• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Green Bay Packers

harvey lee

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LABS4ME

• SkunkedAgain

• Scott K

• JosMN

Oh oh, Rodgers out with a bad shoulder

If he switched to Allstate he could have avoided mayhem like that.

Initial reports are that Rodgers has a small fracture of the collar bone and could miss 3 weeks. Although they need to do more tests to see the full extent of the injury.

Should be interesting to see what the Pack do. Their WR's are already banged up and they were relying on Rodgers to make the fill ins look good. Not sure Seneca Wallace is going to that task. At least they have a capable running game this year to take some pressure off but its going to me completely changing their game plan.

They need to resign Matt Flynn. It's the same offense that he put up 480 yards with a couple seasons ago. Plus Seneca was absolute trash last night.

Without Rodgers the Packers are no more than a bottom of the barrel team.

The NFL is primarily a QB league. The Vikes are a great example of this. The above quote could be said for most if not all of the top NFL teams. Take Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Luck, or Wilson off their teams and see where they end.

There just is not enough good starting QBs in the NFL.

I'm not worried. Wallace kept us in a game against the Bears. The next three weeks are against the Eagles, Giants, and Vikings which are three of the worst teams in the league. It'll be like playing against sparring partners for a few weeks

I agree... shoulda kept and worked with Young. He played well enough in the pre-season to be our back-up. With the three headed hooka of Lacy, Starks and Young... you'd keep D's at Bay!

I guess we roll with ith Wallace (not impressed) and we brought up our practice squad guy to back him up... Maybe he's Keegan like.

Good Luck!

Ken

First of all, nobody has even sniffed at VY's corpse since the Packers let him go. With the rash of QB injuries in the NFL this season, that should be your sign. He wasn't good enough to be our backup and now you want him to be brought back to be our starter? I can't see any semblance of logic in that.

Tolzien has drawn interest from several teams and has been praised, but I doubt he'll get the start anytime soon unless Wallace really stumbles. Tolzien, more than Wallace, needs a camp or two to grasp the offense. Wallace is the more start-ready of the two, but even that's a stretch but he's got more starting experience. Neither has any knowledge of the offense beyond the playbook.

Dude, Vince Young is garbage. Wallace is your best hope and he isn't that bad. He's mobile and athletic and has a dece arm. The play book wouldnt have to be dumbed down like it would for Young. Just look for more scramble plays and Wallace getting yards on his feet. Granted Rogers is a great QB but this team wasn't all Aaron Rogers. I don't see any team in the North challenging them anyways. Its only going to be 2-3 games, The Pack will be fine and will be a frontrunner to rep the NFC in the super bowl.

Relax you two... sheesh. Skunk, I said we should have KEPT not BROUGHT BACK Young. I get it... he's gone. I think he is (was) a better QB (at least in his starting years) than Wallace has ever been (in his starting years). Wallace has rifled through 4 or 5 teams in his NFL career. No one ever wants to keep his carcass either. that tells me as much as VY not being picked up again after being cut. Two of the teams tried to use him as a starter and still got rid of him.

I'm less than impressed even as a back-up. Granted it's only one game, but his legacy with other teams does not show that we should expect too much more than we saw. If he steps up a notch or three, then I'm wrong and will be in his camp, right now... I hold out little hope. Even against the Eagles!

Good Luck!

Ken

This is his 3rd team, and name a team where he's had decent receivers, please. Do the Browns even count as a team with a QB? It semms they go through about 3 a season.

Lets see, off the top of my head. Seattle, Cleveland, Saints, 49 ers, now Packers. I havent had time to googlage him. Thats 5 that I can think of...

Slice it and dice it how you want... Seattle had good recievers when Wallace was there... Young WAS a better QB with better stats as a starter. That's what I am judging it on. So your argument for Wallace would then hold true for Ponder that you cannot judge him on if he should be a good QB, based on his lack of good recievers over these 3 years is why he has not put up the wins or completions... I think wallace is sub-par. Always has been and always will be.

Good Luck!

Ken

I have to admit its kinda fun seeing the packer fans whining about the qb situation. How green is the grass on that side now? :-)

I'm all seriousness no matter how much I hate the packers I don't like the fact Rodgers has been hurt.

OK I just looked him up... the 49ers and Saints do not count. I see he had zero playing time with them... I just remember hearing when the Packers picked him up his littany of temas he has been on...

Good Luck!

Ken

I know it's like getting a big ol' spoonfull of purple and gold cod liver oil! YUCK

Good Luck!

Ken

Getting no PT doesn't really count. Fact is he's in the league Vince is not. Id way rather have Wallace under center. More athletic and he's way smarter. Who were these good receivers Seattle had? Branch and Burleson were probably the worst #1 & #2 combo in the league those seasons he was there.

OK I just looked him up... the 49ers and Saints do not count. I see he had zero playing time with them... I just remember hearing when the Packers picked him up his littany of temas he has been on...

Good Luck!

Ken

You mean no PT doesn't count like I said in the above post? I just posted it and admitted I did not realize he didn't play for two of the teams... Those two couldn't fathom keeping him. So yes, you are correct, the Packers are the third team he's played for. For some reason I thought he had paying time with another team...

