• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl Photos

Nodak resident opener: Two short of a three-man duck limit, six bonus honkers and two awesome German wirehaired pointers that made some stellar blinds and looooong marks. Couldn't ask for more!

DSC_0029_zpse9040ee0.jpg

Sunday morning: Two-man limit by 9 a.m. The best part was my eldest pooch got to show his young one-year-old padawan the ropes, and what three years of training/hunting experience and a title will do for finding downed birds. Great, great day.

DSC_0058_zps1226fa55.jpg

Nice work Tyler! Got to intro my lab 17 month old lab to duck hunting. Didn't get the same action you did, but by the 2nd bird things started to click. Out to ND next wknd for non-res opener! Can't wait!

full-10883-37129-image.jpg

The limit took more time than usual this opener as I took drakes only on the Woodies. The mallards were absent where I was this year. Can't wait to see the greenheads show up as Woodies taste great but don't work to the call like Mr. Mallard. full-40472-37133-openerducks2013.jpg

full-28265-37135-duckandgoosepictures.jp

full-28265-37136-duckandgoosepictures.jp

full-28265-37137-duckandgoosepictures.jp

ND resident opener (sat. morning). It's nice going to school up here!

8 Man limit of ducks and 6 bonus geese. Mixed bag of gadwalls, mallards, and woodies.

Had a great first ever Duck Camp with a crew from southern MN this past weekend. Saturday was a very wet but successful day. Ended with 48 ducks by 11:00 a.m. and then went back to my place and cooked over half of them up via Ted's crock pot and grill recipes. Final tally for the day was 19 Mallards, 5 Woodducks and 24 Blue Wing Teal (2 teal were found in a canoe after the picture). Already getting excited for next year.

full-18666-37406-image.jpg

Little late but this was our opener. nice 6 man limit out in buffalo mn.

url=http://fishingminnesota.com/forum/file/userpics/2013/10/full-33227-37455-1239192_4771561187323_1576381693_o.jpg]full-33227-37455-1239192_4771561187323_1

Last sat 4 man limit, lost two though.

full-33227-37456-1267399_101515560883961

...Already getting excited for next year.

Season is just getting going. Don't forget about the rest of this year!

WOW! Looks like everyone is having a great year! I missed opening morning due to moving but this is from opening sun. 3 mallards, 3 redheads, 2 woodies, 1 teal and a goose, with 3 others lost in the cattails. Great morning!

full-27880-37494-ducks.jpg

Getting the new shack ready for deer season and getting the main floor of my house put back together for mama before Nov. 9th. Rewiring, plumbing, new kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a laundry room are consuming a lot of my time. If I get out one more time before deer season I'll be happy. Good luck to everyone else for the rest of the season.

My 10 minute limit from yesterday with my first drake gad. Wasn't sure what it was when I pulled the trigger!

image_zpsc5623bf0.jpg

And a beautiful drake I found today. I shot it yesterday & thought I lost it, but found it today when we went back today!

image_zpsa69166a0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Took the kids out for their first ride along hunt last Friday afternoon. They had fun shooting the Red Ryder at some of the decoys. Nothing flying but this canvasback came along the shoreline and could not fly so I finished it off and the kids loved it. They loved eating him as much as the hunt. Maybe next time something will fly in rather than swimming in.

full-742-38602-canvasback_kids.jpg

• The topic was unlocked