• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

So is it official LMT is saying johnny is going to be a franchise qb? I like how someone gave him props for being "right all along" when the guy never commits to anything.

He will use these generalities to say "I told ya so" or "I never said that" purely based on what the outcome is in 5 years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

It appears that Captain is looking under his bed and in his closet for the boogeyman now.

Heh heh...

Aggressive post from a guy who thinks all its takes is a QB, How'd that work for Denver? How many years has Peyton, Brady, Brees not won a superbowl? Im glad you think its just that simple, shows how ignorant you really are. You build a team, not search for 1 player. And you dont belong on the short bus? You must live in a house with no mirrors.

Oh that's right...if it isn't the one and only full-time ticket holder for the short bus who says "defense wins championships"...but conveniently forgets the regular season is required to get to said championship. crazy

While the rest of those QB's you mentioned are contending on a yearly basis, MN and their moronic "run and stop the run" philosophy is perpetually pretending.

Keep wishing for that lightning in a bottle, Juice.

Someday you'll figure it out...someday.

"He's a better thrower than Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson were when they came out of college." - Mayock on Johnny Manziel.

Mayock now has him as the #1 QB in this class. Pretty significant endorsement coming from a highly respected person in the industry.

He's all of a sudden a better "thrower" ? 2 QBs that have made it to the Super Bowl the last 2 years (oh and they're only 2 years in). So moving forward here, a guy puts on a pro day with his guys after weeks of rehearsal and already has a better arm than 2 QBs that have put up pro bowl stats and Super Bowl appearances. You're going to go ahead and quote that as back up for your opinion on JM yet you want to call everybody else kool aid drinkers and short-bus riders?

This really makes sence to you LMIT?

ps, Kaepernick has a friggen GUN, no way possible JM out throws him. No way.

It appears that Captain is looking under his bed and in his closet for the boogeyman now.

Heh heh...

come on you can do better than that. At least use some star trek gif or your infamous double face palm.

I would just like you to say what you think manziels legacy will be in 10 years.

He's all of a sudden a better "thrower" ? 2 QBs that have made it to the Super Bowl the last 2 years (oh and they're only 2 years in). So moving forward here, a guy puts on a pro day with his guys after weeks of rehearsal and already has a better arm than 2 QBs that have put up pro bowl stats and Super Bowl appearances. You're going to go ahead and quote that as back up for your opinion on JM yet you want to call everybody else kool aid drinkers and short-bus riders?

After you get your panties unwound, you might want to re-read what Mayock said in the quote above.

Just sayin...

With all this analysis , I still haven't figured out why the Vikings drafted Ponder?....... confused

No, Mayock said he was basically a better QB coming out of college than the other two. Doesn't matter how strong your arm is...the other two have adjusted to the pro-level of play very well. They both have the "intangibles" that make very good QB's in the future.

Mayock's statement and endorsement is an interesting read...if you haven't read it yet you should. It simply states that Johnny Football has the "it" factor...combined with all the "talent" that most of the best QB's in recent years has come out with.

The "it" factor...that's what separates Johnny Football from the rest. There are no measurements for that....

It doesn't matter what anyone says, it all comes down to how the player responds when they start in the NFL.

Mock drafts and what any analyst says are for good humor only. Look how the mocks have changed the past couple months.

Blaine Gabbert displayed "precision, timing, footwork, and a big arm" during his workouts also. He was a can't miss franchise QB...LMMFAO

You got it exactly right FISHINGURU, we won't know anything until these guys lace em up and actually play.

I would love to see the Vikes end up with Manziel or Mack. Odds are that neither of those guys will be on the board when we pick, however. Those chiming for defensive upgrades, who do we take at #8 assuming Mack and Clowney are both gone? They could trade down to the teens and still probably get Gilbert or Dennard. Do they take Anthony Barr at 8?

If they decide to not take a QB early, I think the best move would be to trade down from 8 into the teens and take a defensive player. Then assess the QB situation near the end of the first round and trade back into the first round to grab McCarron or Garoppolo if they need to. If there are multiple QBs left at the end of the first then just stand pat and take one in the early second round. We have two third round picks so that gives us some flexibility to make deals.

You got it exactly right FISHINGURU, we won't know anything until these guys lace em up and actually play.

I would love to see the Vikes end up with Manziel or Mack. Odds are that neither of those guys will be on the board when we pick, however. Those chiming for defensive upgrades, who do we take at #8 assuming Mack and Clowney are both gone? They could trade down to the teens and still probably get Gilbert or Dennard. Do they take Anthony Barr at 8?

