• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years draft?

Hester

Im still waiting to see 5 QBs go in the first round like you have predicted Scott. Im sticking to my 2-3 I predicted looong ago.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

Remember when you thought Mariotta was a top pick? Or when you thought Bridgewater was the second coming or Aaron Rogers? "He's the most pro ready" Guy cant even throw an accurate ball in a scripted pro day.

Hilarious.

Everything he said MAY still be true...you're no more right than he is.

Don't you think we should at least give them their 1st snap in the NFL before we tag them stars or failures.

Don't you think we should at least give them their 1st snap in the NFL before we tag them stars or failures.

Nothing should ever be given, only earned. HUGE flaw with our society. These guys have not earned anything other than the opportunity to be drafted. Being drafted and "given" snaps are too different things. Look at Ponder for example.

I remember thinking Bridgewater was going to be taken first over all, I dont remember thinking he could walk on water though. I dont remember being one of his best fans at all.

Remember when you thought Mariotta was a top pick? Or when you thought Bridgewater was the second coming or Aaron Rogers? "He's the most pro ready" Guy cant even throw an accurate ball in a scripted pro day.

Hilarious.

For all we know, Mariota would be the #1 pick. He CHOSE to return to college...good for him. Bridewater MAY still be the #1 overall pick in this draft. One "pro-day" doesn't erase 2-3 years of college production and TAPE.

Your opinions are not facts...you're speculating just like the rest of us.

For all we know, Mariota would be the #1 pick. He CHOSE to return to college...good for him. Bridewater MAY still be the #1 overall pick in this draft. One "pro-day" doesn't erase 2-3 years of college production and TAPE.

Your opinions are not facts...you're speculating just like the rest of us.

What a lame return. "for all we know...MAY still be" come on, there is NO WAY Teddy is going #1. To talk like it MAY happen is like saying "I MAY go golfing today." But I am not because I got plans, just like Teddy isnt going #1 because he's not worthy. I say he slips somewhere 15-20 and I wouldnt be surprised to see him go even later.

If Mariotta wouldve been #1 he'd be in this draft. Even he knew he wasnt. Come on.

Juice...

I said maybe two months ago that Bridewater would fall to the bottom of the 1st. That was my opinion then and still remains today.

Look at the QB's on the rosters of the teams picking in the top 10 this year...to say that they are all QB NEEDY is an understatement.

Nothing would suprise me in this years draft....

1. Texans: Clowney (Watt on one side, Clowney on the other? Deadly)

2. Rams: Robinson

3. Jags: Mack

4. Browns: Bortles

5. Raiders: Matthews (After losing Veldheer they are in need of a Tackle BAD)

6. Falcons: Donald

7. Bucs: Watkins

8. Vikes: Gilbert

9. Bills: Lewan

10. Lions: Barr

1. Texans: Clowney (Watt on one side, Clowney on the other? Deadly)

2. Rams: Robinson

3. Jags: Mack

4. Browns: Bortles

5. Raiders: Matthews (After losing Veldheer they are in need of a Tackle BAD)

6. Falcons: Donald

7. Bucs: Watkins

8. Vikes: Gilbert

9. Bills: Lewan

10. Lions: Barr

1 Just to pick on your picks, I doubt the Texans take Clowney, I think they go with Barr, Bortles, or Mack.

2 The Rams I am certain will trade out of their pick.

3 The Jags will take Mack if he is there.

4, If Bortles is still there, or JM

5 I like Mathews, but I dont see the Raiders taking him here. They will go QB, or Watkins

6 I could see the Flacons taking Mathews here

7 Bucks will take Evans, they are in need of someone to catch the ball, and Evans is a great WR

8 They will take in order of who is available, Bortles, JM, Mack, Barr, Clowney. The Vikes want to take QB, and shore the position up for the future. The previous statements about JM were a smoke screen.

9 They need TE badly, I know it is a stretch to take one this early in the draft, so they will either trade out of the pick, or take Ebron if they cant get a trade worked out.

