• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Time for Jared Allen to go

BuckSutherland

I would agree that for all the hype he gets, he's underperformed greatly, along with many of his teammates on the defense. His patented speed rush is very effective in obvious passing situations but that same speed rush not so effective on other plays. Will give him credit though for his play during ot last weekend. He was putting a boatload of pressure on Flynn that whole ot period.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

• harvey lee

Just wondering where Jared was last Sunday??? I cant remember him doing anything other than falling on Dalton's feet and getting credit for half a sack after we were already blown out. Zero pressure the entire game. Maybe the secondary wouldnt look so bad if we could actually get some pressure on the QB and force some errant throws. Not since Herschel Walker has a Viking been so hyped and completely under preformed.

Glad I only have to watch this goat-roping donkey lover play one more game as a Viking.

Buck, we all know Jared was dating your wife, so we understand your hatred for him, but Jared will end up in the Hall of Fame. He has had an off year, compared to his career. Sure he is on the decline, and is over payed this year, but that happens with long contracts. Not his fault. Jarred Allen is actually a rather nice guy. I have had personal dealings with him in the past. In fact, he knows he is not going to be a Vikings next year, and yet him and Robison are going out of their way, after the season, to help with my grandsons benefit.

Doesnt really sound like the big bad guy you describe of him. Did you expect him to go to the FO, and tell them I make to much money, take some away from me, since I have declined at the end of my contract?

Buck, we all know Jared was dating your wife, so we understand your hatred for him, but Jared will end up in the Hall of Fame. He has had an off year, compared to his career. Sure he is on the decline, and is over payed this year, but that happens with long contracts. Not his fault. Jarred Allen is actually a rather nice guy. I have had personal dealings with him in the past. In fact, he knows he is not going to be a Vikings next year, and yet him and Robison are going out of their way, after the season, to help with my grandsons benefit.

Doesnt really sound like the big bad guy you describe of him. Did you expect him to go to the FO, and tell them I make to much money, take some away from me, since I have declined at the end of my contract?

Yep, thanks for the personal insult. Maybe you should kick yourself off for a week now and sit in the penalty box like you did to me. As far as him off the field I could care less! He isnt getting paid to go to the hospital or go to charity events or whatever. He is getting paid to play football. He is getting paid nearly 1/6th of the entire salary cap. Shouldnt be to hard for him to figure out why we couldn't keep a guy like Winfield.

And how many games did he show up when it mattered through his career??? He has almost always been on losing teams. When he almost broke the record all he did was rush the passer. Played every play like a pass. He is not a team player at all. And before you get your little package in a bunch I am more frustrated with the Vikings organization (all MN sports in general) for giving a big long-term deal to another has-been on the end of his career. I would have taken one look at that bloated fat salary at the beginning of the year and cut him. A complete joke. I dont honestly know how he can accept it all for the way he performs. I guess I would feel a little more guilty going out there getting paid huge to do nothing. He would make a great gov't employee.

Buck, I have no authority to sit anyone out. If I did, SillyTown would be a ghost town. There wasnt really a personal insult there at all. Sorry if it offended you.

Jared was offered a big contract in his prime. That contract was honored on both sides of the fence. Should the Vikings have cut Allen this summer, yes. But they had no one better to fill his shoes. One could argue, Allen may not have made much of an impact for the outcome of the games, but that is usually the case in most positions on the field. It is a team sport, and hard for a single player to win games, but easy for a single player to lose it for you. I can say there werent to many games in the past 7 years, where I said, Allen lost that game for us.

Jared is no different than any other high paid athlete. They sign a huge contract and the team agrees they are worth that money or heck, they would not sign them.

As the years go by, the players get older and lose some of thier speed. Happens to everyone who plays long enough.

Not sure why they should have to give any of thier pay back if they underperform the last year or so.

They do not get paid anymore if they perform better so they same the other way.

The entire team has issues and many are upset they play like they do. Can't blame 1 player and 1 player will not turn this team around no matter how much someone dislikes them.

Is Joe Mauer still worth the big money he recieves even after he has to take another position since he cannot catch anymore? They each signed a legal contract and they both have to live with it.

Just wondering where Jared was last Sunday??? I cant remember him doing anything other than falling on Dalton's feet and getting credit for half a sack after we were already blown out. Zero pressure the entire game. Maybe the secondary wouldnt look so bad if we could actually get some pressure on the QB and force some errant throws. Not since Herschel Walker has a Viking been so hyped and completely under preformed.

