• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Green Bay Packers

harvey lee

What's with the Pack, off to a pretty poor start.

Not seeing much chatter in here about the packers?

Just asking, is it thier offense or defense or what as I have not watched them.

Seem's McCarthy and Rodger's were jaw jacking during the game on the sidelines from what I saw on ESPN.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LABS4ME

• SkunkedAgain

• Scott K

• JosMN

Other years they have been tough against anyone. I thought the Packers would be alot better than what they have shown so far this season.

I would not compare anyone to the Vikings, that would be a huge slam to any other team.

Rodgers and the offense have not been in sync. However, the defense and running games have both been rather bright spots the last two games. I'm okay losing to both SF and Cincinnati. Losing to average or bad teams will be a sign though. A 1-2 start by the Packers doesn't worry me.

same o same o, injuries plague is killing us right now. Rodgers missed Finley a lot yesterday and mathews was having a great game before he went down. Heck, even Starks was running well before he went down! 1-2 isnt bothering me right now either...they just need to get healthy.

Time for McCarthy to revisit his training camp routine. Maybe some hitting / pad drills and a new conditioning coach. This is getting rediculous. They have got to be in the tops as far as injuries to starters in the NFL. It can no longer be attributed to only bad luck. It is now a yearly occurance.

1-2 is not cause for panic..... yet. We'll see what team we have after the bye. I said they would take one more step back this year and end 10-6... I hope we can still pull that off.

Good Luck1

Ken

Unlike us the Packers have actually lost to real good competition. The D has always been there problem.

On paper the teams they lost to should be good but in reality their combined record is only 3-6 so they were very beatable.

When looking at the schedule I thougt they'd probably go 1-2 in the first 3 games I just thought they'd have played better to reach that record. I still have them on an 11-6 season and winning the division although the Bears are starting to look legit so that might be their biggest competition for the division.

we need to get our beeeeep together and start playing packer football.

were not doing the small things that make us look good.

Rodgers and the offense have not been in sync.

They were last week when I had the pleasure of playing against him in FFL! sick

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Packers OLB Clay Matthews will miss at least one month due to his fractured thumb.

It's an enormous blow to Green Bay's defense, which will now have to scheme pressure because it lost its lone true outside pass rusher. 2012 first-round pick Nick Perry has been a major disappointment to this point in his career. Mathews had three sacks, two forced fumbles, and 18 tackles through four games. The Packers also lost ILB Brad Jones (hamstring) and LB Rob Francois (Achilles') to significant injuries in Week 5 against the Lions.

The Packers will still win the division and make a run in the playoffs. They can have injuries and find a way to get around them and keep on winning. Compare that to the Vikings who just keep inventing new ways of screwing things up and it's no wonder the Packers can have a traditional, open air stadium and maintain a 40 year waiting list for season tickets while the state of Minnesota has to build another taxpayer funded stadium for the Vikings in the hopes that it will be cool enough to attract fans to the stadium even when the team itself is not worth watching.

Quote:

Packers placed LB Rob Francois on injured reserve with a torn right Achilles' tendon, ending his season.

Francois was a special teamer and Green Bay's No. 3 inside 'backer behind Brad Jones and A.J. Hawk. He's eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2014.

The Packers will still win the division and make a run in the playoffs. They can have injuries and find a way to get around them and keep on winning. Compare that to the Vikings who just keep inventing new ways of screwing things up and it's no wonder the Packers can have a traditional, open air stadium and maintain a 40 year waiting list for season tickets while the state of Minnesota has to build another taxpayer funded stadium for the Vikings in the hopes that it will be cool enough to attract fans to the stadium even when the team itself is not worth watching.

Cause they have the one piece that matters. A good coach/QB combination. Last time I checked we had Denny Green, Mike Tice, Brad Childress, and now Silent Frazier. Lets take a knee with 2 min left before halftime, and lets get 12 guys in the huddle, and lets draft Ponder. Yeah, you get the picture.

Packers placed LB Rob Francois on injured reserve with a torn right Achilles' tendon, ending his season.

Francois was a special teamer and Green Bay's No. 3 inside 'backer behind Brad Jones and A.J. Hawk. He's eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2014.

Looks like Francois will be a Viking next year... laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

Losing Brad Jones (starting ILB) and his backup Francois is a big hit, especially when you lose Matthews for at least a month all from the same game. That said, Mike Neal and Nick Perry showed their own spunk with sacks and strong tackles in Matthews' absence. I'm not thinking they can replace an elite player like Matthews, but the less drop-off the better.

The real trick will be getting third string rookie LBs ready to play. All of this happened when GB finally got its main starting safety back from injury.

2012 had almost as many injuries as 2010. Logic doesn't follow to equate that to a SB win. We can hope though.

Quote:

Packers ILB Brad Jones (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 6.

It's another tough blow for the Packers defense, who will be without Clay Matthews (thumb) for multiple weeks. Jamari Lattimore will replace Jones in the starting lineup.

2012 had almost as many injuries as 2010. Logic doesn't follow to equate that to a SB win.

No kidding...

smirk

At the beginning of the season I thought the Packers were nuts for keeping Crosby, I thought that he would lose them a few games this year. I am very surprised by how good he has done, and kudos to the FO for having faith in him, when I think most fans have given up on him.

Quote:

Packers K Mason Crosby is 9-of-9 on field goals so far this season.

A year after going an embarrassing 21-of-33 (63.6 percent) and being forced into a pay-cut, Crosby has his groove back. "I think he is much more rhythmic at this point," Packers special teams coach Shawn Slocum said. "It allows him to be in balance when he strikes the ball." Now that Crosby is kicking with confidence and the Packers are moving the chains with ease once again, he's back as a weekly K1 option.

Quote:

James Starks (knee) has already been ruled out for Sunday's Week 6 game against the Ravens.

Starks has been ruled out exceptionally early in two straight weeks, suggesting that he's not close to a return. It's yet another nick woe for a fourth-year player that has battled injuries since his time at the University of Buffalo. Fumble-prone Johnathan Franklin and blocker John Kuhn will be Eddie Lacy's backups Sunday.

They are dropping like flies

Quote:

Packers CB Casey Hayward (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 6 against the Ravens.

Green Bay will be without top cornerback Hayward, top pass rusher Clay Matthews (thumb), and top ILB Brad Jones (hamstring) in a plus matchup for Ravens skill-position players. Fire up Ray Rice and Torrey Smith in fantasy leagues.

Sounded like both injuries may not be as bad as first thought. Lets hope they can both get back on the field as soon as possible!!

That's the early report from one of the players so really 3rd hand. We still need to hear it officially.

With their injuries, it looks like our lightning fast transition to a rushing offense is nearly complete. Lacy, Franklin, and eventually Starks make a potent trio of backs for opposing teams to stop.