• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Billick for coach

LindellProStaf

I have always like Billick. I wonder if he would want to get back into coaching. By that I mean for the Vikings. He was here for a few years and may be a good replacement for Leslie. Otherwise who else would be good for our new head coach?

Some definite coaching mishaps but will the new guy give the secondary a better way to cover, d-line invigorate a rush, linebackers etc. AP covered several weaknesses last year at times, his guarantee of 2000+ the record yardage if I were coach I'd have told him to not make that dream public, your chance was last year dude, tick off every D in the league AP and you aint that bad, sure running over a few small corners etc., shot your own foot, lets bring em both back Billick and Dungy lol.

I love Bill Cowher, I know others hate him but he was a winner and a solid coach in Pittsburgh. I would also love Tony Dungy, but like Cowher, he doesn't want to coach anymore. I don't know what it would take to lure these guys out of retirement. Even if they did have a price, I don't think the Wilfs would spend the money. I would think by now, after two failed attempts at coaches, they would be able to figure out they cannot take a risk on coaches. They need someone with a proven record to come in.

Any of the guys mentioned so far would be fine with me. What I want to see is them bring in an experienced coach that has a proven track record of being able to win at a high level.

Its nice to be able to find a young coach that can be with the team for 10 years but in the NFL you have to win now, there just isn't enough time to let a young coach grow and learn on the job.

Fraiser is a nice guy, but his style isn't getting it done. Musgrave, as I have stated before, is the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the league. I don't even know where they found Williams to be the D Coordinator. All in all, the bottom line is that our coaching staff gets OUT COACHED in every single game. It seems they start with a game plan and will not deviate from it at all. Opposing coaches make changes, scheme things to stop us and we make them look outstanding by doing the same thing over and over again. It's shameful. Yes you can blame the players for sucking as well, but for me, it all starts with the coaches. Their job is to have the team ready to play, adapt to changes on the fly and WIN!

How long does Fraiser hold his job? Will he get the axe mid season or will the ownership let him ride the season out so they can really shop for some other coach that got fired as well? Personally, I say pay Chucky the big money, get him out of the ESPN Monday Night Football booth, and on our sidelines kicking tails. Either way, the current coaching staff has to go!

Don't worry about the coach, worry about the GM. Hopefully the team can find a quality GM to run the team and then let him find a coach that has what he is looking for and the rest will sort itself out.

I would not want Billik,Gruden or Cowher as a head coach. I would like a new up and coming coach, probably from the college ranks or an up and coming coordinator(That isn't currently one of ours)

But anyway the fix is not in the coach but the GM and if we find the right one he will fix the coaching.

Ya... that would be sweet firing Leslie mid season and then elevating Muskrat to Head Coach. especially a firing after next week so the Packers have 1st crack at Musky running the ship! Generally firings during the season are followed by elevating a coordinator as interim coach till seasons end.... ie: Frazier

The chances of bringing in a coach that is not already on staff, mid-season, is rare and I highly doubt the Vikes can sway anyone into coming here to right the kayak mid-season.

I also agree Spielman has to go. Start at the top... get a good GM, let the GM name his coach and they work together to build a team... It works for many many teams. With that said, I actually am fine with the current situation the Vikes have... laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

Spielman has actually done a fairly good job, IMO, with the one GLARING mistake obviously being reaching into the first round for a 5th-round talent in Ponder. He's assembled some good talent through the draft, but he had so many holes to fill that the ship is still leaking pretty badly.

It's not Speilman's fault that Frazier won't give any of his picks any field time. Joe Webb getting more snaps than Patterson is ridiculous. We give up 3 picks to move up and get this guy and then we don't even give him a chance. Then they continue to start Josh Robinson who repeatedly gets beat on every play. I just don't get what they are trying to do.

From an outsider perspective, I see the Vikings making good roster moves for the first time in at least a decade and you guys want him fired?!? Please explain why with some details and examples.

Let's also set the record straight. Rick Spielman DID NOT SELECT Leslie Frazier to be coach. He wasn't promoted to GM until 2012 while Frazier was hired in 2011. He may have been involved but the Wilfs made that call, most likely Mark Wilf.

I had the displeasure of listening to PA on the radio this morning talk about how the sky is falling, the season is done, and there isn't much that can be done to fix things. It's all going to start with leadership, from Spielman, from Frazier, and from the team captains and veterans.