If they decide to not take a QB early, I think the best move would be to trade down from 8 into the teens and take a defensive player. Then assess the QB situation near the end of the first round and trade back into the first round to grab McCarron or Garoppolo if they need to. If there are multiple QBs left at the end of the first then just stand pat and take one in the early second round. We have two third round picks so that gives us some flexibility to make deals.

I agree with all of this-

BUT, if Mack or Manziel are not there I would want Gilbert next. Im not sure how far you could drop down and still get him. Pretty sure you wouldn't be able to drop down TOO far. I don't know if i would risk it unless Spielman is able to get a kings ransom for the pick.

I can't wait to get this draft over so we can put this thread to rest as everything that could be said has been said and it is getting old! Oh well keeping up on this discussion has given me something to do between ice fishing and turkey hunting. grin

Outdoorswise this is a slow time of the year as I look at the 3+ feet of snow outside my window!

I don't think the draft will slow it down much.

It will start a few "I told you so" from one side or the other.

Aggressive post from a guy who thinks all its takes is a QB, How'd that work for Denver?

Pretty well considering they went to the superbowl.

How many years has Peyton, Brady, Brees not won a superbowl?

But how many have these 3 won?

Im glad you think its just that simple, shows how ignorant you really are. You build a team, not search for 1 player.

That's true but you only get 1 first round pick usually. What do you think will improve a team faster, 1 franchise QB or 1 franchise MLB?

With all this analysis , I still haven't figured out why the Vikings drafted Ponder?....... confused

Neither has anyone else.......including the Vikings.

Makes no sence to me but it does make sense.

So.......the best NFL QB is the guy that can throw the ball the farthest? crazy

I didn't know this was a punt, pass and kick contest.

"He's a better thrower than Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson were when they came out of college." - Mayock on Johnny Manziel.

And I dont think the coach is bluffing. We may get him, but I seriously doubt he makes it to us, but that would not be Zimmer's choice.

I think he is too honest, and he actually thinks the guy is a distraction.

Isn't there a difference between a passer and a "thrower"? I know baseball rubes differentiate between pitchers and throwers. Someone who throws had doesn't equate to a good pitcher. I think the same premise could be applied here.

I would also caution those putting tons of stock in mayocks opinion. If memory serves he had Blaine gabbert his top rated qb in the draft that year. Hmmm

I don't think the draft will slow it down much.

It will start a few "I told you so" from one side or the other.

Oh it hasn't even reached its climax...

And I dont think the coach is bluffing. We may get him, but I seriously doubt he makes it to us, but that would not be Zimmer's choice.

I think he is too honest, and he actually thinks the guy is a distraction.

You mean like how Zimmer was honest when he said they'll be building the team through the draft and not FA, but then when FA opened they signed numerous players? That kind of honest?

FYI - You've been hoodwinked.

During this time of year you can't believe a word from any front office.

And I dont think the coach is bluffing.

blazingsaddles4_zpsa048c0d7.jpg

Hold it men, He's not Bluffing.

Just go "all-in" on Johnny Football this year....

If you're wrong, you're wrong....We've been there before.

If you're right...it's play-off speculation for years to come.

I don't see where the Vikings could possibly lose in this deal...he'll sell more jerseys than anybody in the league the next few years...make the Wilfs tons of $$$$, and entertain us all.

Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater...blah, blah blah.

I think Zimmer likes the guy cause he doesn't necessarily know how to defend him....much like Sabin.

I think we are throwing around the "red flag" comment hoping it helps him fall to us at #8. If he doesn't fall we will just say we weren't interested because of the "red flags".

On the other hand we could pass on him at #8 and grab him in the 2nd round according to Shaun King!!! grin

I too think it is just a smoke screen, but the media sure ate up the fact that Zimmer had red flags on a Manziel. I think Johny is their guy, and we will be moving up to take him. While I think JM is worthy of a top 3 pick, I dont think the Vikes should give a kings ransom to get him. If we can get him for our first, and one of our thirds this year, and maybe our second next year, go for it. I wouldnt give up more then that. I wouldnt mind Bortles, or Carr either. One of them should be on the board by #8. I think Carr can be a good QB, and he fits Turners scheme better the JM.

This draft will have a good play maker available at #8, and we shouldnt reach to much to go after a certain player.