• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

please help - need underwater camera advice

Philo

Question

Wanted some input as to an underwater cameras for ice fishing. I mainly fish in a shelter. I was looking at the AV ice pro and noticed it has a down viewing camera. Is this a good feature? Anyone fished with this unit? If so, was it a good piece of equipment or would you suggest something else? I noticed on that unit the screen was larger, is this good or bad? Anybody fish with other units you like better? Any advice you guys/gals could give me would be great.

2 answers to this question

You can view down with any of the cameras, I wouldn't consider that a strong selling point. Just tie the camera up on the cord with a plastic tie wrap and it will point down.

As far as the Pro, I can't help you. One thing to note though, the battery life is shorter on that camera (only about 5 hrs.).

Aqua-vu makes a fine camera. I own a MC2x and like it. I'll be moving to MarCum once the new line of cameras comes out (460 and 560). I'd take a serious look at what MarCum has available as well.

http://www.marcumcustomerservice.com/products/ovs/ovs_main.aspx

I also own a MC2X. It seems to do the job when ever I use it in the summer. In the winter it gets a little harder b/c it has no compass on it. So its tuft to see were its pointing. After a while though, it gets pretty easy.
I does the job perfectly for what I use it for in the summer and thats mainly finding structure and fish. It hasn't failed me yet.
The lights help a lot at night.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300