• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Time for Jared Allen to go

BuckSutherland

This loser had 0 tackles again today. One of the highest paid players in all of football and he is getting owned every week. Prior to Henderson today we had 1 sack all season. Through 10 quarters we could only get to the QB once!! Cleveland gave up 11 sacks in the first two games.

Allen is never EVER double-teamed anymore and is feared by nobody. We should deal him now and try to get a 5th round pick cause he will be gone next year anyway. I don't know why Everson and Floyd don't play more. Our D-line is washed up, and the loudest mouth is doing nothing to help.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

• harvey lee

Why one player?? The whole vikes org.Along with ziggy outta be in LA.La La Land.Cancel that stadium!Build some roads and bridges fill some potholes! Use that money for some winning situations!!

Not sure what Jared did for you to call him a loser. If you knew Jared and what he has done for others, that would be the last thing you would say. Lotta guys can go before Allen. One cannot expect Jared to do every year what he has done in the past years.

What other player has as many sacks as Jared in the past 5-6 years? Noone. What should Jared do to not be a loser, have the most sascks year after year and never drop down? Who has done that in the past?

Getting a little older, maybe, but he can still play football better than many.

I agree on sending the Vikes down the road and scratching the new stadium.

Just maybe Ziggy wants a new park so his team value can increase. he has done nothing to improve the Vikes so it must be a money deal. Let's get the stadium, increase thier worth and then dump them for a huge profit.

Jared will go to the HOF and you call him a loser, shows about how much you know.

I am no vikes fan at all but he was going against Joe Thomas who is one of the best left tackles in the game also....just sayin

Not sure what Jared did for you to call him a loser. If you knew Jared and what he has done for others, that would be the last thing you would say. Lotta guys can go before Allen. One cannot expect Jared to do every year what he has done in the past years.

What other player has as many sacks as Jared in the past 5-6 years? Noone. What should Jared do to not be a loser, have the most sascks year after year and never drop down? Who has done that in the past?

Just maybe Ziggy wants a new park so his team value can increase. he has done nothing to improve the Vikes so it must be a money deal. Let's get the stadium, increase thier worth and then dump them for a huge profit.

Jared will go to the HOF and you call him a loser, shows about how much you know.

What other players?? How about DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeny

How can you honestly say he can play better than most???????? He has done NOTHING all year!! He didn't do shat last year either. Showed up for a couple games and that was it.

And you female dog about Wiff not spending any money, then why is your man crush getting about $20 million while Robison on the other end is getting about a million and producing the exact same results??????? Greg Jennings $49 million, but nobody to throw the ball to him. Good move there. This team is like asking the cart to pull the horse. Totally bassackwards, and we got good fans like you Harvey to promote the mediocrity. Bunch of fools to think we can go anywhere with a DE and a RB as our "star" players.

I have been right about the Twins, the T-Wolves, the wild, the gophers, and now right again about the Vikings, but i'm the [PoorWordUsage] cause I point out how bad it really is to watch these teams fail over and over again and keep making the same stupid moves over and over again.

Lmtout I think Donkey Lee needs another look into the MN Vikings trophy case. That is if he can take his head out of his man crushes jock long enough to see that this is exactly how you wreck a franchise.

Typical MN sports fan, looking at what a player has done, not what he will do. Perennially good teams get rid of players whose contract is up and are at or past their peak. Minnesota teams pay big money to get these players that are on the downhill slide and then refuse to admit they are not good because "look at what they HAVE done. Results mean nothing because a player had a good year at some point in his career.

I am no vikes fan at all but he was going against Joe Thomas who is one of the best left tackles in the game also....just sayin

Even if you are going against the best, you must be better according to some here.

Jared may have had his best years behind him, but he is at least an average DE. Yes he is over paid, but that is what happens when you give someone a long contract. We have to pay him regardless of if we cut him or keep him, and no one is going to trade for him, unless we eat most of his contract. So we may as well let him play the position. But to call him a loser is a little over board, I have hung with Jared on a personal level a few times, and he is a really nice guy in person.

Buck did Jared have a thing with your wife or something? You obviously have something personal with him.

We have to pay him regardless of if we cut him or keep him, and no one is going to trade for him, unless we eat most of his contract.

Football contracts rarely have large portions guaranteed. For instance Percy Harvin's deal for 67 million only includes like 25 mil guaranteed, and I bet Culpepper's 100+ million contract had only 10-20 million or so guaranteed (too lazy to look it up right now). Players are always being cut with time remaining on their contract. There's some salary-cap hit, and it always depends on how the contract was structured as to what that will be as well as what financial liability the team has.

One more season and you can sleep better at night Buck lol

Then all we need is another DE, DT, couple LB's, couple CB's, a Safety, new o-line, couple WR's, a QB, and new coaching staff and we'll be good to go!!

We have to pay him regardless of if we cut him or keep him, and no one is going to trade for him, unless we eat most of his contract. So we may as well let him play the position.

Nofish, If you are on the roster for the first week of the season your yearly contract is guaranteed so the Vikes would need to pay the whole year contract if they cut Jared now.

When he cut off the mulllet its like someone cut off his..... hasnt beent the same since.

Maybe I have the years wrong but I thought the first year he cut his hair was the year he almost broke the sack record?

I thought it was the year after he cut his hair, either way I think you're right that the mullet was gone when he had 20 some sacks.

I also stand corrected on the contract issue. There seems to be a lot of mis information out there about NFL contracts, tried looking up the info and it took awhile to find the right answer from a legit source.

you have bad games here or there. he was very productive against chicago. he's only really ever averaged like 3-4 tackles a game his entire career. his effectiveness like alot of defensive ends doesn't show up in a box score. QB's have less time to get rid of the ball when jared allen is on the field.

pssst. julius peppers has 1 tackle in 3 games.

you have bad games here or there. he was very productive against chicago. he's only really ever averaged like 3-4 tackles a game his entire career. his effectiveness like alot of defensive ends doesn't show up in a box score. QB's have less time to get rid of the ball when jared allen is on the field.

pssst. julius peppers has 1 tackle in 3 games.

I'm not saying the Vikings should cut Jared Allen like the delusional OP but JJ Watt has 13 tackles so far, just sayin.

I'm not saying the Vikings should cut Jared Allen like the delusional OP but JJ Watt has 13 tackles so far, just sayin.

DE's on a 3-4 defense are positioned completely different than a 4-3 DE. JJ watt is essentially half guard half DE and isnt' usually shooting for the edge like a DE would on a 4-3 defense. He's also 24.

This loser had 0 tackles again today. One of the highest paid players in all of football and he is getting owned every week. Prior to Henderson today we had 1 sack all season. Through 10 quarters we could only get to the QB once!! Cleveland gave up 11 sacks in the first two games.

Allen is never EVER double-teamed anymore and is feared by nobody. We should deal him now and try to get a 5th round pick cause he will be gone next year anyway. I don't know why Everson and Floyd don't play more. Our D-line is washed up, and the loudest mouth is doing nothing to help.

3 tackles

2.5 sacks

Is that good enough for you?

Once again, I could have gotten those. Worst LT in FB. E griffen would have had 5.

Did you see him get blown on his arse on their second rush TD by the TE?? Ran it right at him.

Not worth $20 million when you have so many other holes.

He is still terrible.

Buck is a trolling silly-me. Of all the players on the team, he chooses to target only the ones that will get a reaction from people. What a life this clown must have.

Still terrible.

He got his tail kicked repeatedly today.

2.5 sacks, 4 tackles, 3 qb hits. What more does he need to do to have what you would consider a good game?