Glad I only have to watch this goat-roping donkey lover play one more game as a Viking.

Noone is forcing you Buck to watch the Vikes or JARED, you choose to so you can come in this forum and whine about Jared. I quit watching the Vikes this year as they have stunk it up and until Zigy changes his coaching staff totally, I will not watch them.

Coming in here and whining about the coaching staff will not change one thing so I jst leave it be.

If you believe Jared is the reason we lose, you have not watched to many games, it's a team and it takes a team to win. Lot's of holes in the entire team.

Looks like you guys took the bait. Who says you cant troll in the winter.

And its not as much about JA as it is about the stupid huge contracts that we give away in MN. JA, Peterson, Herschel, Dumbte Culdungger, Kevin Garrnet, Joe Mauer, the Silver Fox. We continually try to buy championships and it doesnt work. Look at the Wild and the lovefest most of you have for Parisite, Pompusville and Suter. How is that working out?? Is that really what we wanted to be on the playoff bubble each year with these guys?? Is that all the more we can expect from a MN team?? They will be out of cash to keep other players and will blow for the next ten years.

And Harvey I watch cause I am paying for them. The least I could do is get some enjoyment out of it. They have lots of holes so you dont spend everything you have to keep one mediocre player. They could have had 3 mediocre players for what they paid JA. It would have been an upgrade from the dreadfullness that was this season.

I hope he doesnt show up for the Lions game, cause we need to lose, but I think we are going to blow them out.

Some one must be on the naughty list and did not get a visit. Sure the season did not go good but it is almost over. The hope of a new coach and a true Nfl qb is in are future or lets hope

Generic play calling the play calling became predictable after week 1. The cover 2 defense left the field wide open for qbs to pick us apart. Not nearly enough blitzing by our linebackers. Stagnant play from our 3rd string at best qbs pretty much sums up why we are at the bottom. Bring in some new coaching head coach offensive and defensive coordinators

Allen might be getting a little long in the tooth, but he still finished tied for 7th in the NFL for sacks. Robison finished tied for 26th. Wether you like him or not, he was still productive and made offenses worry about him at all times. Will he be back, I doubt it, which is too bad. I know he said in the press he wants to play in a Superbowl before his career is done, so I see him signing with a contender for his final years. Make no bones about it, he will be a hot ticket when free agency opens up.

He played hard and like Harvey said, honored his contract to the last play of the year. Stand up guy for his charity work with Vets and Wounded Warriors. Sad to see him go.

He will end up in Seattle. Happy to see him go. E Griffen is a all-around better DE. Jared has generally only played for losing teams allowing him to sit and ONLY rush the passer and pad his own personal stats for his entire career. 2010 is a prime example. One sack in 7 games when it mattered. Then once the season was over he just sat and focused on himself.

WE could be a SB contender here too if we didnt spend all our money on a DE and a RB and had a little QB play. Opportunity cost ladies. Look it up.

And Musky he had about 4 garbage sacks this year that shouldnt count towards anything. And nobody respects him. That is why GB blocked him SINGLE-TEAM!!!!! The entire two games with rookie 4th round pick David Bakhtiari and owned him.

WE can thank God that he never got behind the wheel drunk in MN like he had done so many other places and killed anyone.

Good riddance

think buck is a little hard on him but I do agree that allen excels only in obvious passing situations where he can speed rush but in other situations hes mainly transparent on the field.

• 8 months later...

Anyone see the last rush by the Bills today??

Ran it right down the goat ropper's throat. It was a thing of beauty.

I checked his stats. One tackle is all he managed to produce against Cordy Glenn. Who?? That's what I thought too.

Meanwhile, His replacement E. Griffen registered 3 total tackles, including 2 QB sacks, a couple of QB hits, and a couple QB pressures against ALL PRO Jake Long. It was a thing of beauty to watch the TEAM play defense today, and not some guy going for personal glory.

E Griffen is gonna make all his haters look like fools, and JA has already made DA Bears look like idiots.

It's the first game for both those guys of the year. Ever think maybe they aren't running at JA all that much? Besides, he's never been a run stopper his job is to get at the QB. I still like the guy and would have liked to see him on the team still.