• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
teamwalldawg

Mille Lacs Muskie

teamwalldawg

Heading up to Mille Lacs this weekend for the big one.. Wanted know if anyone has been having any luck.. Was up plenty this summer with moderate luck, but then it kind of died off.. Hoping the Fall bite is starting to kick in.. Even though i havent seen a muskie post in weeks...........! I'll report back with hopefully some good news.

RumRiverRat

Mag Double Dawgs in Lemon Tails fished on prime structure at moonrise, moon directly overhead, moon set and moon directly underfoot is what I would do.

Stringerless!

Son was there Wednesday. 4 pike, a huge largemouth and 2 follows. Chased off about 3:30 by storms. Southeast end

fish_time

Looking forward to your report. Im planing on going up next weekend. we plan to stay on the north end. any tips or reports would be great. my wife is still looking for her first muskie of the season. she is well over do!

teamwalldawg

Well We fished all day Friday in 15 plus mile an hour winds... Which sucked!! Couldnt fish the spots we would have liked to due to it.. Moved all over casting dawgs, blades, topwater, everything we had! Only seen one fish. Just to [PoorWordUsage].. Going back up over the full moon, hopefully the wind will seattle down.. Sorry i dont have any better reports..

hart0670

Out of curiosity, does anyone ever fish muskies with spoons? I fish northerns with Doctor Spoons all the time, but have never tried them for muskies. Am probably going to give it a shot either way this weekend, so maybe I'll be able to answer my own question.

CaptainMusky

Ive never targeted muskies using spoons, but I have caught them while trying to get a pike (before musky season). I caught 5 in one day over 42" on a pink daredevil. Then I put the rod away because the pike were not cooperating.

BrdHunter01

I know a lot of people "pike" fish before Ski season shocked

CaptainMusky

I know a lot of people "pike" fish before Ski season shocked
If you are accusing me of doing that just come out and say it.

You couldnt be more wrong. A pink daredevil would certainly be my last choice to fish muskies, but it works awesome on pike, just not that day. I certainly wouldnt be trolling with light bass gear and 14# mono either.

Red Miller

Not being a Muskie guy, Just wondering what is the deal with throwing a pink dare devil to "target" a Muskie. Is there some unwritten rule about what lures you use? My buddies and I have joked about using Barbie and Ken dolls with 00 trebles. I bet they would work!!

I have trout fished in the past and found the using a night crawler and a bobber work great if you are "targeting" trout.

CaptainMusky

Would you use a flu flu to target walleyes? If the pink daredevil was the size of a stop sign but probably would be targetting musky but considering it was only 2-1/2" long it certainly wasn't.

Red Miller

Okay, I get it.....thanks for the clarification.

hart0670

Well, didn't mean to start that little argument, but did try a spoon over the weekend for muskies, and didn't catch a musky or a pike. Haha, so much for that. Guys in my boat did catch two 34" muskies, and a few smaller pike though, so I think the spoon experiment is over.

over the limit

very large 5 of diamonds daredevil,

shore line about 12 feet of water, mornings 7 to 10

starting know till freeze, their in feeding on the perch

that come in, in the fall

GravelBar

very large 5 of diamonds daredevil,

shore line about 12 feet of water, mornings 7 to 10

starting know till freeze, their in feeding on the perch

that come in, in the fall

+1

workin4bait

I took a co-worker out on his first muskie trip,after an hour and a half he got bored.He clipped on a 2 and 3/4 inch spoon,on his first cast a 42" muskie. He is hooked on muskie fishing now.

workin'

Stringerless!

Son was out there all day yesterday . Nothin.

Foreverfish1

I was out all day a couple days ago in the SE corner of the lake. Focused on rocks with crankbaits and softbaits for most of the day but also casted some weeds with blades. Didn't see a single musky but caught a FAT 40" northern off a deep rock reef. She hit pretty hard so I was excited that it was finally one of the famed Mille Lacs muskies, but nope, just a northern...

Hopefully I can make it up 1 or 2 more times to catch (or at least see) one of the 40 pounders!

tolle141

Didn't see a single musky but caught a FAT 40" northern off a deep rock reef. She hit pretty hard so I was excited that it was finally one of the famed Mille Lacs muskies, but nope, just a northern...

I'd take a 40" northern over three 40" muskies any day. Those things are rare!

Foreverfish1

Looking back I should've appreciated that big northern more when I caught it…

I went out 3 more times after Oct. 25 with the last time being yesterday. Didn't see a single musky or catch single fish in any of those trips. Maybe I should start fishing other areas as the SE end has not been good to me. Bulldawgs on rock reefs was what I was doing (as was everyone else out there musky fishing) and it just didn't produce.

With ice in the back of Isle bay and cold(er) temps forecasted, I think the open water season is done for me…

I hope other people had better luck this fall!