• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

BigDave the business owner only works Saturday nights when the Vikings play and teddy does well so he must be watching....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

Square peg...round hole.

The Browns should've just designed their offense around the things he does well and hand him the reigns.

Instead, they have him try to learn a "traditional" style NFL offense and sharing reps with Hoyer.

He's going to struggle all year IMO....

Don't think either qb on that team is going to have much success. That offense is very offensive and qb is going to be on the run a lot.

Agree too that jm is going to struggle in traditional type nfl offense for awhile. But suppose there's a reason all successful teams run a traditional style offense....

Yeah LMIT please tell me how I'm wrong about JM.

Awaiting response.... 3 2 1 spin fest begins. Divert attention and avoid question ....

Yeah LMIT please tell me how I'm wrong about JM.

Awaiting response.... 3 2 1 spin fest begins. Divert attention and avoid question ....

I already told you that I will be more than happy to tell you how wrong you are in about 5 years. One of these days I'm going to pull out the thread from 2010 or so where almost everyone who posted about Joe Mauer was wrong except me.

Bigdave I know you're only trying to help but that was directed toward LMIT.

So far I've been 100% accurate on JM. 1) his game won't translate to the NFL ie improvization and chuck and duck won't work. 2) off field distractions, heck he even has on field distractions 3) runs vs passes when open receivers exist.

So far I've been 100% accurate on JM. 1) his game won't translate to the NFL ie improvization and chuck and duck won't work. 2) off field distractions, heck he even has on field distractions 3) runs vs passes when open receivers exist.

All of that based on how many plays in two preseason games?

ROFLMAO!!!

What a shmuck.

Yeah its shocking isn't it? Wait until the season is over and see the list he can accumulate . It will make josh Gordon blush.

Lmit missed the part where captain said to this point he has been right. Yep to this point.....through 2 preseason games.....he has been right.

Quote:
Prediction: Johnny Manziel starts for Cleveland by Week 5

Brian Hoyer is almost set up to fail.

By: CHRIS CHASE August 20, 2014 8:56 am ET

Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine announced Wednesday that Brian Hoyer will begin the season as starting quarterback. Given Johnny Manziel’s inability to make any highlight-reel plays in the preseason that didn’t involve a middle finger, this was a smart decision.

But Hoyer’s ascendence to the starting role isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Cleveland opens its 2014 campaign at Pittsburgh, vs. New Orleans and vs. Baltimore, before heading into an Week 4 bye. The Browns are unlikely to have suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon in any of those games, which means coming out of the gate 0-3 is a serious possibility. Even if the Browns are better than expected, it’s hard to imagine them winning more than one of those games. If that happens, it’ll be easy for Pettine to give Hoyer the hook and start Manziel in Week 5, making the whole preseason quarterback controversy nothing but a distant memory.

Hoyer didn’t win the starting job as much as Manziel lost it. All the rookie needed was one big throw or one madcap scramble, the kind that made him a Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M. Instead, he bounced balls at the feet of his receivers and took unnecessary sacks. His most memorable play of the preseason was flipping off the Washington Redskins bench, a frustrated move borne out of his own poor play and inability to handle the defense’s taunting. Regardless of what you think about the offensiveness of a middle finger, Manziel’s lack of control was alarming.

That should have clinched it for Pettine. His rookie isn’t ready. And he doesn’t need to be either. Cleveland isn’t winning the Super Bowl in 2015. Why rush Manziel into the starting role when he can take reps with the backups, get more accustomed to the Browns’ offense and maybe learn a little bit about humility and how a Heisman Trophy and the ability to give Nick Saban fits has no bearing on his NFL future.

It’s a win-win for Pettine. If Cleveland starts 2-1 against three playoff contenders, Hoyer is your guy and Cleveland can make an playoff push that either ends with an unlikely postseason berth or a late-season audition for Manziel. If the Browns start out slow and enter the bye week with one win, it’s easy to wave the white flag, pull Hoyer and let Manziel start his NFL career then.

What’s the rush?

Lmit missed the part where captain said to this point he has been right. Yep to this point.....through 2 preseason games.....he has been right.

Looks to me like Cleveland has receivers that can't catch a ball.

It would of been easier for them if they had hands behind their backs or learned to catch with their feet!! If you only look at the WR you'd guess McNub was throwing them passes.

[quote=LMITOUT

Because I don't use semantics as a crutch to get out of losing arguments like you?

I'm pretty sure I did.

I've already established that I wasn't asking you but thanks for being eager.

Did you bother to watch the video I posted for your enjoyment?

Yes Ma'am, I also seen it on my big screen TV Monday night. Cleveland QB's can't hit the broad side of a barn and Cleveland WR's can't catch behind their backs or bounce passes. They tried so hard for Foosball to look good they even kept an all pro WR playing out there playing with him going against bubble players.

If you got the touch like Touchdown Teddy any WR can catch the pass even bubble players. grin

Have you answered my question yet? Didn't think so.

Ask an intelligent question and maybe someone will answer it.

Interesting that there's more interest on here in Cleveland's 2nd string quarterback than in the Vikings even though right now it appears the Vikes may have made a better choice.

Manziel has little chance to succeed in cleveland.

Put Johnnny football and Bridgewater in New England and JF is a starting QB on a playoff team.

IMO.

Quote:

Interesting that there's more interest on here in Cleveland's 2nd string quarterback than in the Vikings even though right now it appears the Vikes may have made a better choice.

I already told you that I will be more than happy to tell you how wrong you are in about 5 years. One of these days I'm going to pull out the thread from 2010 or so where almost everyone who posted about Joe Mauer was wrong except me.

Really???

I have hated tampon Mauer from day 1. Same goes for almost everyone the Wild sign, all the Timberwolves, and some of the Vikings. I know your slow, but try to keep up a little better.

Based on what?? 2 preseason games??

Keeping the thread off topic....Mauers contract has practilly no effect on the current product.

Many other factors involved here/there#backontopic

When your house isn't in good shape, tear down someone else's to make your's look better.
so who's "house" are you tearing down limit?

It was a very intelligent and direct question I posed. If you cannot answer ask Big Dave because he answered twice on your behalf. But considering you are a mouth breather I want you to speak for yourself. But I am not expecting anything of substance from you because that is how you roll.

You're wrong Pier...Manziel is the exact type of player that Bellicek sends packing...or doesn't even touch with a ten foot pole.

He doesn't put up with ANY chit at all and Johnny F hasn't grown up enough to realize how short his stay in the NFL might really be...

Bellicek is famous for giving players their "last chance" at making it in the NFL. Look for Johnny F to land in NE in about 3 years...just as Tebow did last year.

Manziel will make enough $$$ in endorsements, his rookie contract, and the Heisman trophy to live comfortably ever after.

I really don't think he's smart enough to make it in the NFL..."smart enough" takes on many meanings....