• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

McLeod Bethel-Thompson released

Scott K

Quote:

Vikings waived QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

The move clears a roster spot for Josh Freeman. A third-year undrafted free agent, Bethel-Thompson has never appeared in an NFL game.

Quote:

49ers claimed QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson off waivers from the Vikings.

QB John Skelton was waived in a corresponding move. Bethel-Thompson, a third-year undrafted free agent, has never appeared in a regular season game. This past preseason, he completed 33-of-52 passes for 320 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. McBLT will serve as the 49ers' No. 3.

MBT will see NFL time now, heard Harbaugh was already having issues with Kaepernick.

Jim wanted MBT, since he knew him from his college days and said he has probably the strongest arm in the NFL.

Will bite us in the end on this brain move too.

MBT will see NFL time now, heard Harbaugh was already having issues with Kaepernick.

Jim wanted MBT, since he knew him from his college days and said he has probably the strongest arm in the NFL.

Jim bob knows him more than from his college days. San Fran signed him as a undrafted rookie in 2011. Makes perfect sense picking him up. Has all ready been in their system.

LOL you guys are funny. MTB couldn't even get a college starting job, what makes you all think he is gonna be the next great qb?

CM, would you rather have Ponder, or Johnny Football as the Vikes QB next year?
given the choice between those two ponder. Manziel is an immature punk whose game excels in college but I highly doubt it will last long in the NFL. More talented qbs than he that have made it to the NFL with a similar game are facing the same struggles can newton being one of them and he at least has some size.

Since neither will be here for the vikes next yr I could really care less.

About the only "analyst" who think manziel will be a big star is skip bayless. Who also was in love with Tim tebow and we all know how that worked out.

Ponder ,Manzeil, MBT ,Freeman,or whomever it wont matter .

The Only QBs who have done well here in the last decade came into the organization with experiance . VIKINGS can't develope a QB and thats what needs adressing . Teams like GB have always had good QB it would be interesting to see how much there process has changed over the years behind the scenes

how many 3rd string qb's do you know of that go on to be even a competent starter anywhere else? It NEVER happens... good luck with that commentary.

I have no idea where the MBT infatuation comes from in this state....

MBT= Spurgeon Wynn with a stronger arm

MBT takes playing time from Kapernick lol. Countyline you look even more foolish agreeing with him. That's almost as laughable as CaptainMusky's pick of Ponder over Manziel.

You guys are joking, right?

Yeah, I won't apologize for saying I would rather have ponder in over manziel. From what I can tell one has thrown a pass in the NFL (albeit wobbly and incomplete) the other hasn't proven anything in the NFL.

Truly watch him play, watch his o line. Many of the things people dam about ponder he does. He gets by with it now because its college. He will not at the next level.

I don't care college or pro. Manziel is 10 times the qb Ponder is or ever will be. Not even close. Put Manziel in w/ 2-3 weeks of NFL practice and he puts Ponder on the bench behind him. Put Ponder in for Manziel and everybody would be saying A&M who?

Same with MBT. Who?

I guess you have certainly seen something completely different in manziel than I. Watched some of the game and it was very average. Pocket breaks down he runs. Under throwing a wide open receiver only 45 yards down field. We have/had a guy that already did that.

You said you'd take Ponder over Manziel(again lol). I said he's hands down a better qb at any level.

Then you say he's average...

anyways...MBT who?

• 11 months later...

Looks like some of you may be able to rekindle your man crush on MBT.

Quote:
Report: Vikings Bringing Back McLeod Bethel-Thompson

With the injury to Matt Cassel, there were probably plenty of players that the Minnesota Vikings could have signed to round out their quarterback depth chart. However, it appears that in Minnesota's eyes. . .

THERE COULD BE. . .ONLY ONE!

Yes, there are reports surfacing that the Minnesota Vikings are bringing back quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson. . .which is short for McLeod John Balthazar Bethel-Thompson. . .back to their practice squad.

I haven't seen any corresponding roster moves to this point, but since the Vikings had ten players on the practice squad, bringing back Bethel-Thompson suggests that a player had to be either released or promoted to make room. So, here's my best guess at what's going to happen.

-Tight end Kyle Rudolph goes to injured reserve with the designation to return

-Quarterback Matt Cassel goes to injured reserve, ending his season

-Tight end Chase Ford gets promoted from the practice squad to the active roster

-McLeod Bethel-Thompson goes to Ford's vacated practice squad spot

Bethel-Thompson was the Vikings' #3 quarterback in 2012, and for part of the 2013 season before he was released so the Vikings could sign Josh Freeman. He has had stints with both the San Francisco 49ers and New England Patriots since being released by the Vikings.

Once we clarify all of the Vikings' roster moves, we will provide an update on those. And don't forget your "MBT IS BETTER THAN CHRISTIAN PONDER" hot sports takes. Come on. . .you know they're coming.