You have nothing concrete to show he is a capable pro QB. He doesnt have the stats to suppot it. It's your opinion. My opinion is young showed he was capable as a pro. The Packers chose to release him. I can be totally wrong, but my gut tells me if Young would have been in the system more than a month mostly practicing with second stringers he may have been ready to step in. We'll never know. Soon we'll know if Wallace can step in... The argument that he has only been here 2 months doesn't hold water... Young was there less than a month. I don't think the packers ever had intentions on keeping young. They wanted a guy on the squad to practice the read option plays with the defense.

Whatever... you like Christian Wallace, I don't have faith in him... He has NEVER shown he has IT... And IT is what makes a QB. If I wanted to, I'd bet if i dug through some posts, there may be one by you that says a good QB is the most important position on the team. If the Packers are average at best without Rogers, Wallace ain't doing nothing to make them above average... If a good QB makes his receivers better, why couldn't Wallace get the job done elsewhere. Rogers was doing it with an undrafted rookie and a second year player the last few weeks. Face it, he was good in college and has struggled as a pro. He's been on three teams in the last year alone, and cut by three in his career, Cleveland, saints and niners. not much good to find in that statement.

If he proves me wrong, I'll come on here and admit you were right. But I think we'll see the same Seneca Ponder that's been around this league before.

Slice it and dice it how you want... Seattle had good recievers when Wallace was there... Y

Good Luck!

Ken

Slice and dice how you want!

All of his playing time for the most part in Seattle was mop up duty, or fill in as he is now. He backed up a former Green Bay QB. His career numbers speak for them selves. He may of have had "good" receivers in Seattle but he never had a completion percentage over 65% in any year he had major starts. Look at his overall completion percentage for a career. It's only 1.2% better than his last game in GB filling in. Which has been his career, filling in. He was never the starter unless Hasselbeck was hurt in Seattle. His time in Cleveland, Meh...........

He never played a regular season game with the Saints, because he was never on the regular season roster. He was cut during training camp.

He also never played a single game for the 49ers in regular season. He was never on their roster, other than preseason. He was there one week before asking for his release. 2013.

He did not play or was not even on a team in 2012. Was released by the Browns at the end of preseason 2012.

He also played WR in Seattle. Remind anyone of....... Joe Webb???????????

His playing time in Cleveland was a result of injuries to the current starting QB at the time. Hey but at least the Sea chickens got a draft pick for him!!!!!

Lets take a look at his win/loss record..............Drum roll please!!!!

21 starts 6 wins to 15 losses.

Lets look at that more closely! Ponder, t-jack and yes I am a lions fan so we will include Stafford. They all have a better winning percentage. Heck even Freeman doses "ouch". Tebow is even almost twice his percentage. Joe Webb is even better! Rex Grossman, Gay Culter, Orton, Cassel, David Carr, Josh McCown. I could list a lot more but I need to stop.

Any one who is comfortable with him as the starter is drinking green kool-aid like no other.

Why is Vince Young not on this team or any other????? The dude is not right in the head. Arm chair QB all you want.

He is to short as well as he is only 5-11.

Who cares what he's done in the past...we'll all see very shortly what he's capable of now.

Judge him after that....

Who cares what he's done in the past...we'll all see very shortly what he's capable of now.

Judge him after that....

Its the fact that history more than likely repeats it self. Plus the fact that the last few/current Vikings QB's and Lion QB's have a better winning percentage than he will ever have. Tebow to!!!!!!!!

Judge him after that....

He lost to the Bears. Bigger rivalry than the queens to true football fans and or vikings fans.

Young WAS a better QB with better stats as a starter. That's what I am judging it on. So your argument for Wallace would then hold true for Ponder that you cannot judge him on if he should be a good QB, based on his lack of good recievers over these 3 years is why he has not put up the wins or completions... I think wallace is sub-par. Always has been and always will be.

Good Luck!

Ken

????????????????

Comparing Wallace and Young is like sunny side up to rotting eggs. They both suck!!!!!! Now Wallace to Ponder....... Only thing different is Ponders has a better winning percentage and better completion percentage, however not by much. nTeow, Tebow!!!!!!

Go Lions!!!!!!! Just hope they dont play stupid Lion football for the last eight games.

I ever compared young to Wallace. I said young was a more successful starter. His winning percentage by your argument would say he should be the QB in green bay right now... Not Wallace. And you have more successfully stated what I have been trying to say... Wallace sucks! Always has, always will. There is nothing in his past that shows he will be successful.

Good Luck!

Ken

Scott tolzien is going to slap Seneca Wallace, strap up his helmet, push mike McCarthy, and tell everyone else to calm down, cause he got this!!!!

What are you guys worried about? Last time Rodgers was hurt, you won the Superbowl. Surely these games dont matter for when he comes back he will lead you to the promised land.

All I can say is welcome to the land of mediocrity. A team with no superstar quarterback. Perhaps Lacy can steal some games for you like Peterson did for the Vikes last year, but I do not like the Packers' chances at making the playoffs now. Certainly wont be winning the division IMO.

I think you may be writing the Packers off a bit early. If Rodgers is out say 4 games, and the Packers squeek out a 2-2 record during that time, which with their opponents for those 4 weeks, I think is under estimating it. I think they have a very good chance at making the playoffs, and still winning the division. I would bet the Packers have a better record while Rodgers is out, then the Vikings do during the same time period. Anyone want to bet?