• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

The best thing that could happen for Manziel and Bridgewater is for them both to be backups this season.....Ready to start or not, a time for learning is never wrong, and often needed,

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

The best thing that can happen to both of them is to have the teams put good talent around them and let them play right away. Teddy has the advantage in that respect with the skill players the Vikings have put on the team. He is playing with

AP

Rudolph

Patterson

Jennings

and others. If he is any good at all he will look the part from day 1.

Bigdave Darrin nelson wasn't a QB.

To say this whole thing started as who the vikes should draft is a stretch because there was a chance he wouldn't even be still on the board.

Your "can't miss" "franchise qb" rhetoric about JM should propel him to a hall of fame career. He was so prepared by playing in the toughest conference in football that he should be inked as the started and for the next 10 years and build a new trophy case.

If that isn't what you meant then why all the hype? Does he have some telling photos on you or something?

Darrin Nelson? What does a RB from 2-3 decades ago have to do with Teddy?

I got my waders, it's starting to get deep now.

Darrin Nelson? What does a RB from 2-3 decades ago have to do with Teddy?

I got my waders, it's starting to get deep now.

You obviously must be too young to get the inference. Siiiigh.

Darrin Nelson was taken in the draft by the Vikings ahead of another running back named Marcus Allen. Ever heard of him? Do you get it now?

The best thing that could happen for Manziel and Bridgewater is for them both to be backups this season.....Ready to start or not, a time for learning is never wrong, and often needed,

I completely agree.

Wow now this is really getting good. JM is going to be a first ballot hall of famer.

Are you really this obtuse?

You said it not me. Glad its in text so it can be referenced over and over.

What do you want to reference? The part where you are obtuse?

No dufus you are the one compared the Vikings selecting Bridgewater instead of JM to choosing Nelson instead of a first ballot hall of fame. Short attention span or what?

Darrin Nelson was taken in the draft by the Vikings ahead of another running back named Marcus Allen. Ever heard of him? Do you get it now?

Uh yeah sure, that makes sense. I can now see how that is compared to Teddy and JM, especially considering they are rookies and have played 1 game preseason game. crazy

Uh yeah sure, that makes sense. I can now see how that is compared to Teddy and JM, especially considering they are rookies and have played 1 game preseason game. crazy

So it's only a bad pick if JF becomes a HOFer? That's laughable. It becomes a bad pick as soon as it is appearant that Teddy will be nothing but the next Christian Ponder and JF has a stellar career as a starting QB in the NFL. Heck, JF might end up being a better pick even if he turns into a career backup QB once Teddy is out of the league in 3 years.

So it's only a bad pick if JF becomes a HOFer? That's laughable. It becomes a bad pick as soon as it is appearant that Teddy will be nothing but the next Christian Ponder and JF has a stellar career as a starting QB in the NFL. Heck, JF might end up being a better pick even if he turns into a career backup QB once Teddy is out of the league in 3 years.

I never said anything about a HOFer, You did though.

You compared this draft to a draft decades ago comparing Teddy to Darrin Nelson and Foosball to Marcus Allen, that is preposterous.

So let's see... PA isn't announcing the browns redskins game tonight so LMIT must be watching. BigDave the business owner only works Saturday nights when the Vikings play and teddy does well so he must be watching....

Wow! A collective 2 completions for the Cleveland qbs right now? That's impressive. Manziel looks completely overmatched out there. Clearly his comment "I'm not ready to start against the steelers" is 100% accurate.

BigDave the business owner only works Saturday nights when the Vikings play and teddy does well so he must be watching....

Nope, wrong again. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? For your information I left for work at 7 am and didn't get home until 9:30 tonight. When I got home I had to unload my truck, take a shower, eat supper and do a little book work. No time for Football tonight. Even if I had your life of leisure I probably wouldn't spend every minute of it on professional football.

How convenient. JM is showing his true colors and you just "don't have time to witness it". Its OK, there's plenty of film and reports out there you should be able to catch up.

Readers digest version: he was late for team meeting, played worse than TJack on a bad outing, and flipped the redskins bench the bird. He did get his first TD pass which was a 2 yard laser beam pass to an underneath RB who had defenders fall all around him on his 10 yard gallop to the end zone.

C'MON Capt, you know LMIT and Bigdave don't have time for football when Teddy outshines Foosball. LMIT only likes to keep us up to date on every single INT Teddy throws in practice and Bigdave had the time to put up video of Foosballs 1st preseason game when he thought he looked great.

You know for a fact they would of been watching if Foosball played like Teddy and Teddy played like Foosball. Can you imagine what they would be saying about Teddy if he flipped the opposing team the bird and it was caught on camera?

The Browns should trade for Blunder and make it a true QB competition, he'd probably win the job.

C'MON Capt, you know LMIT and Bigdave don't have time for football when Teddy outshines Foosball. LMIT only likes to keep us up to date on every single INT Teddy throws in practice and Bigdave had the time to put up video of Foosballs 1st preseason game when he thought he looked great.

You know for a fact they would of been watching if Foosball played like Teddy and Teddy played like Foosball. Can you imagine what they would be saying about Teddy if he flipped the opposing team the bird and it was caught on camera?

The Browns should trade for Blunder and make it a true QB competition, he'd probably win the job.

Jeez, It's 7 am on Tuesday morning. Didn't JF just play last night? I'll look for the video and watch it when I get a chance. I know it's hard for a few of you to comprehend a world that doesn't revolve around this forum and football on TV but that's my world. As much as I will hate to disappoint you this week and not post as much as usual I'm trying to cram in all my work load so I can take my family to Wisconsin Dells this weekend and no I won't be bringing a laptop just to teach you things about the game of football this weekend.

IALTO, have fun Dave. Hopefully Foosball has a better performance next week so we can learn more from your great football mind!!

Im sure they told Johnny Football to just verbalize the profanity like everbody else does in NFL.

With camera's running 24/7 365 the media and haters will take something like that and run with it.

Rookie mistake. ..I expect JF to make the neccasary adjustment.

Square peg...round hole.

The Browns should've just designed their offense around the things he does well and hand him the reigns.

Instead, they have him try to learn a "traditional" style NFL offense and sharing reps with Hoyer.

He's going to struggle all year IMO....