10 I hate to say it, but they want to go WR. If for some reason Watkins, or Evans is still on the board, they take them. If not, Robinson, Gilbert, or Dennard here.

Barr/Bortles #1 overall?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You dont pass that opportunity to have 2 stud DE's.

No way does a TE go top 10

Raiders are in desperate need of an O-lineman, the only good guy they have is Wisniewski, everyone else there is a big question mark. I think the league has learned that drafting a QB without a line is worthless.

Why didnt you put your guy Bridgewater up there????

While clowney maybe the biggest athlete, he is more high maintenance then you say JM is. Teams will shy from that. Bortles can start game one for the Texans next year, they need a starting QB. Barr, is a stud, and would fit into their scheme very well.

I dont think a TE goes in the top 10 either, but that is their need, so they will try to trade out of the pick.

Bridgewater isnt my boy. I never liked him, I never thought he was the best QB. I just said he will probably go #1, because that is what the media was crying out, and the Texans need a QB. Bridgewater will more then likely be off the board by 15. Even with the great fall of the proday.

6'6" 270, 4.55, athletic freak

That doesnt come around too often, he doesnt have a wrap sheet, he was a realist about risking his career.

You dont pass an opportunity like this, especially playing on the other side of JJ Watt on a team where more Defensive stops is a huge deal.

Maybe, but you also dont risk the 1st pick in the draft on someone that doesnt try for a year, lets his team mates down, because he is selfish, and wants a payday. You knock JF, because he is all about money, at least he played the game, and tried very hard to win the games. JF sacrifices his body for his team. Clowney, doesnt even try, just so he wont get hurt, so he can collect on his presumed payday. What will happen come contract year? Not try again? Take plays off? If I were a coach I would much rather have 53 players on my team giving 100% all the time, rather then a couple studs, that give 100% only when they want to.

What will happen come contract year? Not try again? Take plays off? If I were a coach I would much rather have 53 players on my team giving 100% all the time, rather then a couple studs, that give 100% only when they want to.

And this isnt the norm anyways?

Clowney is a freak, Manziel is not. Clowney is more than worthy of a #1 overall, JM is not. Not that hard to figure out.

There's only a few guys on every team that go 100% 100% of the time. Does everybody play as hard as AP?

6'6" 270, 4.55, athletic freak

That doesnt come around too often, he doesnt have a wrap sheet, he was a realist about risking his career.

You dont pass an opportunity like this, especially playing on the other side of JJ Watt on a team where more Defensive stops is a huge deal.

If the Texans take him the only reason they do is because JJ Watt IS on the other side of him. He will do well given Watts domination and constant work toward the QB. It'll be one on one for Clowney...we'll all see how that'll work out if they pick him.

THIS is the only place I can see Clowny working out for...he's a bust in the making every where else. A TRUE "physical freak" doesn't have it in his mind-set to take a year off.

Blast me if you will...I'll stand by this until he proves me wrong. He simply doesn't have the DRIVE to be great...not now anyway.

Hard to say who will do what. Year in and year out there are these guys that are supposed to be freaks with uncanny ability that end up being pie stains and never talked about again.

You can check the mocks and scouting reports from years and years back and have yourself a laugh.

Clowney goes #1, no way he gets passed. 2-3 tops QBs taken in rd 1, Bortles goes 1st, JM 2nd, Carr 3rd QB taken. Vikes make moves, Speilman is not afraid to deal around. I feel bad for the QB that lands in Cleveland, hasn't seemed to work out in the past. Vikes take a RB in rd 3.

That part is talk. If he was really worried about risking his career he would have just sat out. You're at just as much risk of getting hurt half-ashing it on he field as you are if you're playing hard.

Lots of steam about a big "trade up" day on day one of this draft...including multiple teams at multiple spots. All speculation, of course...

Don't be suprised if the Vikings find Jake Mathews looking at them at #8 if this happens.

Huge need...LG starter for the next decade and can play any of the 5 OL positions if needed.

Would be a steal at #8.

Browns made a hell of a move there. What a deal, move 5spots for another 1 & a 4. Nice