• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

marcum digital charger question?

f1sh1nfool

Question

i have a lx-3 and love this unit. the only problem if you can call it that is the digital readout. after i start using the unit the digital display will flash two different readings. it will alternate from a high reading say 90% and a lower one like 40% and the word "charge" will show up with the second reading. this doesn't seem to affect the overall performance of the unit, it just makes it difficult to know how much of a charge there is. the only time it displays one reading is when there is a 100% charge. has anybody else experienced this? i have e-mailed this to marcum customer service in the past and they didn't seem to have any explanation.

1 answer to this question

I know on my LX-3 that when I am using it fishing it just marks what percentage the battery condition is in. When charging when I plug it in it goes from at rest percentage to charge and then percentage under charge.
Sounds like yours is preparing to charge while your fishing hmmm? Normally when fishing it will just give you battery status in percent and that's it.
If it's not effecting the charging of the unit I would not worry about it, but if it's bothering you that's what your 2 year warranty is for. It's your call.