. Have 2 sons 12-15 if you need/;want tagalongs, would love to join you. Admire at your young age your passion for waterfowl.

I was going to post pics of the ducks Sled and I shot but I see he beat me to it. His pics are better quality than mine anyway. I really need to get an iphone 4 just for the hunting pictures.

Quack, sister has a place near clearwater lake. coming up for mea next wed- sun. Have 2 sons 12-15 if you need/;want tagalongs, would love to join you. Admire at your young age your passion for waterfowl.

It depends where I will be hunting... might be in the TRF area or local. I'll let you know if something can work out.

Here is a solo hunt from this morning plus some bling, my hunting buddy didn't make it out.

IMG_1235.jpg

Elwood- I have to stick with Gadwall because of the white band markings on the wing and the head is shaped like an Gadwall...they have similar colors to the Hen Mallard though. Well who cares, it looked like a great day out on the marsh. smile

OK greast I'll go with and its a duck probally a Gadwall cool

A bunch of first's for me. My first redhead, first goldeneye, first gadwall and the first time I ever shot a limit of ducks. It was a good morning.

P1090433.jpg

Quack nice smackdown on the ringers! Shamalex congrats on all of the firsts nice bag. I hunted with derek5 again lots of mallards and woodies around. Unfortunately our shooting went south today,some easy misses blush ended with 3 mallards,1gadwall and 1 shoveleroct16th.jpg

DSCN1137.jpg

Final tune up for NoDak. Dog work is good, shooting is OK, hope a case of shells will be enough. Be nice to see some color vs all this MN grey that I've been finding.

Ahhhh..

Well here are a few pics from the last week..

My dogs First Duck Retrieve!!!! (trained him myself)

buddd.jpg

budd2.jpg

Shootin clays the day before

dahuth.jpg

A VERY nice woody shot this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

menwoody.jpg

Here are the ducks me (I'm Larry), Darrel and Darrel shot last weekend.

We bagged 12 quackers Saturday including 3 canvasbacks, we also shot gadwalls, widgeons, ringbills.

The mallards escaped our errant shots. They came in and left un-scaved! Dangit

We had the whole area to ourselves if you can believe that.

Sunday we get there a little late due to some barley pops tasting so good only to find 5 groups of duck hunters already there, so we have to go down to the very last spot we could find but we ended up with 5 ducks including a real nice mallard that ran into Billy’s shot.

We also had the perfect mallard shoot as 5 greenheads circle us once then hear me call when they were behind us and come in perfect 20 yards above the decoys only to drop one and miss all the rest! And the one I dropped swam away and I lose it! ERRRR! If was easy, it wouldn’t be any fun!

Oh well, it was a good weekend to say the least!

full-983-2307-pa150464.jpg

Nice lookin lab Jordyn!!! Makes a persons chest swell up on that first one don't it?! Well all the rest of them to! Wait till the first multi bird retreive! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

It's been a great season so far even with this unseasonable weather! Looks like a lot are having success. grin

Our daily large spread in 2 pics, foggy morning.

DSC02638.jpg

DSC02635.jpg

DSC02626.jpg

First limit of drake pinnys.

DSC02640.jpg

First goose band.

DSC02642.jpg

nice Pinny...MN or Dakotas?

Nodak, I was there for 6 days. Mostly diver hunting because the mallys were nowhere to be seen. Just as we were starting to get discouraged we got turned on to a field for our final hunt of this years Nodak trip, and let me tell you what, it was like a fricken mallard tornado. We actually ended up with a 6 man limit by 9:30 AM. I think we only had 3 or 4 hens and the rest Greenheads, some northern migrators in the mix, and we each got a pinny. I have never been a fan of field hunting, but now I most surely am.

Quote:
Nodak, I was there for 6 days. Mostly diver hunting because the mallys were nowhere to be seen. Just as we were starting to get discouraged we got turned on to a field for our final hunt of this years Nodak trip, and let me tell you what, it was like a fricken mallard tornado. We actually ended up with a 6 man limit by 9:30 AM. I think we only had 3 or 4 hens and the rest Greenheads, some northern migrators in the mix, and we each got a pinny. I have never been a fan of field hunting, but now I most surely am.

Nice! Field hunting is a blast for mallards, it's fun watching all these mallards just swarm in like a tornado. I've never hunted in NoDak for ducks but looking to do a trip there sometime soon. Thanks for sharing.

full-13540-2585-0817100911a.jpg

full-13540-2586-1016100755a.jpg

full-13540-2587-corn.jpg

full-13540-2588-beet.jpg

full-13540-2589-hunting2009002.jpg

full-13540-2590-lakemea.jpg

we had to replace one of the ducks with the dog chew toy since he ran off with one of with one of the birds

Yeah, a brace is a pair. Usually talking about a male and female pair...

Quack, nice mix there. Beautiful eagle head! That at your grandparents farm?

jeep, very nice sprig!

can2.jpg a pair of drake cans from this morning for my nephew and I unfortanatly all that proceeded was more cans

not much for shooting but sure was fun watching em skate the deeks

• The topic was unlocked