• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

I'm not sure Cassel wants to just be a mentor for a year. Good chance he may not come back. I bet Ponder will mentor a new guy though lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

I am not so sure that Cassel wants to come back so the choice of him being a mentor may be made already

I am not so sure that Cassel wants to come back so the choice of him being a mentor may be made already

Would you want to come back if you were Cassel?? Had to sit there most of the season and watch those two clowns play in front of you when he was clearly better than both of them. I wouldnt blame him for leaving. I rate him at 15-20 in ranks as a starter. There are plenty of team he could go play for and start. There are probably 15 starting QBs that I would take Cassel over.

I would be happy with either but they're the only two in the draft that might be ready to play no. JM would have a shot of doing well right away with us or the texans. If he lands in Jacksonville he's screwed, no line and no defense.

I would be happy with either but they're the only two in the draft that might be ready to play no. JM would have a shot of doing well right away with us or the texans. If he lands in Jacksonville he's screwed, no line and no defense.

So you are saying vikes have a good line and defense? Seriously?

I personally think Bridgewater is going to fall to the bottom of the 1st...that's when someone will trade back into the 1st to take him.

Ricky likes to do things like that.....

I like JM more then Bridgwater, I think JM has a higher upside then Bridgewater, but I think Bridgewater will be a sure bet mediocre starter in the NFL.

Bridgwater wont make it past the Vikes #8 pick, no way, no how.

Kiper has Tedy falling to the Vikes, with JM and Bortles being picked ahead of him. I'm not sold on Tedy and his physical presence, he looks fragile. I think we could get a good qb later and if the Vikes hire Linnehan or Turner they could develop the qb. We're going to be outdoors for couple years so I think they need someone who can handle the elements and the punishment of the nfc north rivals.

Alot will change with these mock drafts between now and the draft, just wait for the combine, peoples stocks will rise and fall based on their numbers and character issues.

Now that we have new coaches I'm not against waiting for a QB and picking up a top flight player at a different position. New coaches could get more out of one of the guys that we already have on the roster or pick up in the offseason.

We could do some good things here with another solid draft and the cap room we will have.

It would be a godsend if Bridgewater were to fall to MN, but I doubt that will happen. That would require good luck, of which the Vikes have little.

Cassel is going to lead us into next season as the starting QB. They draft TB with the #8 pick and let him soak up the knowledge on the bench for a season and then start the next year where the Vikings win the division, get through the playoffs to the NFC Championship game. Then we lose all the coaches to vacant head coaching jobs and don't win a game the next year. TRUE STORY

Wow. 50 pages now on this thread. That's a lot of banter for a guy not likely to become a vike. Not sure when the last 50 pager thread occurred in the fb forum? Does it date back to the Favre days?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

No, dates back all the way to December 10, 2013 when DrJuice started telling everyone all the Vikes need to have a super bowl team is a stub MLB, don't need no QB:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ngs#Post3119496

Good guess, Greebs. The thread with the most replies in the FB forum was titled "Favre".

Coincidence?

I think not.

johnnyDOLLARS_medium.gif

Poor Johnny might be destined for doom if the reports are true about the Browns doing whatever it takes to get him.

They (Cleveland) will get him or Houston will stay put and take him. If I was Houston at 1 or St Louis at 2 I would be pushing hard for a deal with Cleveland. If it is St Louis I look for them to be a major powerhouse in a couple years. They just might get the same deal the Redskins gave up for RG3. The Vikings would have to give away 2 years of draft to try and get this tool. No way he is worth it.

Don't forget about coaching.

They do have a good defense and some offensive weapons, similar to the Chiefs last year, teams can turn it around quick if the chips fall in place.

The Vikes have a ton of holes, so do the Browns. QB is only one of them. And Rico-suave, my stance has never been "we dont need a QB." It has been that there is not an answer to our QB problems in this draft. Im not at all excited about any of these guys, the only guy I'd be open to would be Carr, I think I'd be more open if his last name wasnt Carr though. I believe this draft has some attractive players to build a defense out of, and it seems as if we got the right guy here to do it. Cinncy has had excellent LB play for years and that team has been built around its defense. Hopefully Zimmer can continue that here, no they havent made the superbowl or anything but they also havent had anything close to AP.

Ive been pretty clear on this stance the entire forum.

I say take the best player available we could use it at almost any position, I'd rather move down then up. I wouldn't want for us to reach again for a QB just for the sake of saying we took a QB to try and have him be the future of the franchise. Hopefully reaching for Ponder taught them a lesson, we could of got a real good player at a different position with that pick.

We very well could stack up on Defense early since our D was bottom of the league, DE, DT, LB, CB, S, could use help anywhere on D, an o-line stud wouldn't hurt, either would an elite WR.

I agree this team needs a ton of work on defense. Are there any solid free agent qb's available this year or no? I wonder if they will keep Ponder on the roster, maybe 3rd string.

Not really...

Josh McCown, QB, Bears. Age: 35

Michael Vick, QB, Eagles. Age: 34

Josh Freeman, QB, Vikings. Age: 26

Shaun Hill, QB, Lions. Age: 34.

Chad Henne, QB, Jaguars. Age: 29.

T-Junk, QB, Seahawks. Age: 31.

Luke McCown, QB, Saints. Age: 33.

Kellen Clemens, QB, Rams. Age: 31.

Matt Flynn, QB, Packers. Age: 29.

Rex Grossman, QB, Redskins. Age: 34.

Colt McCoy, QB, 49ers. Age: 27.

Joe Webb, QB/WR, Vikings. Age: 27.

Dan Orlovsky, QB, Buccaneers. Age: 31.

Derek Anderson, QB, Panthers. Age: 31.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the Vikes went heavy D in this draft. Zimmer is a defensive guy...he'll want to make his "mark" with this team defensively. I'll guess three of the first 4 picks will be D players.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
Johnny Manziel declines Super Bowl appearances to train

Johnny Manziel has received a lot of attention -- much of it negative -- for his off-field decisions the past 15 or so months. Surprisingly, his decision this week to bypass the Super Bowl and all its festivities hasn't received all that much publicity.

His agent, Eric Burkhardt, said Manziel was presented opportunities to go to New York but declined. Some reports have said those opportunities included money for promotional services. But Manziel is putting work before pleasure, trading what likely would've been a six-figure payday for workouts to improve his footwork. Can you imagine the attention he would've received had he gone to New York and bypassed the daily workouts?

• 3 weeks later...

The little boy is doing everything he can to get himself selected #1 overall in the draft. He wants to stay in TX bigtime.

He will not make it past 4, and I highly doubt he makes it past 3.

If he makes it past 1, Cleveland will give up the draft to move ahead of Jacksonville to get him, and the Rams can still get their guy and accumulate a bunch of value at 4.

Looks like we could have Manzel, Bortles and Bridgewater going 1-3. Clowney should end up in Oakland unless the Rams take him cause they think he is the best available. I really hope the Vikings trade back now and pick up some value.

I would laugh if he was passed by Houston and the Rams drafted him at 2. That would screw up a ton of draft boards.