• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

inverter question

minneman

Question

I have 0 expieriance with these. I am wondering, is there a unit that will power a elec drill (Millwaukee hole hawg) that draws 7 amps?

Im thinking that if it worked and I made up an adapter for an auger that it would be a sweet in the house auger...? your thoughts?

6 answers to this question

If it will work you are going to need the biggest invert just about that you can find.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

I can power my 3/8 drill with my 400watt inverter,but you have to drill slow and not put too much load on the bit or it will pop the breaker.
Go with a 750 watt and you will have no problems.Wish I would have.

i've have a 1200w/2400w peak for 30 sec. in my work van and run my hawg, microwave and just about anything else as long as you
leave the rig running and it's on it's 6th year, sweeeet grin.gif

How about using a small portable generator made by honda or yamaha? Could also use it to power lights and an electric heater in the fishhouse. Junky...........

------------------
A fishing guide is just a fishing junky who takes others with him to support his habit.