• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

BigDave, You were all over his jock because of his "stats" and the superior conference he played in and how that prepped him for the next level. If that were the case he would be doing so. You spent countless posts telling anyone who would listen how they were wrong about him being too small, too careless with the ball, etc etc. I'm quite confident I did not misunderstand your infatuation with him. You've been beating it down our throats for months.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

Foosball hasn't been sacked like that since the last time him and Bieber hung out together!!

This thread is pretty funny but this quote here has to take the cake!

Please! You should be asking that question in reverse. Is Andrew Luck Johnny Football Legit.

I had to search a bit because there are SO many posts in this and other threads, but I did find this gem..

...I believe Manziel will be the best QB in this draft and have the most immediate impact this season...

When your house isn't in good shape, tear down someone else's to make your's look better.

so THAT'S why Big Dave 2 keeps posting nasty-grams in teh gopher threads...

wink

WAR DAM EAGLE.

Peyton Manning threw 28 picks in his first NFL season.
And after the same number of games Christian Ponder's numbers are either better or no worse than Brett Favre's. So what's your point?

Gotta give the guy some time to get adjusted to the pro game. He has to figure out the hard way that he can't out run everyone like he could in college.

Manziel like to snort cocaine through 100 dolla bills too much to ever truly focus on football.

Manziel like to snort cocaine through 100 dolla bills too much to ever truly focus on football.

Didn't seem to slow Lawrence Taylor down.

And after the same number of games Christian Ponder's numbers are either better or no worse than Brett Favre's. So what's your point?

Ummmmmm, thats a stretch.

Ummmmmm, thats a stretch.

no its not. I have the numbers. More TD and int for favre, better TD to int ratio ponder. Same completion %, slightly better yards per attempt for favre. Favre had a good number more attempts so he passed a lot more. They almost equaled their long TD each season too. Kinda compelling.

no its not. I have the numbers. More TD and int for favre, better TD to int ratio ponder. Same completion %, slightly better yards per attempt for favre. Favre had a good number more attempts so he passed a lot more. They almost equaled their long TD each season too. Kinda compelling.

Compelling? Are you cracked? Those numbers aren't anywhere as close as you think they are. Why do you think it is that Favre had more pass attempts? Because ponder sucks. Ponder played with arguably the best running back in the game, who did Favre have? Did you look at QB rating? Did you look at Favre's stats for his 3rd year as a starter compared to Ponder? While Ponder was being replaced due to ineptitude, Favre was separating himself from other QBs.

Numbers don't lie. Remember you rely on them because manziel is a superstar because of his right?

I have it all broken down in a spreadsheet in the same number of games they were eerily similar.

So, if you have the best RB in the game you are going to pass the ball? BOX

Nice to see Manziel's single game records at A&M held up for less than a full game after he left the school.

Rex Grossman, looking to pass JM up on that depth chart. Haha.

Now THAT would be Gross MAN!!

The thread started as Foosball was gods gift of QB's and compared to the best of the best, now it changed to all he has to be is better then Teddy.

What are the stats for Teddy vs Foosball round 1?

My distaste for manziel isn't completely his fault but partially the media dump storm. I mean seriously he was 6 for 17 with a fumble (loaf of bread carrying BTW) and they honestly said on NFL network " did JM's great performance tonight have the brown a questioning having hoyer start"? Are you kidding me? You can't even make this dump up!

I have to admit I was laughing at how they spun his performance on ESPN. I guess he threw a ball that a 5 year old could have picked and the guy missed it. Then he scrambles and hits Burleson for 20 yards and they act like he threw the game winner in the Super Bowl.

It's never dull when he's in the game, gotta give him that.

Rex Grossman is twice the NFL QB JM will ever be. I don't know what he'll have to figure out, his game just doesn't transition. He won't start a game unless it's for an injury and the seasons over for the Browns.

I have my doubts on him being consistently successful but have little doubt he will get his chances to start. A 1st round draft pick is going to get his chances at some point.

It appears Merril Hoge has voiced his opinion about JM and it ain't looking good!!

Hoge: Manziel a 'juvenile punk,' will turn out like Tebow

SEP 04, 2014 5:28a E

Plenty of NFL analysts have questioned whether Johnny Manziel can succeed as a pro. Merril Hoge has taken that doubt to another level, though.

The former NFL running back isn't afraid to voice his opinion as an ESPN analyst, and he didn't hold back when discussing Manziel on Wednesday morning. Hoge ripped the Cleveland Browns' rookie quarterback to shreds during an appearance on a Pittsburgh radio station.

"If you're the Steelers' defense (playing Cleveland in Week 1), you want No. 2 (Manziel) to walk out on that field," Hoge said on WDVE-FM. "You want him on that field. He has no business being on the field right now."

Hoge made headlines for his brutally honest scouting reports of Tim Tebow after the Heisman Trophy winner was drafted. Now Manziel is in Hoge's cross hairs.

"When I was doing the draft and I was going through and studying him, I actually got done and it was the first time other than Tim Tebow came out and I was like, 'God, there is nothing —€” nothing that he does — that transitions to the National Football League,'" Hoge commented. "There's not one skill set that he had that you're like, 'Gosh, he's a first-rounder.' Really, nothing."

Hoge also tore into Manziel's character for the quarterback's reported text to the Browns on draft night.

"When he texted the Browns and said 'Let's wreck this league,' that didn't just burn players; it infuriates coaches," Hoge said. "It told you, too, that he's a juvenile punk. He was like that, and he's still like that."

It sounds like Hoge isn't very optimistic that Manziel will be able to turn things around.

"This will be the saddest, quickest ending we have seen in quite some time," Hoge said. "It'll be like a Tim Tebow (situation)."

Manziel didn't take the Tebow route in reacting to Hoge's criticism, but he was diplomatic nonetheless.

"Stuff pops up on my phone and I happened to see something," Manziel said Wednesday. "He's been in the opposite corner of me for a while now, so all I can really do is go out and try to prove him wrong. He's entitled to every bit of his opinion."

Typically I cannot stand Hoge or his grandstanding, but I tend to agree with his analysis in this case.

Really? I would have never guessed.

Considering going into the game the browns had game planned read option plays for manziel and they were down 24 pts that doesn't say much about how they feel about him. The best quite from Pettine "we didn't need him" . Need him?

The best qb in college history and your team is down 24 pts and you don't "need" him? Lol

Turns out they made a comeback but what a dump show that team is.