• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reflective fabric

Duckman8

Question

Where can you get reflective fabric? My wife is willing to sew it on my new house, but I can't find any. It is a black house and I fish alot at night and would like to put something on it. I would hate to get hit by someone. What is everyone else doing for this requirement?

5 answers to this question

Cheap and easy, you could get some reflective tape and pin it to your fish house. You could also stick it to some fabric and have your wife sew the the two together onto your fish house.

Just my thoughts

Hi Duckman8,
I had the same concern last winter about mine.
I finally did find an authorized distributor of 3M products who will sell in small quantity, the same highly reflective 2" silver material used on the Clam brand portables.
I hand stitched a 2" x 6" piece centered at the post and wrapped around at each corner. 4 square inches per side is required. I called toll free, they knew just what to send, I think the minimum order was a 3 or 4 foot roll . Minimal cost.
Iron Horse Safety
9886 Chartwell Drive
Dallas, TX 75243-8304
1-800-323-5889
www.reflectivefabric.com
Good Luck,
Don

I'd also love a 2" x 6" or 12" piece of reflective fabric. I'll happily give you a few bucks for one. Mind if I also e-mail you? Let me know what it's worth and I'll send some cash along to you.
Thanks,
Scoot