• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oakland's reliefer

harvey lee

Did Grant Balfour use to pitch for the Twins years back? Seem's to me he was a Twins pitcher but I may be thinking of someone else.

Here is a list of the ex twins in the majors right now.

I think you could make 2 maybe even 3 linups that would beat our

current roster.

Grant Balfour, Athletics

Henry Blanco, Blue Jays

Craig Breslow, Red Sox*

Alexi Casilla, Orioles

Jesse Crain, White Sox

Michael Cuddyer, Rockies

R.A. Dickey, Blue Jays

Matt Garza, Cubs*

Carlos Gomez, Brewers

Matt Guerrier, Dodgers

J.J. Hardy, Orioles

Brendan Harris, Angels

LaTroy Hawkins, Mets

Philip Humber, Astros

Torii Hunter, Tigers

Garrett Jones, Pirates

Jason Kubel, D-backs

Francisco Liriano, Pirates*

Kyle Lohse, Brewers

Jason Marquis, Padres

Jose Mijares, Giants

Pat Neshek, Athletics

Joe Nathan, Rangers

David Ortiz, Red Sox*

A.J. Pierzynski, Rangers

Nick Punto, Dodgers

Wilson Ramos, Nationals

Jon Rauch, Marlins

Ben Revere, Phillies

Johan Santana, Mets*

Kevin Slowey, Marlins

Denard Span, Nationals

Delmon Young, Phillies

Balfour looked very promising in a twins uni if I recall his outings. Lots of guys looked promising, for whatever reason they are no longer with us. Makes you wonder how long Buxton and Sano will be with us, looking at that long list we're kinda a triple AAA outfit for the rest of the majors to pick from once they demand a few more million. Didn't see Nishioka on that list smile ?

If throwing money at a team ensures success, why are only three of the top ten in team payroll in the playoffs? Probably poor coaching, huh?

Oh, and 26, 27, and 28 in payroll made the playoffs?

So why in the @#$% did we throw 23 mill a year at a catcher ? We know the formula, we used to be that model of low payroll high performance, I would imagine 26,27,28 have outstanding pitching and that's exactly where the twins need to get their ducks in a row. I'm not sure we have a number 3 or 4 starter, let alone a 1 or a 2. We once were all about defense, base running, pitching and good enough if the starters are solid. You can't get down by 3-4 early in a game with our lineup, with solid starters it won't get to that point in lots of the games on the schedule so you're in em.

I would guess the Twins still consider that contract a good investment. They have probably seen a healthy return in ticket sales and tickets sold by families wanting their kids seeing one of the best. I totally agree about the pitching. With a depleted farm system, they will have to keep trading the promising young players to try to build the system again to the point where it can be self-sufficient and star contributing to the Twins again.

If throwing money at a team ensures success, why are only three of the top ten in team payroll in the playoffs? Probably poor coaching, huh?

Oh, and 26, 27, and 28 in payroll made the playoffs?

problem with this statement is that not that many on this list left due to salary reasons.

The twins are terrible as far as player development. The "Twins Way" used to mean something but the coaching staff they have had the last 4-5 years has shown to be a complete failure. Hardy and Papi have been quoted as saying their current teams laughed at the hitting philosophy that Vavre and now Brunansky are teaching. It starts at the top with Gardy and it flows downhill much like something else all the way to the players amd their abysmal performance the last 3 years.