• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2013-2014

Scott M

My only issue is barea jacking up shot after shot. Otherwise the team looks really solid and I plan on watching a lot of games this year for once… I won't make a prediction/projection this team, I'll l wait untill thet've won 40-50 games or so before I get excited about playoff runs.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• schmitty3

• ozzie

• EBass

Top Posters In This Topic

Barea is too hot and cold for me, and when he is cold he plays like he is on fire. Tries to do too much for my liking.

But you give Shved a free pass?

I give him more leeway than Barea. Shved is only in his second season, Barea is a veteran. Shved still has a lot to learn.

JJ had a lot to do with the Wolves come back last night, his energy he brought that Rubio lacked last night, almost won them the game. If it werent for Loves long missed shot in the last seconds of the game, they would have won, and JJ would have been the biggest reason for that. I am not saying JJ is an allstar, or that I would even want him running our offense with our first string, but in our second unit, we need someone with his energy, that isnt afraid to be aggressive. If that means taking a lot of shots, so be it. Streaky works in the second unit, because you can always pull him for the 3rd unit, or run your starter again. If JJ is playing his role, he is just what this team needs, it is when he is forced to play SG, or to run the first unit, that he sucks.

Aside from Martin's nice game from downtown, the team was a combined 0-20 from beyond that arc. That, plain and simple, is why we lost. Going even a measly 1 for 20 would have been the difference in the game, but even moving the ball around and not forcing 3s when we got behind would have been a difference maker, also. We were really sloppy and forced the ball too much in the first half. I like when we play up-tempo, but it was forced and ugly looking from the get-go. Overall, though, a tremendous amount of fight in this team as evidenced in the last 5 minutes. That was as encouraging as a loss can be, but still a bit bitter to swallow! We've proven we can hold onto early leads, and now we've proved we can fight back from early deficits. Anyone think we'd lose with even 30 more seconds on the clock last night? We just have that "we can do it" vibe going on. Fun to watch!

shved is in a hard spot, coming off the bench down big and trying to jack up 3s while cold. Maybe guys like Ray Allen can do that but those guys are RARE. Barea shot us out of house and home last night. Corey Brewer should never shoot outside of the key for the rest life.

Really great team effort last night. When these guys click offensively like they did in the first, I really don't know a team that can stop us. If we could just keep that fire going at the end of the quarters we'd be even better off... It's like we go into lag mode with 2 minutes left. Anyhow, small complaint on what otherwise was a fantastic victory for this team and an LA Monkey off our backs (albeit minus Kobe). Now a true test tonight...playing a back-to-back road game against one of their best opponents of the year. Win this one and I am really impressed. Go Wolves!

PS, how awesome is the Martin signing looking now? Guy was ridiculous last night.

After the minutes the starters played last night, I dont think it will be a favorable outcome for the Wolves tonight.

Last night Rubio was hitting some shots early on, Pek came on strong, both the Kevins were lighting in up as usual, and Brewer looked good.

Our bench, which I thought would be a strong group this season, is what is going to kill us down the road. Lets hope Budinger comes back soon, and can take up some of the much needed minutes at SF.

Your right on it Scott. Our bench is terrible. Cunningham is a joke, and shved just does not seem to fit in, even though he has some talent.

1 key injury and we are in trouble.

I think some calls go your way, and some don't, and it balances out..usually. That, however, was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen and it absolutely affected the outcome. SMH.

I was so mad at my self...I missed the laker game (forgot it was on) and then last night I watched the first quarter and fell asleep only to wake up at 2:30am and realize I missed the game!!! Sounds like if we lost by 2 and had horrible officiating then I was probably better to go to sleep...

Yea the officiating was horrid, but Pek and Love both missed bunny's at the end of the game to tie it. No excuse for those.

Our bench is really becoming a big weakness, our starter are consistently outscoring opponents starter, and then the bench comes in and gets destroyed.

I really had a hunch that our bench would be a strength this season...one of the better benches in the league...but that is far off the mark. As much as I have liked Barea in the past, he is an absolute liability so far this year. He just flies around with reckless abandon and throws up duck after duck. I know he can be a great spark off the bench, and I don't question his energy, but I think 2 of our 3 losses (including last night) are directly tied in many ways to his sloppy play. Anyone else seeing this, or am I being too hard on one player?

JJ hasnt done much this year, but neither has any one off the bench. Lat night the bench was in there, and at least scored a few later in the game. I think you are leaning a little heavy on just JJ, there are many others to point the finger at on the bench, that has done nothing to keep us in the game.

JJ has always been a shoot first PG, that is why we play him at SG at times. This year, I cant blame him, if he tries to pass,, no one is open, if they are, they miss, so he tries to do it alone, in which then he misses. The second unit is horrid this year. With the exeption of last nights game, the second unit looked like they may actually be starting to figure it out a little bit. We will see if they can carry that on into tomorrows game.

That's what i meant when I said he is too hot and cold. I just wish he wouldn't try to do so much at times. He makes some unbelievable plays, but then will come down the court the next possession and make a boneheaded play.

I agree with you as well, that I thought the bench was going to be very strong this year, but it has been the complete opposite so far.

But you have to remember, we are missing a couple big pieces from our bench this year, with Budinger, and Turiaf being injured. Hopefully Budinger will be back by the end of this month, and Turiaf in the same time. That will help our second unit out a lot.

Great point there. IMO those are the two most important bench players we have, and maybe Barea as well. I love Turiaf coming off the bench he brings a ton of energy and hustle, which Pek can lack at times. Then Budinger is that good shooter that we are missing coming off the bench right now. Those two would really help us.

It was a bad game for Cleveland, it was just to easy for us. It was nice to see Brewer step up tonight.

It was also nice to have the bench take some minutes tonight as well.

I really liked what I saw from Hummel in his spot start. Brewer was crazy good. Pretty impressive when you win in that fashion without your best SG on the floor... I think we are really getting spoiled with Love. Unfairly, I admit, but he didn't seem quite as explosive to me for some reason last night, yet he still put up ridiculously good numbers (and in 3 quarters). Some "experts" don't even regard him as a top 10 guy. Name 10 better players! Name 3!

I agree, it was nice to see Hummel have a good fill in start for Martin. Hopefully he can take that back to the bench with him, and feed off of it.

I think Love steeped it up a notch this season, and I can see he is becoming a veteran, a leader to the team, and most importantly, he isnt whining on every play. He is getting back and playing defense, and he is feeding other players with some nice passes.

It would have been nice if we would have won the game against the Clippers, and the first game with Cleveland. But I honestly think as a team, you learn a lot more from a close loss, then you do from a win. This team still needs a SF to step up, or even to make a trade for one. I wouldnt mind seeing Hummel running in the SF position in the starting unit when we can run small ball until Budinger returns.

If we can stay healthy this year, we could go a couple rounds in to the playoffs. But lets not get to far ahead of ourselves with that kinda crazy talk.