• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Time for Jared Allen to go

BuckSutherland

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

• harvey lee

It was nothing, I'm sure Buck could have done it with no hands and 2 d-lineman in between.

And he would have predicted it beforehand.

And he would have predicted it beforehand.

Correction:

He would have Predicted it the day after he did it!

Good Luck!

Ken

Correction:

He would have Predicted it the day after he did it!

Good Luck!

Ken

And I am sure he has broken down all of the film of Jared Allen to show us proof he is in it for only his stats and nothing else..... I mean, being the next GM/Coach of the Vikes, a guy should have his ducks in a row and know what he has going in. If Jared Allen restructures his deal and we get one more free agent signing out of the deal, I am sure we are on top of the NFC north right now, I mean nickel corner(which winfield would have played) is the only thing holding us back right now.

Quote:
Report: Jared Allen could be traded by Tuesday

Add another name to the list of players who could be traded by Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Vikings defensive end Jared Allen could be traded “for the right price.”

While that sentence generally applies to any player, there’s reason to believe it particularly applies to Allen. He’s in the final year of a contract that pays him a base salary of $14.2 million, which means that he’d be due to make $7.5 million over the rest of the year.

Glazer says the “right price” is more than a third-round pick, which could be more than a new team would want to pay for a guy in the last year of his contract — unless a new deal would be part of the trade.

I would be all over a a 3rd for Allen right now, but we will get one at the end of the season for him anyway. So if we get a 3rd for him now, all we are doing is freeing up cash for the remainder if this season.

Allen's stat line from last night:

You mean to tell me his stats are a big 0?? Cant be. He sacked the highly mobile Eli Manning and undefeated Giants last week with a defender in the way and saved our season. There is no way he got his @$$ kicked by some no name 4th round pick rookie like that last night. Don't you know he had 22 sacks back in 1984? He is the best ever and we should pay him more. He is not making nearly enough.

He is probably blowing on purpose so he can stay here and live off his over-inflated salary and be idol-worshiped by the circle jerk clan on here. If I were him I wouldn't want to get traded out of MN either.

You mean to tell me his stats are a big 0?? Cant be. He sacked the highly mobile Eli Manning and undefeated Giants last week with a defender in the way and saved our season. There is no way he got his @$$ kicked by some no name 4th round pick rookie like that last night. Don't you know he had 22 sacks back in 1984? He is the best ever and we should pay him more. He is not making nearly enough.

He is probably blowing on purpose so he can stay here and live off his over-inflated salary and be idol-worshiped by the circle jerk clan on here. If I were him I wouldn't want to get traded out of MN either.

Buck, you rip somebody for mis-typing a word but on a different forum you typed loose instead of lose. Nobody ripped you for that, did they?

Here's another comical take on football in the mind of BuckSutherland: Stat Lines. Wow, you don't know anything other than what you read and hear. Ever spend time watching a game? If you have then you will see how good this guy is at containment (D-Ends first responsibility) and run stopping. The guy constantly breaks blocks and makes tackles on the edge. His effort is very hard to match for anybody on any team. The guy has skills and he goes all out, why hate on him so much? I think you must have some weird fetish for being Skip Bayless.

Ever spend time watching a game? If you have then you will see how good this guy is at containment (D-Ends first responsibility) and run stopping.

Containment? If you consider running a huge wide loop 10 yards behind the qb containment then ya JA has great containment. All of Rodgers scrambles out of the pocket or runs for first downs last week went to the left side where JA should have been. Ya he'll get to the qb a few times, but when he doesn't he leaves a gaping hole for the qb to step up into.

His run recognition is pretty dang good. You don't see him doing that when its a run play do you? That's how you pass rush, watch most D-ends, they rip back over the top or rip underneath. I bet you know how to do that better than a pro. Maybe the scheme should call for a LB to come up and fill some green.

Its his goat roping routine that drives me nutz. Like when he finally does make a play he's suppose to he needs to draw that attention to himself, even if the team is losing badly. He, and others like him, are taking football to the level of pro wrestling and roller derby.

Pro wrestling I can do without. Roller derby, as long as it's a bunch of fairly hot chicks wearing little clothing.....I'm all aboot that.

Both D ends should go, but luckily lol we re-signed Robison lol, he's really bad and Allen has lost a step for sure. But, we're hurting all over the place defensively so who knows really, we're such a mess.

Seattle has told the Vikings they have interest in Allan, but only has 2 million salary cap space. We'll see if the Vikings truely want to move him in the next couple of hours.

The seaHawks are gonna have to add horns to the chicken on their helmets or add some purple to their jersies with all the Vikings on their team. MN is their farm team! HA

Good Luck!

