• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Billick for coach

LindellProStaf

To say a player makes a coach is laughable as eventually the coaches true colors will show. That is like saying Brady made Bilichek or like mentioned that SF players make Harbaugh look good when the roster was pretty much the same the day he took over and made that team into a contender from the day he started.

Coaches are there to prepare a player and to make sure they are in the best position to suceed not just a motovator for players with great athletic ability. Some coaches are great coordinators but given controls of a full team and they fail. That is what it looks in the case of the MN Vikings. Although the sexy thing to do would be go and hire one of the great coaches on the sidelines watching but the better thing would be to find a head coach elsewhere that has experience and just needs an oppurtunity to suceed. With that said the team is not a good team and even with the best coaching on the planet they still will be .500 or under team. They need better corners and they need an offensive line that can give the QB a little time before he has a defender in his face or chasing him out of the pocket

In fact think about the KC qb Alex Smith...he was written off almost as a bust but then Harbaugh comes in and puts him in good situations and tailors the game to his abilities and works from there. Now he goes to another great coach and we see the same results...a qb making the needed plays to get his team the W's adn the talk of being a bust has been completely lost. If he would have had one more poor coach in his career he would be out of the league or holding a clip board as a back-up but a good coach came in at the right time for him and put him in the best situation to succeed.

People need to remember that a players can make a coach look like a genius, not the other way around.

The coaching staff is responsible for putting together the game plan, and then adjusting that game plan during the game, to be able to put the players in the right positions to win. Look at the Kalil quote after the game yesterday "We got out schemed." That right there tells you that they got OUT COACHED! Plain and simple. With all those blitzes that the Panthers ran yesterday and pressure on the QB, why didn't we see some screen passes to AP? Cause the coaches can't see the forest in front of them because of all the trees.

The job of the coach is to get his players and his team to compete at their highest level. Thats not happening with the purple right.

I'd like to see multiple coaching changes. The oline has regressed and is horrible. Dline is okay and underperforming. Dbackfield is raw and mistake prone.

Make some coaching changes to see if anything improves. At least that will give u some ideas of where improvement is needed. Right now it appears to me like we need about 45 new players.

Ever hear Peyton Manning say his team was outcoached?

Yeah didn't think so

You bring up the one exception to the rule, so to speak. Manning also calls his own plays 90% of the time right at the line of scrimmage. He REACTS to what scheme the defense is giving to him and calls his plays accordingly.......just like the Vikings coaching staff should be doing from the sideline, but cant seem to get a grasp on. Peyton Manning is probably smarter than half the coaches who are walking the sidelines in the NFL right now. I don't even know if the Broncos come in with a game plan, as Manning changes it constantly right at the line of scrimmage.

I absolutely do NOT want to see the Vikings hire an "up and comer" in the college ranks or as a coordinator. How many of these guys get to the NFL and fail miserably. The answer is too many. This organization and team needs a proven leader. Tice, Childress, and Frazier were all "up and comers". I'm getting fairly tired of taking risks on coaches. Unfortunately, we are not going to get a proven coach, we are probably going to get an up and comer and once again have to cross our fingers that he is any good and that he has the ability to put together a quality coaching staff.
like who?

Frazier is a lame duck coach at this point and time...I don't care who they bring in here next year. I'm hoping it's someone with some "fire" though.

I like Gruden...either one of the brothers would be fine by me.

I thought Billick was run out of town on a rail the last time he was here? Now some of you want him to be the head coach? crazy

I dont remember Billick being run out of here. His offense scored the record amount of points. He left to become Head Coach for the Ravens, I dont think there was much negative toward him. Chilly on the other hand....