Let's see who steps up to the plate before casting them all into the sea.

Here is a quote from when Frazier was hired...kind of interesting now:

Quote:
Teams inevitably look for the opposite of the failed head coach that just left. Brad Childress struggled to minimize distractions, so the Vikings found a steady coach the players love.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/03/vikings-officially-name-leslie-frazier-head-coach/

Would be nice to get a QB that we could keep for more that a couple years... maybe 2-14 would do that for us.

2013, the road to the #1 draft pick

Sadly, no. As bad as Minny is, Jacksonville is worse. They may well go 0-16.

Would be nice to get a QB that we could keep for more that a couple years... maybe 2-14 would do that for us.

I just rechecked, I dont understand where you are getting the Vikings will steal this other win from??

No doubt I predicted a 4-12 season and got lambasted at our fantasy draft, it was all we'll easily win the division, can't be no worse than a year ago at 10-6, AP's big announcement he'll shatter Dickerson's record, full training camp compared to the year before, CP now in year 3, pro-bowl MVP at tight end, Jennings/Simpson/Cordarelle/and Wright, Felton re-signed for AP, etc. etc. etc. Kalil in year 2, new great punter, I said I looked at our schedule starting with 2 on the road and London and I don't like it I said, they told me you'll be eating that 4-12 soon enough. Losing to Cleveland at home and Carolina now, what a mess the vikes are in.

The Giants have owned us for many years, I predict the Viking make them look like a Super Bowl contender as well.

I absolutely do NOT want to see the Vikings hire an "up and comer" in the college ranks or as a coordinator. How many of these guys get to the NFL and fail miserably. The answer is too many. This organization and team needs a proven leader. Tice, Childress, and Frazier were all "up and comers". I'm getting fairly tired of taking risks on coaches. Unfortunately, we are not going to get a proven coach, we are probably going to get an up and comer and once again have to cross our fingers that he is any good and that he has the ability to put together a quality coaching staff.

Spielman can stay, coaches need to go, all of them, no hiring from the inside talk.

It's totally pathetic how they can't find a way to get Patterson on the field, I'd start him over any of the WR's on this team.

Problem with most of the coaches mentioned is they'd want to start out with a contender not a pretender.

People need to remember that a players can make a coach look like a genius, not the other way around.

Coaches are an easy scapegoat, when you don’t have the talent to compete.     I do agree however that its time for a change…

And patooey on that business about a young gun college coach.   Personally I would prefer a guy that has been in certain NFL situations several times over and already made his mistakes.    

No coordinators either.  An honest to goodness NFL  head coach with some experience

I would take Billick any day of the week. All I know is if Frazier coaches the remainder of this season and comes back next year it will be unbearable.

I've given up on the queens. I warehoused my limit of ducks and pounded the walleyes while all you guys were watching the game and squabbling about a coach on here. To each their own, but I see much more upside to being outside.

First it was fire ponder. Cassel will save the team. Cassel struggles now its fire the coaches. Who next? The team has holes everywhere.

The qb isn't the problem, the coach or gm isn't the problem. The problem is $17M tied into Jared Allen handcuffing this team from bringing in players in all their areas of need.

They will be much better off next year even with the qbs they have now because they will have money to spend across the lineup. Dump Henderson, cook, and many others. Its been a lost season after game two.

Who ever thought Cassel would save the team, that is hilarious.

People need their heads examined if they don't think QB is a big problem on this team.

It certainly IS a problem. Far too many people thought it was THE problem.

Were bleeding from holes caused by buckshot not a single rifle round.

No doubt Captain, we're a mess. Denny Green said it best we are who we thought we were. No doubt on Jared Allen etc. They need a new sack stat called quality sacks, not piling them up when up 35-3 or meaningless sacks. Same with Mauer padding his batting average when we're losing 11-0 you just might see 3 straight fastballs down the middle. How about in the 9th with the game on the line. I'm with the duck guy/walleye guy, thank goodness Viking football starts right with our hunting and fall fishing seasons. I wonder how Paul Allen is doing, he must be sick to his stomach. We're an every 10 year maybe was it 1998 Atlanta and 2008(ish)2010 likely with Favre ? So 2018 and we're gold again, I mean silver. Good bye Leslie.