Ken

I think it has more to do with our system, then anything else. You can mask a weak line, and only having 4 guys up front, if your line backers can handle the middle coverage, in case someone breaks out of the front line. It also helps if you are only rushing 4 guys, that your CB, and safeties can cover some one, rather then receivers being wide open every play. The way it looks now, is that our line men suck, our line backers suck, and our DB suck, but to be honest with you, we have a few good players, and a bunch of decent players, and some bad ones. A good coach would be able to play the good players strengths into our system, and masking the bad players bad points. But we dont have a good coach to run a decent system for the players we have. Cover two only works if you have really good linemen, and good coverage for the DB. We need to ditch the cover two, we dont have the personnel to run it, and it is a little out dated in todays pass happy league, with the gun slingers in our division.

The only way this team will have a future, is to tear it apart. Starting with the GM, and all the way into line coaches. Clean house on the players that arent worth a dump, then rebuild. I am with Buck on the fact, we need a QB to build around, but I am realistic in the fact, I am not sure where one just goes to get one of them sure thing QB's. But we need to start there. As for Peterson, I guess I would keep him, unless the right offer came about. I wouldnt let him go for less then two 1st, and a 3rd, unless he demands to be traded, then I would get what I could for him. Otherwise, keep him, and use him to bring in the crowds.

Looks like 31 other teams couldn't get past the stat line, either, and missed "how good this guy is at containment (D-Ends first responsibility) and run stopping". Not to mention how "the guy constantly breaks blocks and makes tackles on the edge."

You'd think that Allen would be someone that every team would want because "his effort is very hard to match for anybody on any team."

LOL.

I think it has more to do with our system, then anything else. You can mask a weak line, and only having 4 guys up front, if your line backers can handle the middle coverage, in case someone breaks out of the front line. It also helps if you are only rushing 4 guys, that your CB, and safeties can cover some one, rather then receivers being wide open every play. The way it looks now, is that our line men suck, our line backers suck, and our DB suck, but to be honest with you, we have a few good players, and a bunch of decent players, and some bad ones. A good coach would be able to play the good players strengths into our system, and masking the bad players bad points. But we dont have a good coach to run a decent system for the players we have. Cover two only works if you have really good linemen, and good coverage for the DB. We need to ditch the cover two, we dont have the personnel to run it, and it is a little out dated in todays pass happy league, with the gun slingers in our division.

The only way this team will have a future, is to tear it apart. Starting with the GM, and all the way into line coaches. Clean house on the players that arent worth a dump, then rebuild. I am with Buck on the fact, we need a QB to build around, but I am realistic in the fact, I am not sure where one just goes to get one of them sure thing QB's. But we need to start there. As for Peterson, I guess I would keep him, unless the right offer came about. I wouldnt let him go for less then two 1st, and a 3rd, unless he demands to be traded, then I would get what I could for him. Otherwise, keep him, and use him to bring in the crowds.

+1, until the Buck agreement

You don't need to build around a QB unless it's a Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rogers which don't come around often and we have zero chance of getting in the foreseeable future. Getting a serviceable guy in here shouldn't be hard and we need to use the rest of this season to find one. We sure aren't going to coach one up now are we. It does start at the top and there needs to be a shake up big time. We're pretty screwed when you think about it, mid season and this bad, ouch.

Bummer we should of took anything we could of got for him at this point.

Well, we will get a 3rd round compensation pick if we lose him in free agencey at the end of the year, so if we have no intention on re signing him, we will at least have a 3rd round for him. It wouldnt make any sense to trade him for any less then that now, all we would gain is the 7 million we save in salary. But that wont effect the team, or us at all.

Quote:
Despite widespread reports and speculation that the Vikings would get a third-round compensatory pick in 2015 if Allen leaves as a free agent in 2014, a source with knowledge of the formula tells PFT that the Vikings would be limited to a fifth-round compensatory pick for Allen.

The system is designed to protect teams who lose players after their rookie deals have expired. For players like Allen, who have completed two multi-year contracts, the impact of the departure is less significant.

Per the source, there’s an exception to this rule. For quarterbacks who leave via free agency, it doesn’t matter whether one, two, or more contracts have been completed — a third-round pick could still be available as the maximum compensation, based on the other relevant factors.

This means that, if the Vikings are getting offers for Allen, they need to compare the proposed trade compensation in 2014 with the fact that, at most, they’ll get a fifth-round compensatory pick in 2015.

Which is basically a sixth-round pick since it comes after all of the regular fifth-round picks.

Which makes it roughly worth a seventh-round pick in 2014.

yep any 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick in the upcoming 2014 draft would have carried more value than a 5th in the 2015 draft which is as stated, essentially a 6th as it is in the end of the 5th round. You need help now! Not two years from now!

Good Luck!

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting for this pussywillow to show up this year. Only 5 sacks all season. 2.5 came against Pittsburgh and a completely decimated line. Another one Cutler fell over and boy wonder got to play tag with him. That means in 10 games (minus Pitt) he has 1.5 sacks.

4th round draft pick David Bakiarti of GB owned him twice this season. Everson Griffen would have 10+ sacks already, and is better at stopping the run if he were playing. So sick of the commentators saying how great he is every week. They must be watching tape from 5 years ago. Dude is done.